• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Odd property in Moonglow.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks!

I was roaming around Moonglow (Tram) today and came across some buildings that I don't remember being there. Maybe I've just forgotten about them... but one was tagged with a lantern saying : "Property under consideration by Kaden Marsten"

What's the story on these buildings? Who is Kaden Marsten?

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That guys was like one of our first EMs.
He put those all over britannia near places he was considering role-plying that he lived.

hes long gone.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the info. I guess it's been so long since I've been at the N. tip of Moonglow, I forgot the buildings were even there!

I think it's time to toss the runebooks and ethy mount aside and undertake a foot-tour of Sosaria!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theres plenty of room for moderate size houses al over the world

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If that is the case... and it is some old EM that's long gone (I dont remember that name)... you may want to report it to Mesanna. As I'm sure staff has different house decay rules then the rest of us, they may never fall otherwise.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its actually a NPC farm... always and always will be there.
I don't use Futzbook... I didn’t see any pictures, so I went out looking around and didn't see anything.

Then I saw a lantern on the top of the steps of 1 NPC building above “The Lyceum” that has that text attached. Funny, I don’t remember that at all… and I don’t know how anyone, no matter who they are, would put that lantern on an NPC building unless it was connected to some kind of event… and they forgot about it, as they always seam to do for event items. That could be the issue here. Forgotten/ignored old event rubbish, not connected to an EM directly.

Dude… I mean no offence, but there is a big difference between player houses and NPC houses. Most player houses you will see are custom… however the old ones are just the same. They always have signs sticking out someplace in the front and have some kind of foundation. NPC houses IN TOWN will have signs, OUTSIDE of town… most will not. The one thing these houses have in common are that they have no foundation and are built on the ground.

There is only 1 exception… an extremely old house sits near Haven… a classic large marble house, once was a real player’s house but has long just been sitting unused. When I started, there were 2 big houses… a castle in the Trinny Swamp and a full tower in the swamp near Destard, both had a 2nd sign hanging under the original asking players not to bother reporting those houses. What the function was is beyond me, they are gone now. The staff of old did weird things with houses. hehe. You would be hard pressed to find any evidence of these days. Sometimes you find something odd in the water when sailing around. The most you will find as extras around houses are thanks to the new player town program and even then… nothing like a house.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't use Futzbook... I didn’t see any pictures...
The pictures are on Facebook, but it's a publicly viewable link... I've tested it a couple times and I see them.

What specific problem are you having when you click the link?

I use a link shortner, maybe an issue with that?

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The pictures are on Facebook, but it's a publicly viewable link... I've tested it a couple times and I see them.

What specific problem are you having when you click the link?

I use a link shortner, maybe an issue with that?

Consider it more like a boycot of trendy sites... but I don't like going off on any links. Host and post here, where we can see it. It's not a big deal. :eek:

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Consider it more like a boycot of trendy sites... but I don't like going off on any links. Host and post here, where we can see it. It's not a big deal. :eek:

Sorry, this place isn't where I host my images. I can load them to FB, my FB friends can see them, I can manage albums, add comments. You think Stratics offers that level of service?

Lots of folks here seem stuck in the 80's. That's fine but don't expect me to hang out there with ya.

K

Kiminality

It's not a big deal to just click the link he gave.
Instead, you had to make some big song and dance about how you won't click the link.