• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] obtaining the rare power scrolls

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hay this is a shout out to umfufu! hay have ya given up for now? i been pressing on towards finding some sort of sense to all of this. in past few days before latest patch i actually got 3 105 powerscolls with 6 tier quest since patch i have not gotten another.. but i have started to obtain new fish baits and my rewards are getting better. most of my baits are in the 500 uses's range now.has anyone else gotten a powerscoll since the patch or is everyone kinda stocking now till the devs take a look at this?im in the 400-500 quest range now..

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hay this is a shout out to umfufu! hay have ya given up for now? i been pressing on towards finding some sort of sense to all of this. in past few days before latest patch i actually got 3 105 powerscolls with 6 tier quest since patch i have not gotten another.. but i have started to obtain new fish baits and my rewards are getting better. most of my baits are in the 500 uses's range now.has anyone else gotten a powerscoll since the patch or is everyone kinda stocking now till the devs take a look at this?im in the 400-500 quest range now..
Well I haven't given up ... I am kinda stocking and sitting it out till I hear some news from the devs on this.
I think I stopped at Quest nr 417.

BUT ...

I am having signs of cold turkey and was just thinking to do a couple of Quests today ...

Sad huh ... ?

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol not really :) im still fishing as strong as ever i'l stock up to 200 of all fishes and then go do quest till i get crabs and then stop a day .. then go crabbing lol ive been trying to catch all the rare fish i can at 105.. just to have em.. other then that hopefully awaiting a quick respons from them dev's to whats going on with the powerscrolls

Fermi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once they said they were reviewing I decided to only stock. Then I was like well i may as well do all these little quests I have. So I made it so all 8 my quests had 5/6 line quests. Then I was like well I may as well do those level fives...I cant seem to stop. If im goin to do the 5s i may as well do them all. I did get a 105 since the patch. My baits are over 500 except the more rare ones.

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi all I post in the im starting to feel thread and noone has replyed so I will try here please tell me what you think.

I dont get any quest for 5 of one type of fish. I used to but I noticed something wrong and started doing quest one at a time.

My post is 2nd to last on that thread, I explain better there and dont want to repost the whole thing.

Does anyone think that maybe this is what is wrong? I know it was said if we wanted to know our rep level to see how many big orders are in our hold. Well my orders are not big, some are. Right now I have an order for 20 lobsters and 10 crag. has anyone else done just one at a time?

O

Old Man of UO

Well I haven't given up ... I am kinda stocking and sitting it out till I hear some news from the devs on this.
I think I stopped at Quest nr 417.

BUT ...

I am having signs of cold turkey and was just thinking to do a couple of Quests today ...

Sad huh ... ?
I hear there is a 12 step program to cure the fishing bug, something to do with drinking beer and watching NASCAR. I can't stand the car racing, so am stuck with fishing while drinking beer... I may never be cured.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just got first 105 on a crab -15 shallow water (15) deep water (15) order

although i have everything set right i have not gained in fishing yet. stuck at 100.0 and yes i have room and skill turned up.

Lorddog

R

rajadeah

I have done the quest 93 times now and still no 105 its really starting to PMO!!! I have 11 lava poles 4 lava traps and have never cancled a quest. I guess its just my bumb luck. also my last 4 big orders have asked for king crabs a total of 65 king crab its freaking nut :(

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well wife and combined our 105's for me to get a 110 im gratefull to have her by my side in all things! i may have answer to all of this since i have now gotten 2 105's in a row stay tuned for next post

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
selling a house im onto something now.. if what im thinking holds true ill post all the answers in a post in a hour or so

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well i think it has been over an hour. I think maybe the bug is with getting orders for the 5 of one type when you havent quit a quest. It makes you go down one rep level for every fish in that order. If that is the case then everyone doing multi quest keep going down to the lowest level almost. Is this what you think?

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry for the delay on posting.ok heres the deal i have found. if you use all the mongers, each one has its own set of fishes and quest..and of each monger you need to get all of each particular fish/crab to advance to that next lvl hence one time 10 haddock next time 15 haddock 3rd time 20 haddock, but it works with all of them so to calculate this with all mongers id have to be a mathematician which im not so wont even try to attempt the calc... so what i did last week was pick 3 mongers to go to, kinda like a real fisherman and his port so to speak. i only take quest from those 3 mongers and have done this for a week now before i got my 110 powerscroll i was getting mostly all 20 orders from 1 tier to 6 now that i ate the scroll its like reset them im thinking due to added dungeon fish.Umfufu can add a lot to this since hes been there longer then me.now im getting orders back to 5 on some things and 10 on others but no 15 or 20..
So im thinking stick to the port of call idea.. pick your favourite spot and only take quest from him or they, your call.. your rep with him or they will max out in no time and hence your getting the all 20's 4 to 6 tier quest.. now the crappy part. turning the quest it is still on RNG so it still roll of the dice except this way it more stacked on your favor with your mongers you go to all the time rather then using them all. ill make another post as i chat with Umfufu on his ideas and tracking record to see if we may be onto something here.. so far for me its working nicely..:thumbup1:

