• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NVIDIA offering TSW Beta Keys!!!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Please Note the dates have changed. Read my post below

The link says these keys are for June 1-3. I will be very excited if this is the case as all official word is telling us the next Open beta is June 15-17.
I suggest everyone interested grab one as they probably will go very fast.
Get your beta key here.

Keep in mind the system requirements for this game:

REQUIRED 512 KBPS or faster Internet Connection
DVD-ROM 8X or faster DVD drive**
OS Windows XP (SP 1)/Vista (SP 1)/Windows 7 (SP 1)
VIDEO CARD nVidia 8800 series 512 VRAM or better/Radeon HD3850 512MB or better
PROCESSOR 2.6 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU
DIRECTX DirectX 9.0c Compatible
MEMORY At least 2GB RAM for Windows XP / 3GB RAM for Windows Vista and Windows 7 *
INPUT Keyboard & Mouse
HARD DRIVE At least 30GB of free space

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Note this requires even existing players to get a key so it might actually be for June 1-3.
I had to add it to my pre-existing TSW account.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got one!

I'm glad too. I've had my eye on this game so I can't wait to give it a whirl. Thanks again Flutter.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Anyone needing a little guidance trying this game out please give me a shout next weekend. (I really hope they had the right date there)
I am out of town on the 1st unfortunately but I will be back for the rest of the weekend.
If you log on and try please keep in mind you might be standing on the X which is the destination for your quest in the map but be on the wrong level... ie: you're underground and your target is up on the road or vice versa. I swear I spent half an hour looking for something when all I had to do was go upstairs.... LOL

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Got one, too. Installing now.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I am considering opening my ventrilo up for beta weekends.
Would anyone actually be interested in using vent?
I understand if not. I do love to do a lot of by-myself exploration in new games. Sometimes just so I don't look silly to anyone else while I am learning something new ;)
Either way if there's enough interest I will definitely put a The Secret World Beta channel in my vent for folks to use.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Out of bed to post another quick note.
If you get a message when trying to run The Secret World that your drivers are out of date, and you know for a fact they aren't, just click no to the box offering to take you to a web page to update your drivers. It will go away and load the game fine.
I have ATI video card with up to date drivers and I get the message every time. I click no and the game runs flawlessly.
It may or may not happen, they may or may not have fixed it. Just sayin'.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Fortunately for you guys, and unfortunately for me. I have had a severe case of insomnia since January 18th of this year.
I got up out of bed because it was eating at me. I was going to email my good friend Customer Service. (I still say they've got the best customer service of any game I've ever played ever...) to find out when these NVIDIA keys are good for. SO many dates are rolling around.
I got the OFFICIAL word for you guys:

Tarib Senior Community Manager at FunCom said:
Beta keys received through the Nvidia Beta-Key-Give-Away will be valid for the Beta Weekend of the 15th of June. There is no special weekend on the 1st of June.
Sorry guys. Looks like we've got to wait a bit to play.
Direct Link to the post can be seen here.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
It's OK. Thanks for all of your efforts. I will look forward to the 7/15 beta period... I may out right buy in buy then though.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go to 'edit', highlight the white text then click on the eraser top left of the edit box toolbar (above the B for bold) It removes formatting. :)

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nvidia sent out an email today confirming what Flutter already told us. The beta has been moved to June 15th. I can't wait to try it! Here's a cool article from a Kotaku journalist about his early experiences in the game, it's pretty neat.