• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OK, where's everyone?

W

Winder UO

i-c guild is still about, just got bored with no action, but its picking up again, so were doing a large scale comeback soon!

I

imported_Legacyee

I'm still here
and will be for a long time

I'm just lurking just out of sight in the background

G

Not been too much around.. when shard went inactive, decided to play a bit other games, been stuck to them for a while ^^

Sometimes logging in for solo play

S

Slamer

call of duty 4

if your missing your daily pic's of abuse they are still getting put on our forum

N

Nvidia

Im here too and with DiV and Most Wanted since 5 years on DF

C

Cat Crimson

I'm here... back ( again ! ) had a long hiatus due to PC getting older and crankier and slower and less co operative ( just like it's owner
) and my dialup was getting suckier and suckier making even simple everyday tasks on the 'puter a real pain in the bum, nm about gaming...but now I have fab new whizzy PC and fab new whizzy broadband, and I have just reinstalled UO - wheeee ! Now I just need to shuttle the monitor back and forth between my old PC so I can copy n paste my old macros and re set up all my characters. I've already been toddling about on Siege and Europa and I'm looking forward to getting back to Drach and Atl

G

still about..

most of the forum pvp moved to other forums, it got a bit too "heavy" for stratics!

At the moment there are three large alliances in fel, each of them calling eachother noobs for allying and ganking.

Only I-C still flying solo..

C

Cat Crimson

I was just going through 3x books of vendors on my crafter, to see if any of the shops that I used to sometimes buy bods at were still going... I fully expected many of them to have changed, perhaps become private homes or not have vendors, and maybe the odd empty spot here and there..... what I did not expect was something like 80% empty spots, recalling in to find huge vast gaps of nothingness, no houses placed at all, and some of the spaces pretty big... argh.

The one small ray of sunshine was finding Hannington's Recdu shop in Fel still open, even though there wasn't a vast amount of things on sale I bought a couple of bits I didn't really need just because I was so pleased to see it still there.

C

Cat Crimson

Er, it used to have quite a few... I used to run one myself a while back, before I moved houses. I still *am* in Fel but I don't really have the time to keep a store stocked these days.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
G

Any old people still around? As in pre-AoS (2003)? I looked around at the guild list, but there's none that I recognize. TC, EBR, BN, N-L, RMC, SoA, ICE, $$:, WoT, DA, BT etc?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey! Carefull who you call old !

Me and my friends are around from 1998.

The CAT's are the ones that are left from CW guild.

G

Im here. Ok i've been away for a while, and been busy with real life. But been playing on and off for Ten years.

I have notice one thing on the shard tho, and that is the severe lack of English speaking players, what happened to them all?

There used to be loads out there, im starting to think i should change shards as theres no one to talk to in game anymore

P.S 2D still rocks!!!

I

imported_Drowy

I dont think there is a lack of english speaking player, cause most of the german players speak english, the danish, swedish and whatever too. Even the americans I think
Sometimes there is more a lack in players cause Drachenfels is more like a little village.
So you cant leave our shard or we will get even smaller

P

Prudentis

I'm her! I'm here!

... but then again, noone knows me

And while the majority of the Drachenfels population always has been German(that's including me) I think most of us speak english when addressed in english

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hey! Carefull who you call old !

Me and my friends are around from 1998.

The CAT's are the ones that are left from CW guild.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was around from late 1998 to 2003, not with this nick though. I still get nostalgic every now and then, and miss those times. Shame things turned out like they did.

I think the lack of english speakers is/was a part of the charm of Drach.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it that Drachs got this multi language community.

I

imported_Legacyee

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it that Drachs got this multi language community.

[/ QUOTE ]

It might be a multi language community but in six years I have only meet about three people that couldn't or didn't want to speak English.

I like the fact the Drachs is a village community and not a city one

C

Cat Crimson

I agree, I come across very few players on Drachs that can't or won't speak English. It makes me very grateful and also very ashamed that I don't speak more languages.

I am an " old " player, well, oldish, have played over 7 years on my proper account and a little longer on my friend's, but I am no one you will have heard of
only just having been in a guild of my own and friends' characters.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to UO and Drachenfels (and the people that came with it) my english writing became alot better. And also my reading and understanding german improved alot. Still writing it is difficult for me but maybe in the next 10 years of UO it will get better!

So , who's going to learn dutch (or should i say flemish!) to talk in my native language?

