• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oceania shard gone!! Calling all UO technicians!!

• Thread starter imported_DarkVoid
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_DarkVoid

Okay, now this is just plain weird, it appears and disappears from the shard list for long periods of time. Randomly.

Whatever the cause, I hope they're going to get it going again!!

Cheers ...

DarkVoid

G

4 hours and still no reply, its either REALLY serious or the havnt noticed yet!

G

Donut Shops running a special. And all the tech are trying
, but can't get a handle on it

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its up for me atm, but will it still be there when I go to change chars... *sighs*

G

I think it dropped like 4 times and then did come back and we had this huge pocket of lag at luna bank, you could barely even enter the bank the lag was so bad......is there a reason or was Oceania just lucky?

G

If it hasn't been worthy of a status announcement, it sounds suspiciously like a network problem somewhere between you and the server.

Next time it happens, try going to Start->Run and run "command" to get a dos window. Then run "tracert oceania.owo.com" and see if it hangs anywhere, or run "ping oceania.owo.com" and see if the four pings come back with roughly the same times (+/- a couple of ms). If there's anything odd, it might help.

G

hubby actually pinged the server during the crash and got a return cant recall what it was though sorry *grins* he is the techie I am not.

But it was not just me kicked it was everyone as far as I know...and the lag at Luna was just at the bank even though there were not that many people standing there or pets....it was just this magic pocket of lag.

I did have a 15 year old kid icq me and tell me he was the all powerful one doing these things, but I believe that just like I believe in the easter bunny.

I would just like an official response from the devs as to what went on and if we can expect it to happen again any time soon.

G

hmm ... well, if by some chance the kid was telling the truth and doing something that was hammering the subserver with Luna on it then it becomes a whole different issue and we'll likely not hear much at all.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This wouldn't happen if Lord British were still here... Hey on the brightside, maybe it's crashing becaue Mythic is diverting new players to our realm and it's just too much for it to handle?...

*Logs back into Tabula Rasa*

G

What ammy is saying about this kid is what he is also telling me. Told me that he will do it in half an hour but if niether me or ammy wernt on he wasnt going to bother.
He has some problem with us being mothers & playing UO and carries on that we are neglecting our kid/s when i know for a fact that we both play when kids are asleep or at school. Not that we need to justify that anyway.

G

Well if the Lil darling wants to take the credit for this, LET him take the credit. I'd PM/Email Jeremy, and/or send a In game help with this lil punks ICQ# if the lag does start up (I'd send to Jeremy either way). Want to be a big man on campus Lil boy, here's the heat for it. Let him do some explaining to the higher ups if it Isn't him on what taking credit for something hindering the public gets you .

G

*chuckles*

He is a child who is only after attention....its quite sad, but I do not believe he is responsible for it. He even tried to tell me to pick a time for him to do it again but when I did I was told no cant do it then not enough time......then he said he would do it at 6pm, I said I would not be home till 10:40om then it was too late.....he is all hot air and just wants attention.

I believe he can no longer access the forums as he said something about an IP ban and I believe he may have been reprimanded for in game actions too so he is now all on his little own-some wanting someone to talk to even if its the very people he set out to aggravate and antagonize in the first place.

So I would like a response from the devs to know what happened and if its all sorted out now or if we can expect to be booted at 6pm and or reverted again.

And if the dev's do want his details or copies of the conversations just PM me I will be happy to help.