• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ok here we go - New +5 stat scrolls need to be avail to everyone, EVERYONE

Get the +5 now , you all know its comming

• Total voters

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:scholar: They are imbalancing and just like AoS this will need to be dealt with - sooooo wy dont we just get it overwith and give everyone who has 255 for their stat max 260 max stats.

:party: Sorry but you all know this will happen in the end.'

This will also stop the insanity of sellings them for insane amounts fo money.:pie:

:whip: And for all that is good and fair please deal HARSHLY with those who are using thier scrolls then selling them.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Sorry but you need another option on the survey. Luck had nothing to do with the scrolls dropping. The events were advertised in advance and EVERYONE who fought got a scroll, unless they happened to have lost conn as he dropped.

I would go for the option of running the Exodus battle ONE MORE TIME, next weekend and have it advertised by Tues. And really.... how "ubalanced" is it when Person X has a WHOLE 5 stat points more than person Y? Not a game changer imo.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hmmm was unaware of that happening. The only event I attended was on Atlantic and after Exodus dropped the only folks that were complaining were the ones who had lost conn while he died.

I retract that comment and stand corrected :) My apologies.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sorry but you need another option on the survey. Luck had nothing to do with the scrolls dropping. The events were advertised in advance and EVERYONE who fought got a scroll, unless they happened to have lost conn as he dropped.

I would go for the option of running the Exodus battle ONE MORE TIME, next weekend and have it advertised by Tues. And really.... how "ubalanced" is it when Person X has a WHOLE 5 stat points more than person Y? Not a game changer imo.
I have to disagree with this.

After Exodus died on Origin, I asked in chat if everyone got one...SEVERAL people there said they hadn't. I lost connection a total of 6 times and I got one. So not EVERYONE there got one..this was on Friday.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EVERYONE who fought got a scroll, unless they happened to have lost conn as he dropped.
Kylie, it may not be a wise idea to promote the idea that people who lose connection have no chance to get the scroll. It may give people who don't have the newest and best equipment or perhaps live in remote locations and don't have great connections the idea that they shouldn't even bother to attend any remaining events. And if there are players who wish to limit the total amount of available scrolls to justify higher prices for those wishing to sell, it could lead to some players doing things in-game to deliberately cause other players to lose connection.

And note, please, I'm STILL not complaining about the scrolls or who's getting them. So don't rag on me and say I'm complaining and definitely don't count me as just another idiotic complaining customer.

Yes, I would like to see every player have a chance to get the journal because I think it's got some good lore in it and I am miffed that many of the EMs are being stingy about leaving out the dispensers. I collected a couple of books on Origin, Formosa, and Napa, enough to keep a handful and give some to guildmates if they want them. However, what about other people? Oh yeah, they can fork over some gold I guess if they want a little momento. How UO-ish.

Very little actual reporting has happened so far for this event and it's sad to think it's going to be just one more event from the last couple of years that ends up being very poorly documented for posterity. We get a big event like this and not one person has posted yet what Dupre said, what Exodus said, any explanation for why the Honor gate is now fractured, what's going to happen to it, is Blackthorn truly dead, is his reputation salvaged in any way, etc. I tried to go to the event on Hokuto yesterday morning because that was what fit my RL schedule, but was crashing far too much and couldn't stay for the end of it. I don't know yet if I'll be able to make it to any other of the scheduled events. They aren't exactly scheduled at family-friendly weekend times for the Mountain Time zone. But I sure would like to know how this event fits into the grand scheme of things.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Kylie, it may not be a wise idea to promote the idea that people who lose connection have no chance to get the scroll. It may give people who don't have the newest and best equipment or perhaps live in remote locations and don't have great connections the idea that they shouldn't even bother to attend any remaining events. And if there are players who wish to limit the total amount of available scrolls to justify higher prices for those wishing to sell, it could lead to some players doing things in-game to deliberately cause other players to lose connection.

I can understand that line of thinking. I come at it from a different standpoint usually. I am one who thinks when we have a global arc the reward it's self should be kept secret until the last shard completes the arc. They could drop a reward turn in coin at the event that is not active until the last shard is complete. Once that happens they put a chest or something in Luna, once you drop your reward coin into it, the true event item pops in your pack. That would possibly stop the high number of shard hoppers, which creates less lag and client crashes do to overwhelming the servers.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very little actual reporting has happened so far for this event and it's sad to think it's going to be just one more event from the last couple of years that ends up being very poorly documented for posterity. We get a big event like this and not one person has posted yet what Dupre said, what Exodus said, any explanation for why the Honor gate is now fractured, what's going to happen to it, is Blackthorn truly dead, is his reputation salvaged in any way, etc.
When we have the LS event on Monday i'll do my best to get everything that happens. Obviously it'll differ somewhat but it should still help.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
battle took place on Legends last nite, I fought.. I died... I did not lose connection except for once before we got to Vel Lor Reg... I did not receive a scroll, neither did many others
Wait a minute. UO Herald lists Legends's event for tomorrow night and it was held last night????

