• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nutty River

• Thread starter Wascally Wabbit
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
W

Wascally Wabbit

This is all about that Lil' Popular district that we spend hours trying to get into if no friends are already in it. First off it's the great thing ever invented in Toontown. However what i find pointless about it is the fact that a huge part of the population just sit in the middle of Donald's Dreamland and jump. Why take space on a server that others need just by jumping? Go to another district and jump. I'm still trying to figure out why you can teleport to a friend in River but you can't physically teleport to it using the District page.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason for jumping in DDL: eternal beanfest. They're hoping to fill their bank.

You can't tele to a full district straight up, but you can follow a friend there. That's the reason.

F

Flippers

alas the reason toesies takes 2 months to get her 3400. Its a little discouraging to do half facs without invasions.

S

soupandquackers

I sat there for about 30min. before and no beans were thrown at all. Its annoying when your working cash because you have to get to the gag shop and the lag is crazy.

L

Little Sadie

I go to the beanfest when I need beans. I am always in river anyway doing either tasks or battles so it is easy to swing by and grab some beans. If I ever get any beans I return the favor by going there and throwing some. Lately, since school started back in session there seems to be a lot less bean throwing.

S

SSniffleslam

Its annoying when your working cash because you have to get to the gag shop and the lag is crazy.
When I'm in River, I never go to the gag shop in dreamland...I always go to minnie's melodyland - it always seems to be empty and best of all - NO LAG!!!

F

Flippers

The lure is bad in DDL . If you've got TP access, all PGs are a click away. Go to MML, which is the least crowded gag shop and rarely has a line (since it isn't associated with trials or HQs).

W

Wascally Wabbit

If you want beans go to a beanfest. Don't take up space in a district that clearly has way too many people. Trish what i meant to say was that if you can't teleport via Schticker, you shouldn't be able to teleport through friends. You have to go one way. Whether it be teleport to River whenever you please, or not being able to get in through friends. It just doesn't make sense to me.

S

soupandquackers

If the district was only teleport to by book, then it wouldnt be as popular.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, you only know about scheduled beanfests if you know to look at a site such as this one. The people who don't visit news/fansites see beans being thrown in DDL and that's how they know there's a continuous beanfest there. This has been going on since 2 Christmases ago.

W

Wascally Wabbit

If the district was only teleport to by book, then it wouldnt be as popular.
I suppose so. It will always remain as something a little odd in the back of my mind though.

@Trish: I really don't see that many beans thrown anyway. I see a lot of people begging for beans but not that many are thrown. Even Soup said he was there for 30 mins and not one Unite Phrase. Oh well, just a shame they got to take up space for people who need it for Tasks when they're too lazy to get their own beans.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't need River for tasks. River was intended to be a place where everyone could share invasions for merits/bux/notes and now stock. That was the whole intention of creating a district like River.

W

Wascally Wabbit

You don't need River for tasks. River was intended to be a place where everyone could share invasions for merits/bux/notes and now stock. That was the whole intention of creating a district like River.

Trish, we are going to keep going at this all night until one of us gets the last laff. By saying tasks i meant in River you have tons of toons that can help you on Toontasks. We all know the horrible memory of being a low level toon hoping a nice 100 would stop by the building offering help. I know Summit and sometimes Nuttyboro offer a lot of toons as well. Besides a person's idea of a task could be getting enough merits/bucks/notices/options for a promotion. They may need a team to help them through a factory or mint. Plus with all the toons in River theres practically an invasion every second. Since I'm getting bored of constant back and forth "Well not necessarily...", I'll end this.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Regardless, you say River shouldn't have jumpers in it, because you need it for tasks. I remember when the idea of an invasion district was created, and it was for what I said, sharing invasions. So while the beanfest jumpers use the district for something unintended, so do you. THAT is my point. Argue all you want.

W

Wascally Wabbit

I already said I'm done arguing... I don't know why you have to keep restarting the argument. I don't want to irritate anybody on this site so lets both do what we shoulda done earlier and end this. Your right, Im wrong, It's over.

F

Flippers

Now kids - behave.

You may not notice - but many of us have - that each time a fix was implemented which eliminated the place holders in NR and bean jumpers, NR was accessible TO ALL. Even if it went red, it was from active toons and you could get in within minutes. Whenever the placeholders found a loophole, the party was over for everyone.

Now, if toons weren't idling there, and jumpers went to kookytown or something, yes it would solve EVERYONE'S problems, and we'd all be able to take advantage of invasions and not crash people in DDL PG.

You get rid of all the placeholders and suddenly no one will need them. Trust me on that.

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I'm in River, I never go to the gag shop in dreamland...I always go to minnie's melodyland - it always seems to be empty and best of all - NO LAG!!!
I go to TTC. Hardly anyone is in the gag shop. Maybe 2 toons at most. I figure most of the baby toons are in the blue and green district -- or jumping in DDL. :lick:

G

Granjell

There is usually absolutely no one in the Welcome Valley district of Nutty River.

L

liod23

i was ONCE at NUTTY RIVER by TELEPORTING to there BY THE BOOK

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those were the good ole days. Sometimes it would take 20 minutes, but you'd get in. Now if you don't have any friends there..it's...:sad4: for you!

S

soupandquackers

Those were the good ole days. Sometimes it would take 20 minutes, but you'd get in. Now if you don't have any friends there..it's...:sad4: for you!
During the summers river opens up late, but i mean late at night. But that was long ago, when i made my bear i figured it would be the same but i only have a couple of friends that come on and its never open anymore. But hey, summit has an invasion like every hour:sleep2:

L

Little Sadie

River is green around 8:30 am on weekdays during school. By 8:45 it is red.

S

Sir Bumblenoodle

I go to TTC. Hardly anyone is in the gag shop. Maybe 2 toons at most. I figure most of the baby toons are in the blue and green district -- or jumping in DDL. :lick:
I always buy my gags from Clerk Clara. I dont trust any other shopkeeper.

River is usually green about 9pm Pacific time and USUALLY still green at 8AM. The main thing Ive been using river lately for is the invasions for increased gag experience. It seems that the others that are in River working buildings are experienced also and understand when you say wait a minute on the 3rd floor of a 5 story building that you want to wait for the next invasion. There are PROs and CONs to River just like there is with any other district.

As for beanfest in Dreamland.... Ive attended a few, yes I know when the beanfest are for most groups as I visit other fansites more often than I visit this one, HOWEVER, When my baby toon needs beans, he needs them then. Either that or Im working on something else on another toon, and he can park himself in the playground waiting. Do people throw beans all the time? No. But when they do, sometimes you can fill up a 10k jar pretty quickly.