• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Okay, Okay, This One's Realy Good...

U

uoBuoY

Last night my Tamer-In-Training Tamed 108 White Wolves and got hisself 0.5 Taming skill gains, Hoo Haa, nice progress, encouraging! Tonight I get my GGS on White Wolf #1 then Tame 59 more. Then I'm Tamen 30 Gaman for a change (love that phrase "Tamen Gaman"!). To round out I then Tame 30 Bulls. Can you guess how many total Taming gains I got for these 120 Tames? Well sir I got 0.1...that is ZeroPointOne...only that one, lonely GGS. Now you're thinking, well that's expected since your Taming is in the range of 118 or 119 and you have 700+ total skill points. Here's the really good one, my Taming was 103.6 (308.6 total skill) when I started tonight and now after Taming 120 critters Taming is 103.7, total skill 308.7.

During the same time period, my Animal Lore gained from 100.0 to 101.8. 18 gains in Lore compared to 1 gain in Taming.

Boy, this is fun, very encouraging!!! Can't wait to train again tomorrow and get another lonely GS.

Now doesn't that encourage y'all to make a Tamer?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can make this suggestion.

Tame either a Unicorn or a Kiren OR use any killer pet you have.

Go Tame Ridgebacks in Ilshenar. Kill them after Taming.

Other than that, yeah welcome to UO Taming 2008 style.

I just threw in the towel at getting real taming skill ups. One Tamer has +29 Taming and the other account has +27 Taming in Jewels.

I am confident the following is just wrong because of frustration. The jewelry is saving me respectivly 290 GGS skill ups and 270 GGS skill ups OR approixmatly 8 months of skilling up.

Now on the bright side, The two Tamers are running a Skill total of 771 and (to date) 740. This, in my opinion, does make them a more viable character.

K

Kyrie_Elaison

I would suggest locking your lore.

Lore works just like music does with the barding skills. With the barding skills you lock off music at gm so that the gains you get will be in your other barding skills. The same should work with animal lore. Instead of getting a lore gain you should get a taming gain (or vet if you are vetting).

U

uoBuoY

Thanks for the Lore suggestion!

I was trying to stay with Gaman, White Wolves and Bulls for as long as possible because they are so abundant. With them I don't waste any time searching for a training partner.

My real wonderment is in getting .5 one night and only GGS the very next???

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My real wonderment is in getting .5 one night and only GGS the very next???
This really isn't something unusual once you get past, say 95-ish skill. Taming just is a very slow skill to train and the RNG is fickle.