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait a minute. UO Herald lists Legends's event for tomorrow night and it was held last night????
awww rats, Shellybean... did my best to get the error posted prominently in a couple of places, so sorry you missed it.. :(

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think it was random tbh...I was on a rather noob dexxer the exodus kept mana draining me non stop ..I died and list conn about 100 times..was hitting for 4-8 damage seriously...did hit it about 100 times so I figure I dealt anywhere from 500-1000 damage and I still got one as well as 95% of the people..I think some..not all people complaining are people who A forgot the event or weren't around..so are begging for an adjustment or compensation to screw they people who "were" there..I think if you have a screenshot of your pack as exodus was dying and u didnt receive one and everyone there was intended to get one then you get one..otherwise don't cry to try and hurt the people who did attend for your laziness and or unluckiness if you are honest...

sativa green

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there should be a new champ with a chance to drop +5. less chance to drop in tram, slightly higher chance to drop in fel.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I wasn't around during the st Patrick days of 1999 as well...let's make that drop on spawns...I mean it is what it is..you either got one or you didn't..event items should NOT be made public to get..ie: replicas and such unfortunately the dev team dropped the ball there..no longer are those real items worth anything unless you're a collector..because I'm not paying 150m for the "real" one when I can get a replica for 20-30 they should NOT be able to get a scroll unless you were there...sry

sativa green

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
less than 24 hour notice on something that gives an advantage in the pvp world definitely should be offered to everyone. things like this further alienate the players from the developers and decision makers. this isn't some trammy decoration item.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
less than 24 hour notice on something that gives an advantage in the pvp world definitely should be offered to everyone. things like this further alienate the players from the developers and decision makers. this isn't some trammy decoration item.

Totally agree this is one that gets me seeing red.

Players don't have to be all equal but there needs to be equal opportunity.

What if I was on vacation or working all weekend and couldn't attend the event? What if I attended the event and didn't get a scroll?

Handing out +5 Stat scrolls is no minor thing. Some other boss needs to start dropping +5 stat scrolls.

If people are walking around at 260 and I'm stuck at 255 and if that's the way the game is going then I'm just going to close my last account for good. This is not the type of MMORPG I care to support or play.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If people are walking around at 260 and I'm stuck at 255 and if that's the way the game is going then I'm just going to close my last account for good. This is not the type of MMORPG I care to support or play.
I made the mistake of having my account set to auto-renew so it took my money for this coming month. I have rectified that problem and unless I am given a +5 stat scroll by the 20th of July I will not be renewing my account. I was there for the event; I spent four hours on Legends struggling through the lag and the many crashes and the death robes. I did all that I could--I dealt damage, I rez'd people, I fought along-side the rest of my shard. And in the end I did not receive a scroll. I wish Mesanna would respond, but we all know she won't. I have already let my house fall lest people think this is an empty threat. For now, I shall peruse the forums closely, waiting--but not holding my breath--for Mesanna to respond and give all of us our hard-earned scrolls. But I shall be a ghost on UO, and if there is no resolution soon I shall be gone forever.

I do not say this lightly as I love UO, truly I do. But I cannot just continue to pay my money, of which I have very little, into a game that relies so heavily on random chance, only to see those who truly deserve such rewards--who were promised such rewards--to see all our struggles for naught. And not only that, to see people belittle our meager request for equality by claiming life isn't fair. I know life isn't fair--that's why I retreat to UO.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I made the mistake of having my account set to auto-renew so it took my money for this coming month. I have rectified that problem and unless I am given a +5 stat scroll by the 20th of July I will not be renewing my account.
Quitting over 5 stat points? *shakes head*

*wonders what's next - possibly I am gonna stomp my feet and hold my breath and turn blue 'til you gimme what I want threads*

