• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Odd things happening.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've lost two items in the past 20 mins. I did nothing more than pick them up and before I could move them, they just went POOF! One was a pair of old dbl blessed sandals that I tried moving in my backpack. The other was that large tree branch thing from the Wildfire event reward list. I picked it up in a box and it just went POOF as well. Now I'm scared to touch or move anything in game! I tried closing client and restarting, tried looking in enhanced client since I play cc. Nope, couldn't find either item.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Darkmoore was unravleing stuff with his small soulforge
and it poofed on him (a couple days ago)

Theno

Visitor
Did you also check the moving crate in your house or/and lower floor level chests? Also a filtered view in EC could help to locate the items?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Did you do a "detect hidden" on your house... sounds to me like maybe you had someone else there.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
did you by any chance recently customize that home?
And there was a "stuck" item in that box

I have had this issue and the items starting disappearing
and then all items in the box became "stuck"

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you also check the moving crate in your house or/and lower floor level chests? Also a filtered view in EC could help to locate the items?
Moving crate is empty, I was on the lowest house level already. I tried EC but didn't locate either item.

Last edited:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you do a "detect hidden" on your house... sounds to me like maybe you had someone else there.
Really? Someone is going to steal an ugly, useless tree branch over the two green ostard statues beside it in the box? My houses are locked and set to private so doubtful someone stole anything.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
did you by any chance recently customize that home?
And there was a "stuck" item in that box

I have had this issue and the items starting disappearing
and then all items in the box became "stuck"
Nope, this happened it two different castles that are not customized. The only common thing about the houses is that both are on ice island.

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sometimes i go to put down an item and for some reason it pops up to 3rd or 4th floor. one time i was on top of house and put item down and it went outside my house on ground. no idea why it happens. Also last week on 2 different characters i got a hidden item in my pack that cant be found. both happened at idocs and items are showing in pack when nothing is in it. probably none of this helps you but i would look on floors above and walk all around the house outside, then i would empty pack and see if something is still in it.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Really? Someone is going to steal an ugly, useless tree branch over the two green ostard statues beside it in the box? My houses are locked and set to private so doubtful someone stole anything.
This has never happened to me... but I have "seen" it happen to other people for less valuable stuff. Also, houses being set to private does not stop me from entering if I want in so I wouldn't rely on that. Like @MalagAste said, do a detect hidden when you go in because it is the only way to be sure you are alone.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This has never happened to me... but I have "seen" it happen to other people for less valuable stuff. Also, houses being set to private does not stop me from entering if I want in so I wouldn't rely on that. Like @MalagAste said, do a detect hidden when you go in because it is the only way to be sure you are alone.
Before I unlock or pick up or drop anything I always do a detect hidden... throw back I guess from years gone by. Kinda like always hiding my character when I log out.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Before I unlock or pick up or drop anything I always do a detect hidden... throw back I guess from years gone by. Kinda like always hiding my character when I log out.
Both are very smart things to do. Nothing better than stealing a loaded soulstone. If everyone was smart enough to do that, I wouldn't be able to tell you how it feels. It's even more fun when the GM shows up.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Trammel, locked house, poofed from my mouse curser when I picked it up in my backpack. No it wasn't a player thief.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I had my fully trained giant beetle run off - could not find it.

First two attempts to log and have it return to me on login didn't work.

Third attempt "worked", but when I mounted it, got the "two mount" bug (which I thought was fixed), so I dismounted, got the fake one to disappear, and remounted.

Yeah, odd stuff is going on,

Thargor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am sure you already done but did you try to pick up something again with same char? I get annoying bug sometimes, due to lag i think, when i try to pick up something, it becomes stuck in my hand, cant drop it, cant lift anything else. Only was to fix is by relogging the char, then this item is back to where it was prior

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am sure you already done but did you try to pick up something again with same char? I get annoying bug sometimes, due to lag i think, when i try to pick up something, it becomes stuck in my hand, cant drop it, cant lift anything else. Only was to fix is by relogging the char, then this item is back to where it was prior
I was really hoping this was the case, but at the time I had no lag and after several log out and back in attempts.. it just wasn't found. My husband and I both went through all the levels of both castles and around the outside of both trying to find the two items using ctrl+shift with no luck. I got irritated after it happened, logged out and haven't been back in since. I may try taking a bunch of items to test center and seeing if I can replicate the issue.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was really hoping this was the case, but at the time I had no lag and after several log out and back in attempts.. it just wasn't found. My husband and I both went through all the levels of both castles and around the outside of both trying to find the two items using ctrl+shift with no luck. I got irritated after it happened, logged out and haven't been back in since. I may try taking a bunch of items to test center and seeing if I can replicate the issue.
I was going to suggest that but since you can't copy your houses it might be tough

segmentman

Adventurer
I get items stuck, (you can't pick that up) while in back pack, or just plain vanish. I have to log out/log on to fix it.....stuff is always there.

samaelmcgovern

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I'm at the pc at work, no UO here so I can't check .. but happened to me once. I solved using a command that I believe it's in the Pinco UI, don't remember the name of the action but has something to do with dropping items stuck at cursor or dropping what you're currently holding.