C

Cat Crimson

<blockquote><hr>

So , who's going to learn dutch (or should i say flemish!) to talk in my native language?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... how hard is it..... *hides behind a cushion trembling*

I

imported_Legacyee

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... how hard is it..... *hides behind a cushion trembling*

[/ QUOTE ]

If it meant no more Belguim chocolate or beer being exported, I suppose I would have to try. *runs off to stock up on chocolate and beer*

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eigenlijk is het zeer gemakkelijk. Als ik het kan, kan het niet moeilijk zijn!

C

Cat Crimson

Yes, but you speak it ALREADY :p also, you have way too many wacky consonants.... all those J's and k's and z's... * is scared*

I

imported_Legacyee

I agree with Cat

Eigenlijk is het zeer gemakkelijk. Als ik het kan, kan het niet moeilijk zijn!

In fact it is not very easy and just because you can, doe's not mean it is not difficult

I have trouble with English and thats the only langauge I know

C

Cat Crimson

Mmm, but I think it would be quite fun for Frarc to run a little language school ingame maybe ? Hehehe *evil grins*

I

imported_Legacyee

<blockquote><hr>

Mmm, but I think it would be quite fun for Frarc to run a little language school ingame maybe ? Hehehe *evil grins*

[/ QUOTE ]

As if it wasn't bad enough fighting all the baddies in game and the lag monster you think we should try and master some foreign language.........okay.......count me in

Ik zou een poging hebben

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You would be the first in my class.You do pretty good.

But i would not be a good dutch teacher.
The dutch from Belgium (flemish)is a little different from the dutch from the Netherlands. Thats why they subtitle TV programs from the Netherlands here and they do the same there from our programs. Its the same language but still its different.

"Ik zou een poging hebben" in dutch would be said "Ik zou een poging wagen" here in Belgium. Not to mention we got alot of different dialects in this little country.
If you want a good teacher in dutch, you need someone from the Netherlands.

I

imported_Legacyee

geen Vlaamse lessen toen

Phew!!

Looks like we have been saved from trying to learn Frarc's native language

*breathes huge sigh of relief*

N

noidenx

Hey all! I am 'Kuriyama', the bloke above. Magdalene helped me to retrieve my old account. Now I just need to remember my old UO password.

I am curious as to what happened on 03/18/04 though. Anyone know?

G

Was that when a whole lot of Stratics stuff got wiped? Can't remember when that happened.

Is everyone enjoying the Moonglow event?

P

PHLiNX

<blockquote><hr>

"Ik zou een poging hebben" in dutch would be said "Ik zou een poging wagen" here in Belgium.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually 'ik zou een poging wagen' in Dutch too

Some would say 'ik zou een poging doen' but i've never heard of '...poging hebben'.

There are however still lots of differences as you said. I do like the belgium language. In fact your 'dutch' is more pure/original than ours.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

In fact your 'dutch' is more pure/original than ours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats funny you say that. Thats what i think of your dutch.

I

imported_Legacyee

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

"Ik zou een poging hebben" in dutch would be said "Ik zou een poging wagen" here in Belgium.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually 'ik zou een poging wagen' in Dutch too

Some would say 'ik zou een poging doen' but i've never heard of '...poging hebben'.

There are however still lots of differences as you said. I do like the belgium language. In fact your 'dutch' is more pure/original than ours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to cause a problem but the little bit of Dutch that I used, came from Babel Fish and is probably from the way I entered the text and not from any knowledge of your langauge.

A

An_Old_Ranger

*slipps off his Nightmare, leans against his staff and nods at Magds*

I'm here, so is my friend Rayar. But I hold the old, crumbly stone of the DMT and she only recently had masons in Blackstar Tower to redecorate.

But if I was old before, I now creak when moving. Just not as young as I was.

G

Piotr is the keeper of things of old, including the Orc Drums.
I just check on him sometimes, you know. My towers still stand, on the dark side, dusty and crumbling, but still there.

A

An_Old_Ranger

Possibly in about as much shape (or lack thereof) as the DMT by the sound of it.

After several years ago I lost quite a number of items, I actually was able to by a whispering rose off a vendor today - HellSpawn's Rose. It quite pleased me.

I am also glad to hear that the Orcish Drums are in good hands. I'd hate to see them leave Drachenfels through the void unto another Shard.