G

Gha'val

Well I am upset that I did not get a chance to go to this event. Granted I have not played in a while due to being deployed. Seems like an interesting event. However, unless someone starts selling these, which I do not think many will cause who does not want 260 stats, I will out of luck and crippled in fighting.
I am used to being crippled in a fight just due to the limited play time I get ( roughly 3 months a year ). However, I can see many people getting upset at this. Comming back to the game is hard enough, have to learn whats going on, re-geared, re-scrolled, and now you will be crippled by 5 stat points....forever?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
One of these days I really wish someone would explain to me how in the heck 5 stat points are SO gamebreaking. How are they such a HUGE advantage? How are people crippled in fight due to those 5 stat points? And before you answer keep in mind this is coming from someone who has 2 characters that are only at 245 points, and has been that way for over 4 years, yet can see no huge advantage anyone has over them ... and that's 10 points not a mere 5.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Madrid..... I've been playing this game for 15 YEARS.... In PvP EVERY little thing makes a difference & 1 time stuff that NEVER happens again is lame. Think about when you could imbue stuff like Dijinni's ring. I currently own one with an additional 10 HCI & 25% Enhance potions & now that item can NOT be attained again. I've got an unfair advantage when I use that thing bc no one can get one unless you made it in the small span of time it was doable. Anyway....... make the +5 stat scrolls available through some other means ...

PS..... lol can someone confirm that you can go to 260 stat cap? I still haven't seen anyone say you can.

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
PS..... lol can someone confirm that you can go to 260 stat cap? I still haven't seen anyone say you can.
Yes, I can confirm this is what happens, permanent increase to your stats totaling 260 with a +25 power scroll and the new +5 scroll.

Z

Zinkai

A limited number of +5 status scroll gives the difficult handicap of recovering to the new player of the future.
Unfairness will be brought about.

Phangs_of_Phage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
One of these days I really wish someone would explain to me how in the heck 5 stat points are SO gamebreaking. How are they such a HUGE advantage? How are people crippled in fight due to those 5 stat points? And before you answer keep in mind this is coming from someone who has 2 characters that are only at 245 points, and has been that way for over 4 years, yet can see no huge advantage anyone has over them ... and that's 10 points not a mere 5.
Its not unless your competing against another player. But honestly even the extra 5 stats could save you in pvm many situation. If you cant see how it does matter in the endgame you dont understand the game.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hello Dev's..

Since most if not all of my posts get deleted asking for statement for "+5 Stat Scrolls for EVERYONE" i use this now to ask again:

- Will we get another chance or will we stay at "you didnt attend at the Event, sorry for you"

Please just say something - i will take days off and log on even at the most unbelieveable places and times if i know i have to attend at an Event to get Items like that in the future - i just dont want to be an outsider anymore...

Txs

Phangs_of_Phage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If you think there is an "endgame" to UO then you don't understand what a "sandbox game" is.
Endgame= pvp... solo/2man peerless, champion spawns. slasher of viels, sytgian dragon ya know, the hardest stuff in the game is "endgame" content.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Its not unless your competing against another player. But honestly even the extra 5 stats could save you in pvm many situation. If you cant see how it does matter in the endgame you dont understand the game.
Then how is it that when I did PvP I was able to stand toe to toe with quite a few folks with a 10 stat point disadvantage, without using cheat progs? I fully understand the game, it's the "ohhh man this is gamebreaking" and "such a HUGE disadvantage" that I do not understand. Seriously, he has 5 more dex than I do whaaaaa... or .... he has 5 more mana than I do *bottom lip quivers*.... or even the whopping 5 more hp's... wow, utterly gamebreaking there.

5 more dex... what's that get? a quatert of a millisecond faster healing at BEST? a quarter of a millisecond faster swing? Severely overpowered there o_O

5 more mana.... what's that get? nothing lol :coco:

5 more hp's? ok.. hp's are hp's .. fair enough, no way 5 little ole hp's are an overwhelming advantage though. If person y is redlined they will be {casting} healing or drinking a pot, if person x can't finish off those lil ole hp's before they complete either... then maybe PvP ain't the world for them. *shrugs*

Sir Ophid of Yew

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I attended on Chesapeake. I did damage, and healed folks, but I too didn't get a scroll.

So, I bought 2 of them for one hundred million a piece. My point is that there are ways to get them.

Why should I be out 200,000,000 gold pieces by the devs making it a gift to all, just because I manned up and bought two scrolls instead of complaining about it?

Ophid

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sir Ophid of Yew

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A limited number of +5 status scroll gives the difficult handicap of recovering to the new player of the future.
Unfairness will be brought about.
A new player should be at a disadvantage. They are new. These will be available for purchase from vets when they are ready.