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i think it has been over an hour. I think maybe the bug is with getting orders for the 5 of one type when you havent quit a quest. It makes you go down one rep level for every fish in that order. If that is the case then everyone doing multi quest keep going down to the lowest level almost. Is this what you think?
I think it is almost this.
Here is my guess.

if you have a 1st quest of
fish A 15
fish b 15
fish c 20

then you go get another quest at the same time
fish E 15
fish A 10
fish F 20

then you go get another quest at the same time
fish A 5
fish b 10
fish G 15

in this case if you turned in the 3rd quest last you might get your repuation for that fish just moved to (fish A 10) since you lastly turned in a (fish A 5)

even if that is not so the turning in of quest 3 would be a waste of time as it would not advance your rep?

unless their code actually says that when you turn in a fish of no matter what level you get a gain of +5 to whatever your level is. in this last case it would actually benefit you as you used less fish to gain a level in a higher level (ie went from 15 to 20).

Lorddog

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i kinda agree but think of it this way, there are a total of 45 fishes/crabs /lobsters that you can fish up from 100 to 105.. you have to calc them all to get them to raise to 20. so unless you have some type of major board diplay or a great spread sheet to add each quest from just one monger each time it wil prove/ disprove my theory.But like i said i am just using the 3 mongers now instead of going around the world and having a hold filled with quest crates i have only 3.
so my thinking is you gonna get one outta 45 each time to have to get it to raise one lvl. at 106 you now add 12 more dungeon fish to the equation to a total of 57 things you have to raise or get over to get it to raise in a series of 1 - 6 tier quest all dependant on the RNG on what youll get and when ya turn em in its all on RNG in what you recieve..anyhoo kinda my sick thinking..:wall::wall::wall:so unless you had a spread sheet that held all 57 and charted each quest and from who we will never know im hoping the devs finally figure out how they did it and post something to the effect

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok I still never get an order for 5 of one type. I tried last night with only getting quest from one FM, til I got a +5ps. It did work where one quest calls for 10 snow crab next one for sc was 15 and so on with every fish/crab. After getting the ps it didnt reset to lowest level, my quest calls for 15 and 20 of each.

I have kept track the last few weeks of every quest, where I got it, where it goes, what I got, where I go from there. Im at 110 fishing.

So, your right orders do go up by 5 til you get to 20. When you get a +5ps it doesnt reset back to 10 of everything.

Again, I never get an order for 5 of one type of fish, I really think this is the problem, wish I knew if you went down in rep level if you get an order for 5 of one type, I liked having many quest in my hold it was much faster to complete them. Im going to keep with just one FM til I get a 110 or higher ps.

Ok just did my 2nd quest of today. It is 6 lines, some went up & some went down?

D

Deb

@Pacific, what fishing skill were you when you got the 110 scroll?

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok ... back to some Monger Quests ...

I am taking it slowly and have made an excel sheet to track my quests from now on.
I am doing one quest at a time, picking up a new one at the destination port, meaning I am basicly doing all Mongers as they come along.
Correct me if I am wrong thinking they all have thier own reputation counts/points/buildup whatever to call this.

Thinking I am most likely wasting fish in regards to getting a 115/120 PS, which I still doubt they are in the system at this very moment, I figured due to my cold turkey and curiosity to pick up questing anyways, the benefit I hope to have is to meanwhile work up my reputation and collect more data.
(I do hope with the devs reviewing the system, they don't change these basics)

Hopefully my sheet will give me more insight into how I progress (or not).

I have to figure out how to share this sheet for those interested for data to analyze.

:heart: Umfufu

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just doing them one at a time as well these days.

I havn't gotten any 105 scrolls yet but I think I'm still a tad under 100 quests.

I'm just taking my time, keeping my stock full and piling up the SOS's, scales and pearls.

All the sos's that I've fished up doing these quests have I think, trumped my tamer where it comes down to racking in the loot. :)

So there is some good to go with the bad.

