• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ocrina Island Keep

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it should went IDOC back in late August. I kept one Master acct that has my oldest and best characters on it and all of the Accts were in EJ and 3 of the 8 characters Siege, Origin and Legends houses still standing when I logged in sometime back in Octoberish when I got a bit sick of FB messages and Emails pestering me about the keep and the house on the West side of it. Anyway when I logged in the houses started to decay and booted me out of the keep. So I decided to pay the subs on that master acct and just let the keep and the house stand on the off chance that I should ever return to playing UO again. In short the Keep and the house to the West of the Keep will NEVER go idoc now.

Second thing is I have heard that some of the folks I gave master accounts to are concerned that I would use CD Keys to take the accounts back. Yes I gave away freely 4 master accts with full accts on each and 2 or 3 master accts that only had a few accts under them. NO I WILL NOT USE CD KEYS to take any of the accts away from anyone and in fact destroyed the keys for the older accts that had CDs . Neither will I ask for any of those accounts back. That is not how I roll :) I gave them to 6 different people so that folks would enjoy them and benefit from them if they wanted to or strip them and close them. I kept exactly one of my Master accts. that has 8 accts under it, just i8n case I ever get a wild hair and return.

I ran around Siege a bit this afternoon just for kicks and Props to Planters for keeping much of my old Zento Hub network of houses up and open to the public via the brit hub! And love what was done with the old Zento Garden house, lol it looks a lot better than my raised bed plant factory and soul stone warehouse ever did!

Not sure what Silent did I didn't have a lot of time to explore :)

The other 4 folks I gave Masters to explicitly asked that I not reveal who they are as they intended to use name changes on all of the Tyraths on the Siege accts :)

ANyway hope everyone that got master accounts when I left has enjoyed and hope the community enjoys Planters keeping most if not all of my old hub public houses open and running.

And Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Nirot

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Merry Xmas.... and yeah some of your old houses are linked to the hub at britain... I love the connection... thanks to you and Planters!

Btw. if you want to link yer keep to the hub... remember on third floor you can link private houses too.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Merry Xmas.... and yeah some of your old houses are linked to the hub at britain... I love the connection... thanks to you and Planters!

Btw. if you want to link yer keep to the hub... remember on third floor you can link private houses too.
Was good to see the Vesper Ants, The Ant Hole and the Hag House still standing and even more impressive to see a couple of folks pop in get the Hag Quest and run off to the road! LOL can't believe I named a Character *Herbert*

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome back! Hehe
I'm glad to see that you spent some time in game running around!

On the CD keys topic isn't there a way for them or anyone that has received accounts to secure/lock them down? Most of the accounts that I have are from people that have passed away and family gave them to me. My fear is someone discovering the old cds at a thrift store or something and taking them over.

Merth

Journeyman
Welcome back! Hehe

On the CD keys topic isn't there a way for them or anyone that has received accounts to secure/lock them down? Most of the accounts that I have are from people that have passed away and family gave them to me. My fear is someone discovering the old cds at a thrift store or something and taking them over.
They would know absolutely no other information about the acct. its pretty rigorous to have an acct transferred back to you without quite a bit of information in my experience.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back! Hehe

CD Key plus other basic info makes it possible to retrieve old accounts. The key by itself is worthless unless you know which specific acct the key goes to. And the first billing addy, credit/debit #, name on card etc. The key with some basic info is the easiest way to recover an acct. The acct transfer service UO had back in the day was the secure way to transfer an account to someone else and some less than honest original owners not be able to reclaim the acct later. So in the case of deceased folks and family handing off accounts there is probably zero risk of a recovery :) Dead folks wouldn't bother and family you can beat on until they return it ;)

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would love to see the messages to you about the account keys, I imagine a certain J of J on Legends sent one... ;)

I trade the Siege wolf house to Planters so he could link it to the rest of them, he gave me a vet reward brazier in exchange. I changed the name on your Siege toon and put him in the Orcs to help with fort defense events, though that has slowed down. As I messaged you a long while back, after the nonsense with J on Legends I just left the shard altogether. After offering some of your stuff to the Phoenix Festival (plants, mind you, just plants) and subsequently being accused of hacking your account and trying to illegally sell all your stuff, I decided to quit UO. On a fluke, I happened to be on Lake Austin (I don't remember why, never had a toon there, maybe you had one I was checking?) And had already dropped some houses when I came across an IDOC. The houses on two different islands fell at the same time. I was the only person, and just got lucky sailing by when they went IDOC. So I started over on Lake Austin with an island house and a truly unbelievable amount of loot. That got me over my grumpiness and I split my time between Siege and LA now. I moved a bunch of your Legends toons over there.

However, my original offer still stands. If you ever do return, the account is yours. Just let me know and I'll turn it over.

Happy holidays!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to see the messages to you about the account keys, I imagine a certain J of J on Legends sent one... ;)

I trade the Siege wolf house to Planters so he could link it to the rest of them, he gave me a vet reward brazier in exchange. I changed the name on your Siege toon and put him in the Orcs to help with fort defense events, though that has slowed down. As I messaged you a long while back, after the nonsense with J on Legends I just left the shard altogether. After offering some of your stuff to the Phoenix Festival (plants, mind you, just plants) and subsequently being accused of hacking your account and trying to illegally sell all your stuff, I decided to quit UO. On a fluke, I happened to be on Lake Austin (I don't remember why, never had a toon there, maybe you had one I was checking?) And had already dropped some houses when I came across an IDOC. The houses on two different islands fell at the same time. I was the only person, and just got lucky sailing by when they went IDOC. So I started over on Lake Austin with an island house and a truly unbelievable amount of loot. That got me over my grumpiness and I split my time between Siege and LA now. I moved a bunch of your Legends toons over there.

However, my original offer still stands. If you ever do return, the account is yours. Just let me know and I'll turn it over.

Happy holidays!

8 Accts is more than enough and two really are all I will actively ever use again. Though some glitch when I paid one acct on my master charged and activated all 8....... Dee only brings it up and gives me the stank eye a couple times per day now for that one :) I splained until my head hurt that you and the others now owned that stuff in those houses on Legends and Origin........ LOL Even when I played actively I didn't know what characters I had on what shard on what acct. other than the 2-3 accts I played regularly. I do apologize for the crap you took, don't know what else I could have did other than what I did telling folks on FB that I GAVE YOU THAT STUFF and posting the Same thing on Stratics on the Legends forum. Me thinks some people just get off on stirring the pot even when there is nothing in the pot to stir :(

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Looks like you did boot me. No you didn't add me back. I sent a friend request--you can add me if you wish.

But I do miss you!