• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Poisoning] Nox Ninja Mage Build

T_Jones

Journeyman
Nox_Ninja 2022-09-06 104241.jpg

Death Strike --> Infectious Strike --> cast poison...etc.

Do I need poisoning to be 100 in order to cast lethal poison?

Is there a better build out there for this kind?

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The trouble with poisoning and magery is that you need to be close to get the bump to lethal. If you're going to be close anyway, you could just use infectious strike. On this build, I'd drop magery, take stealth to 120 for max damage death strikes. Then bump tactics to 120 for the extra melee damage. May as well take poisoning to 100. Put the remaining 60 points into necro. Use evil omen and shurikens for applying lethal poison at a distance. You can also use wraith form for the free recalls and whatever other necro utility spells you want.

Poisoning is fun, but McDougle is right, this will never be an uber build. Just a fun one.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The other thing working against poisoning these days is the fact that it's easier to have 50% EP on suits and greater cures are plentiful (I carry 20-30 when traveling in Fel) so that lethal poison is usually cured before it really does any damage (especially if someone has a cure script running). The only real hope here is that someone will see the lethal and panic and try to run away while you are spamming death strike. This doesn't really seem to work on people who frequent Fel though.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The other thing working against poisoning these days is the fact that it's easier to have 50% EP on suits and greater cures are plentiful (I carry 20-30 when traveling in Fel) so that lethal poison is usually cured before it really does any damage (especially if someone has a cure script running). The only real hope here is that someone will see the lethal and panic and try to run away while you are spamming death strike. This doesn't really seem to work on people who frequent Fel though.
I think the key word is running scripts and especially when it comes to the fabled new player or inexperienced trammie (who oddly enough stands calm in the middle of 3 paragons yet trembles when a single red shows)

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I wonder if this was meant to be a PvP build. I didn't think so. Seems more like a PvM build to me. It is basically my Siege thief build if you switched tactics for snooping and magery for stealing. I do 110 ninjitsu and 120 stealing though.