• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Objects blocking house placements

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few days ago a large house (18x18?) fell on ATL, Arctic Island, Felucca. I managed to place a smaller house. Yesterday I tried to expand it - but failed, even if the territory was fully covered by the fallen house.
Inspecting the area I found a small round point - labeled with "Stew". I never heard about stew, but remember on past incidents with bugged leather and similar blocking stuff. Was never a problem to call a GM and get this thing removed.
So I tried the same now. All what I got was a message
"Greetings, thank you for your page. We will review this issue and take action if warranted. This will take some time, so please be patient. Due to our privacy policy, you will not be informed of the results of our investigation. Thank you for your report."
Canned message, which you usually get, if you point to a scripter. Privacy? Huh? All I wanted was to get that stew away.
*Salute*
Olahorand

M

MysticSim

LOL I'm betting your GM thought that STEW was a player . Try rewording your page and page again. LOL GM's skimming the reports from a player instead of reading it... lol... noobs!

G

GMs will delete stew for you, but your page has to be worded very specifically or you get the canned blah blah can't help blah blah. This has been discussed a number of times on the Homes & Castles forum. You need to say something like "Need assistance removing bugged portion of house add-on remaining after house collapsed"

-Skylark

P.S. the stew is from the Heritage Collection cauldron & stew add-on. The stew comes apart and stays forever when a house is collapsed with one inside, and this bug is well known.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skylark, you are right, your sample text made it very easy to get an GM to action. Thanks :)

G

Hooray! Another victory over evil leftover stew!

-Skylark

G

It's sad that you need to very carefully word your pages to get ANY response other than a canned message out of the GMs these days. I hear that they used to actually come talk to you all the time...
But I guess that would imply that they really cared, and I don't think many of them are as involved in the game as we would all like.