• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ok back to the other touchy Subject. IDOCs

atlanticScorpion

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When is house decay gonna start again? The housing market has all but dried up. IDOCs was a very active event on atlantic with 10- 20 people at each drop anytime day or night depending on size. Now that would be a easy event to run for the EMs. Just fill a 18x18 some where and announce when its gonna fall and you would have a ton of people there.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When Jeff was asked about it he said that there were some issues/Bugs that needed to be ironed out before decay was turned back on. From the way I heard it, it sounds like an issue with the Decay subroutine connecting with the account server so that checking of activity can be authorised. But eh that is just my guess.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THP, I'm sorry dude but I do-not believe that houses are decaying and falling... UNLESS somsone has set it to decay via placing a new house. If you can prove this then please do, otherwise I'm only seeing it as your trying to show off.

Sorry dude, but I've been looking on several shards and the only houses I've seen in decay have been becuase someones moving.

The Decay code is turned off, so NO house is decaying from anything other than condemmed.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I havent seen a idoc in awhile..
And i think there worried that if its turned back on this will happen..
Any house with no active sub even if its 1 week old ..the house will drop..
The house will not go into a decay mode but just drop soon as they turn it back on..

And it took ove 2 months for EA or Origin to find my account so i can update billing..
And to renew account...yet its still good to Jan 1 , i still play it, but wanted to get crap straight before do sate.

And how many people are over sea doing other work or cant get to a computer to update stuff that can take a few weeks...email and phone calls..

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As compassionate as I am to those whom are working away and all that. You cannot halt something just becuase of the possible playeras whom cannot get to a computer for 2 months.

Sounds harsh but if they knew they were going away for an extended time then they should have packed up thier house for safe keeping. I've done the same and not packed up the house and lost a keep with about 5 years worth of stuff in it.

From what I can make out, once the code is working then it'll be reactivated. But that is my instinct on it.

twoburntfouryou

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am starting to think they will never be turned back on again. It my be just me but I have noticed a decline in players since they have been turned off. IMO it was a much larger part of the game then most would admit.

Njjj

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are still billing issues going on. Until they get a handle on this, they should leave it off.

T

tiggertessa2007

FIX IT! FIX IT! FIX IT!........im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....bored. turn them back on and give me something to do! and before u people start in with theres other things to do I DONT WANT TO DO OTHER THINGS! i want to idoc, its a part of this game and im ready to house hunt!.....and even if some people do lose houses, guess what all they have to do when they come bacxk is IDOC they can find it all again in 2 or 3 days tops..... i left for 2 years, sold everything! not even an ethy left....come back and in one week of idocs, i was able to buy a castle and pretty much max its storage already.........so just FIX IT and turn em back on!

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As bad as it sounds, it gets to a point that you have to just turn it on and limit the damage.

I too have missing accounts, ones that I cant log in to and all that. TBH they are a lost hope now. I just want the migration issues to be done with and everything back to how it should be.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i still have one account i cant get into, it has gametime on it tho so im good until it runs out..

what if they turn it back on and someone like me has accounts they cant get into that dont have time left?

the ea support guys swear the bugs will be fixed by the time my game time runs out but who knows..

im happy they thought in advance on this one and stopped decay before it became a problem.

W

Woodsman

As bad as it sounds, it gets to a point that you have to just turn it on and limit the damage.

I too have missing accounts, ones that I cant log in to and all that. TBH they are a lost hope now. I just want the migration issues to be done with and everything back to how it should be.
I agree with you, but I also see the point that if they turn it back on and there are problems and people lose houses that shouldn't have lost them, they will lose customers, and those customers will not come back. You screw with people's houses, and they'll leave for good.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think we'll ever know how many accounts are missing from the migration misery. But that said, the majority are fine now and any lingering issues is down to either user error or like one of my accounts... competely missing (They even looked on the old system and it wasnt there either).

I would love to see the statistics for these issues. Is it down to the name of the account (Possibly the first letter), what email was used, what numbers etc etc. I'm starting to lean towards the view now that if it isnt fixed now, then its already lost for good.

S

Sevin0oo0

I agree with you, but I also see the point that if they turn it back on and there are problems and people lose houses that shouldn't have lost them, they will lose customers, and those customers will not come back. You screw with people's houses, and they'll leave for good.
/This. If buggy code is activated, for instance, what if it took 50-60% of housing down? Idoc'rs would be happy then! of course game would be over shortly after that due to no players. Would it be worth it idoc'rs?

D

Deisree888

If every house that was not paid for fell all the shards would be pretty empty.
Cause if every house was being paid for EA would be quite rich. There may be less people but the are way more houses out there now with toko islands and now tel mer and since the price has gone up from the $9.99 we used to pay to what it is now. I'd say the half if not more are not being paid for at all.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen a few houses idoc in the past few weeks (one was right next to one of my houses, and yes, it did full idoc process), didn't think to check then but I don't believe they said they were condemned. Not sure why these fall when it's supposidly still off.

A

anna anomalous

if you place a second house, the idoc process is still in effect. so the IDOCs you are finding are from this process. people usually waiting for them to fall to either, give people false hope or just taking a while to move their belongings to their new home.

house decay via non-active account is currently not on. as far as banned accounts, who knows.