• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Poisoning] Oil Cloth

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have just been informed that to train poisoning one needs to have a piece of oil cloth, that it is better to clean the blade you are posioning before re-applying the poison.
There is nothing in any of the guides we have to substantiate this - should there be?
Is this fact or myth?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never used oil cloth when training poisoning.

I made a bag with 50 daggers and poisond them all. When i got to the last one i went back to the first and started over. Worked fine to GM.

I even ones been told when you do it like me , that when you gain you should go back to the first dagger and start over. I tried that too but the gains where not better or faster then just going trough a lot of daggers to gain.

Some things are just Myths, like eating for better casting spells. :D

Last edited:

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do not have to use more than one target. They removed that anti-macro code a long, long time ago. Before that you could not get a gain by using a target you before had not gained on. Getting a gain on another item made the targets reset, and you could go back to the first one again. The reason it was good to start over on the first one was so you knew when you went through them all without gaining and needed to get new targets.

To recap; You only need one target, you do not need oil cloth.

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back in the days oil cloth were used to clean a blade from poison since it caused corrosion aka durability loss over time. Since Age of Shadows the corrosion-mechanic is gone, and oil cloth are left to be used to remove savage kin paint and as cheap part of tailoring training and therefore subject to be cut of for bandages

Last edited:

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ditto above posts. Also, I found it much easier than I had expected to train poison skill on SP.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Long time ago I use to push for oil cloths to be used to remove disguise kits that thieves apply. I use to love using them but since they last for one hour of gameplay, if I logged off with it still applied it would completely change my macros (as it treats it as a name-change and creates a new macro folder).