People, myself included, have already spent hundreds of millions for them. Why should we be punished for not complaining?

Buy one if you want one so bad. I did.

Ophid

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not everyone has hundreds of millions of gold just laying around. So saying "just buy one" doesn't cut the mustard.

Sir Ophid of Yew

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not everyone has hundreds of millions of gold just laying around. So saying "just buy one" doesn't cut the mustard.
So, I should lose out on the money I spent for them, because others cannot afford them?

People like me would be hurt more by losing hundreds of millions of gold that we already spent for them, then others would be by not ever getting a free one.

So, it does cut the mustard.

Ophid

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just because you have more money than you know what to do with and chose to spend it in really stupid ways doesn't mean it is right.

Phangs_of_Phage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Then how is it that when I did PvP I was able to stand toe to toe with quite a few folks with a 10 stat point disadvantage, without using cheat progs? I fully understand the game, it's the "ohhh man this is gamebreaking" and "such a HUGE disadvantage" that I do not understand. Seriously, he has 5 more dex than I do whaaaaa... or .... he has 5 more mana than I do *bottom lip quivers*.... or even the whopping 5 more hp's... wow, utterly gamebreaking there.

5 more dex... what's that get? a quatert of a millisecond faster healing at BEST? a quarter of a millisecond faster swing? Severely overpowered there o_O

5 more hp's? ok.. hp's are hp's .. fair enough, no way 5 little ole hp's are an overwhelming advantage though. If person y is redlined they will be {casting} healing or drinking a pot, if person x can't finish off those lil ole hp's before they complete either... then maybe PvP ain't the world for them. *shrugs*
I've seen you pvp and you havent stood up to anyone.

Sir Ophid of Yew

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just because you have more money than you know what to do with and chose to spend it in really stupid ways doesn't mean it is right.
Just because you can't see that people like me would be harmed if they were now given away doesn't mean its right.

Please don't call me stupid for paying market value for something that is very sought after.

You only see a single point of view and that's your point of view, but there are others that would be seriously hurt if this was just all of a sudden made available to everyone.

Phangs_of_Phage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have money to buy one for each pvp and pvm char i want on several shards. However I'm not going to buy them because UO as a whole is going to cry cry and cry foul some more until we all get a chance to get them. Then I'll get them.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just because you can't see that people like me would be harmed if they were now given away doesn't mean its right.

Please don't call me stupid for paying market value for something that is very sought after.

You only see a single point of view and that's your point of view, but there are others that would be seriously hurt if this was just all of a sudden made available to everyone.

Are you one of the people that pays 2 or 3 times retail price for "the next big thing" on eBay instead of waiting like everybody else to buy it at the store? As soon as you buy your treasure on eBay should the retail stores immediately stop selling the item just so you won't feel like you over payed later? Don't you see how stupid your argument is?

W

Woodsman

So, I should lose out on the money I spent for them, because others cannot afford them?

People like me would be hurt more by losing hundreds of millions of gold that we already spent for them, then others would be by not ever getting a free one.
You are smart enough to accumulate hundreds of millions of gold.

Did you honestly think they would release something this big as a limited edition EM item?

They shouldn't be handed out, but they should be capable of being earned in some manner going forward. Something that can alter your character like this should not be confined to people who could play in a very narrow window of time or who had more money than they know what to do with.

I got the scroll on two shards, but didn't get it on my home shard (which is really funny because I did more damage on my home shard compared to the other two combined). I wish I could have gotten two on one shard, but didn't think to re-activate my second account and try it in time, because if I had gotten two on one shard, then I could sell one to somebody like you, and it would easily cover the cost of the transfer token to bring one back home and cover the cost of the gametime (or at least partially).

UO has a big enough problem with things being exclusive or people wanting things to be really limited. Richard Garriott wasn't kidding when he said Ultimate Collector would be popular among UO fans.

O'Brien

Thought Police
Stratics Veteran
Well it's irrelevant whether you or I think the 5 stat points is insignificant or not.

What more info do you need than the Devs introduced something new in the game, not everyone who pays for the game could get it, and now it's going for 100 mil.

If I had one, I'd be selling too. There's a lot more I'd like to spend gold on than 5 measly stat points. But the fact remains that the way the Devs chose to introduce this is the latest of a long list of fail.

W

Woodsman

This was posted by Mesanna today

First I would like to address the Exodus Event reward. The +5 stat scroll will be put in the game as a permanent drop. This is something that was discussed as a team from the very beginning, so if you did not get one at Exodus or were not able to be at the event, you will be able to get it later.