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good to hear everyone still fishing!! what i was saying in my earlier post to make it clear to what im doing , im only going to skara and jhelom using just those 2 as my port as they give me quest and i turn em in i return to just those 2.... as in regards to the reset of quantities it occured after my skill hit 106...and now 30 quest into doing dungeon fish, some of them have hit the 20 mark ei..Dungone chub..i have also noticed after the 106 mark im at 107. something now i get...:gee: a ton of crab/lobster plus deepwater and or shallow water and dungeon quest such as,
15 king crab
15 rock lobster
10 spiney lobster
20 capt snook
10 tormented pike
10 cuthroat
the amout of crab/ lobsters is to me staggering..so using 2 mongers as my port i fill the fast one up till i get hit with 2 of massive crab/lobster then its off to crab till all are filled. the rewards RNG has not been in my favor last 2 days as of yet still.. getting lava stuff Ie..poles and lobster traps to which i now have good quantities of..but as we all know and love still gotta fish!!!:party:
will post again as things change..
Deb i was able to obtain my 110 by wife and i combining our 105's in a scroll binder to make a 110. our thinking backed my Umfufu's post of getting a 110 after getting his 1st one by combining 8 105's, then getting a 110 at 110 skill made sense to us.. and if i get a 110 ill pass it to wife and well both be working on same lvl again on our way to the elusive 115 and 120 powerscrolls

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pacific Cruiser and Umfufu, I think I got part of the fishing quest things figured out. For more details I started a new thread called "fish Monger reputation.

The jest of the whole thing is, I picked up an order for 20 King, delivered a diff one instead, because I did not have all 20 kings yet. When I picked up new order afer delivering just fish order, the new quest now asks for 10 king. Again, I delivered just a fish order, as I did not have the 20 king, nor the 10 king, picked up yet another order and it now askes me for 5 king. So my reputation has dropped simply by not delivering the order for 20 king, before snagging another order for king. So it sounds like the orders need to be delivered in the order they were picked up or you will lose your reputation that way.

So I currently have in my boat
Order 1, 20 king
Order 2, 10 King
Order 3, 5 King

The requests came in that order, with various fish ones inbetween, but because I dropped off fish orders before dropping off the kings, the next order for king was reduced.

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pacific Cruiser and Umfufu, I think I got part of the fishing quest things figured out. For more details I started a new thread called "fish Monger reputation.

The jest of the whole thing is, I picked up an order for 20 King, delivered a diff one instead, because I did not have all 20 kings yet. When I picked up new order afer delivering just fish order, the new quest now asks for 10 king. Again, I delivered just a fish order, as I did not have the 20 king, nor the 10 king, picked up yet another order and it now askes me for 5 king. So my reputation has dropped simply by not delivering the order for 20 king, before snagging another order for king. So it sounds like the orders need to be delivered in the order they were picked up or you will lose your reputation that way.

So I currently have in my boat
Order 1, 20 king
Order 2, 10 King
Order 3, 5 King

The requests came in that order, with various fish ones inbetween, but because I dropped off fish orders before dropping off the kings, the next order for king was reduced.
SashaSeeks, I posted my own final conclusion in your Monger Reputaion thread ...

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Saw the post Umfufu, and I think you are right, we are doomed to the RNG, and making sure we don't accidently click on a monger before quest is complete or refuse to take an order even when it pops up automatically while turning something in. So the only sensible approach would be to either quit now, or do only one order at a time and hope it is your day with the RNG. Also if the reputation means nothing, then it would certainly be easier to refuse or cancel mega quests and turn in orders for 5 instead of 20. I've gotten 105's off of two liners just as easy as I have off from 6 liners with a whole lot less wasted time.

Umfufu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Saw the post Umfufu, and I think you are right, we are doomed to the RNG, and making sure we don't accidently click on a monger before quest is complete or refuse to take an order even when it pops up automatically while turning something in. So the only sensible approach would be to either quit now, or do only one order at a time and hope it is your day with the RNG. Also if the reputation means nothing, then it would certainly be easier to refuse or cancel mega quests and turn in orders for 5 instead of 20. I've gotten 105's off of two liners just as easy as I have off from 6 liners with a whole lot less wasted time.
Yeap, that's almost as I see it now ...

On the other hand we still have a small hope the adjust this a bit in the future ... I keep my fingers crossed.

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
alas i am agreeing with sasha on this one also and it also seems the way your going Umfufu is the way it has to be done now. I am on the one quest ata time thing and following the quest as they take me around the world.. still have not gotten a powerscroll in 5 days now since the 3 in a row last week..

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
alas i am agreeing with sasha on this one also and it also seems the way your going Umfufu is the way it has to be done now. I am on the one quest ata time thing and following the quest as they take me around the world.. still have not gotten a powerscroll in 5 days now since the 3 in a row last week..
Same thing for me, no scrolls for days now, and also doing single quest at a time.

About ready to go back to pure sports fishing and give up on the quests entirely. Or I could do like some others and become a commercial fisherman, sell all my crabs and lobsters, then buy a scroll if it ever appears, in the mean time I would at least get some kind of compensation for the damn crabs and lobsters.