• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Odd Beetle Behavior

J

Jesara

I've read speculation that the next stranger might be at the Painted Caves... and a very odd thing just happened to me there.
I was mining near the Cave on Europa Trammel when suddenly someone appeared and said [Rawr!]...just like that with brackets. My fire beetle ran to attack him. I was able to mount and ride 6 screens to my house. When I dismounted there, the beetle took off and headed back to the stranger at the cave. He was damaged by the time I remounted. The name was in purple in my journal and was "Cthu'lhu". Anyone seen this before?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was just there and saw a blue named Cthu'lhu in the house nearest to the cave. Don´t think that´s a "Stranger"...:)

Edit: Oh, and he had a guild tag too.

X

XaeviusMenate

Name was in purple?

The last purple name I saw was our catskills Event Moderator.

Prior to this, it was a Senior Counselor.

Something going on, then?

Hmm, must investigate....

J

Jesara

I was just there and saw a blue named Cthu'lhu in the house nearest to the cave. Don´t think that´s a "Stranger"...:)

Edit: Oh, and he had a guild tag too.
Yes, it was near that house and I didn't see the color of the person, only the purple text in my journal. I've never seen my beetle attack anyone though, especially from many screens away.

X

XaeviusMenate

Very odd indeed.

If it's not an npc or GM of some sort causing this to happen, I'd page a GM if it occurs again.

Doesn't sound like that's intended to happen, especially in Trammel.

R

Revenant2

I was thinking to myself the other day that if GM/admin people assumed the role of monster/character-type things now and then, it had potential to be interesting and fun. It wouldn't have to be a regular thing obviously, who has the time for that anyway. The people would be able to kill the monster/character all the same, but it would be different and neat when it talked back and was clearly a thinking creature, not AI.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When beetel was attacked he auto defended, you just jumped on him but prob didnt give a stop command and when you got off again he went right back to fighting.

As for the purple part perhaps you were just a little color blind in all the exictment.

Not anything quirky just normal pet reactions

I know they fixed pets but every now and the my pets attack even thow i have commanded stop and follow?

E

Ericge99

No, the purple writing in his journal is the colour he has his text set at.
Nice try people. :grouphug:

J

Jesara

Cool.. thanks for the repsonses. :grouphug:
I'd just never seen my beetle attack before (or had a Tram player attack it) so was totally confused. I did forget the Stop command since I don't command pets. And all the stranger stuff had me wondering when this happened at Painted Caves.

Ah well.. now back to our regularly scheduled program. :popcorn: