• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nox/Necro/Mage Build questions

giperborey

Visitor
New player here. Could you please help me with my build?

My current build:
Code:
110 Magery
115 Eval
110 Necro
100 SS
100 Resist
100 Medit
90 Poison (will drop it to 80 once I get 120 Magery)
Mods:
Code:
FC: 2 / FCR: 6 / LRC: 100 / LMC: 40 / MR: 30 / SDI: 107 / RES: Max
Looks like I suck at any aspect of PvM with stronger foe. No chance for solo playing at all..

What I usually do for fighting:
  • Slayer Books
  • Corpse Skin + Evil Omen + Poison Filed -> Lethal Poison (seems not helpful at all)
  • Corpse Skin + Evil Omen + Flamestrike / Chain Lighting (sometimes deals good damage, but slow)
  • Energy Vortex / Summon Daemon / Animate Dead -> For tanking (they don't lasts long enough)
  • Invisible
What I usually do for self-buff:
  • Bless + Protection + Reactive Armor -> Always
  • Magic Reflection -> When fighting mage monsters
Toughest monsters I can kill:
  • Miasma -> Vortex + Corpse Skin + Evil Omen + Flamestrike
  • Grobu -> Vortex + Corpse Skin + Evil Omen + Poison Field + Flamestrike
  • Named Monsters in Bedlam (if I'm lucky to hunt them 1 by 1) with exception of Red Death and Grizzle -> Vortex + Corpse Skin + Evil Omen + Flamestrike
1) What do I do wrong?
2) What else spells should I use?
3) What monsters should I try to fight solo and how?
4) Are there any not very hard dungeons for solo exploration?
5) Is it possible to kill champs/bosses solo with this template? Which ones and how?

I've tried to do quest for obtaining mastery but was killed by Grizzle pretty quick.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
New player here. Could you please help me with my build?

My current build:
Code:
110 Magery
115 Eval
110 Necro
100 SS
100 Resist
100 Medit
90 Poison (will drop it to 80 once I get 120 Magery)
Mods:
Code:
FC: 2 / FCR: 6 / LRC: 100 / LMC: 40 / MR: 30 / SDI: 107 / RES: Max
Looks like I suck at any aspect of PvM with stronger foe. No chance for solo playing at all..

What I usually do for fighting:
  • Slayer Books
  • Corpse Skin + Evil Omen + Poison Filed -> Lethal Poison (seems not helpful at all)
  • Corpse Skin + Evil Omen + Flamestrike / Chain Lighting (sometimes deals good damage, but slow)
  • Energy Vortex / Summon Daemon / Animate Dead -> For tanking (they don't lasts long enough)
  • Invisible
What I usually do for self-buff:
  • Bless + Protection + Reactive Armor -> Always
  • Magic Reflection -> When fighting mage monsters
Toughest monsters I can kill:
  • Miasma -> Vortex + Corpse Skin + Evil Omen + Flamestrike
  • Grobu -> Vortex + Corpse Skin + Evil Omen + Poison Field + Flamestrike
  • Named Monsters in Bedlam (if I'm lucky to hunt them 1 by 1) with exception of Red Death and Grizzle -> Vortex + Corpse Skin + Evil Omen + Flamestrike
1) What do I do wrong?
2) What else spells should I use?
3) What monsters should I try to fight solo and how?
4) Are there any not very hard dungeons for solo exploration?
5) Is it possible to kill champs/bosses solo with this template? Which ones and how?

I've tried to do quest for obtaining mastery but was killed by Grizzle pretty quick.
Necro mage is great for spawns. Go in wraith form and blast wither. How much SDI u got? High SDI is key for mage builds. I love my necromage tamer for spawns. Make sure your lrc, lmc, and MR are high as well.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

giperborey

Visitor
Necro mage is great for spawns. Go in wraith form and blast wither. How much SDI u got? High SDI is key for mage builds. I love my necromage tamer for spawns. Make sure your lrc, lmc, and MR are high as well.
Thanks for the answering Xris. I've post my stats above: FC: 2 / FCR: 6 / LRC: 100 / LMC: 40 / MR: 30 / SDI: 107 / RES: Max
I'm kinda newbie. What is spawns and where are appropriate spawns located?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the answering Xris. I've post my stats above: FC: 2 / FCR: 6 / LRC: 100 / LMC: 40 / MR: 30 / SDI: 107 / RES: Max
I'm kinda newbie. What is spawns and where are appropriate spawns located?
Champion spawn. If your on Atlantic you'll probably need a guild, pks sit and wait. Google UO champ spawns.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Champion spawn. If your on Atlantic you'll probably need a guild, pks sit and wait. Google UO champ spawns.

And just fyi I find nox necromage a great support character, but it really lacks the dps to kill effectively. Poison in general is very underwhelming in pvm. I'd go SW, or rework taming/lore in there so a pet can dps with you. Lots of us hope they will revamp poisoning, it's one of my favorite templates.

giperborey

Visitor
Thanks for the great information, Xris.

Could you please to talk a little bit about How to play this template?

The huge problem is there is a little to no guides on Mages templates. There are tons of detailed explanations on how to play Sampires or Tamers and kill champ/bosses solo but nothing about Mages/NecroMages.

Any output would be golden. Like: you could do solo this and that, tips and trick for killing particular bosses, list of bosses impossible to kill solo and etc.

I'm curuios about Mages solo PvM playing. Of course it's impossible to solo the whole game, but might be Mages not so weak as I'm thinking right now due to lack of experience.

PoiZ-Ivy

Adventurer
very late reply but for anyone else who may of wanted a bit of extra info
wraith form, lots of sdi, wither poison fields ev's , you would need a slayer book for direct damage ( changing from area damage to direct to one specific target, know what resists that target has so you can cast the right spell do max damage and not waste mana ) , if your casting corpse skin, you are lowering the targets fire and poison resist so casting chain light does not go with the corpse to that specific target and yes it will hit a few targets if close enough together, so would meteor swarm ( fire spell ) , find out about opposing slayers , you can use spirit speak for an extra heal, try and be one handed so you can chug potions, up to you if you play in protection, but at spawns I doubt you would need to use that , to learn the bosses before doing it in fel, you can try it at the illshenar spawns, watch out they have paragons there, but no pks, you can still get the replicas there as far as I am aware, if you tinkered with your template and removed poison, you could run spell weaving ( for wod ) and other spells, mage eval resist necro ss and meditation, which is pretty handy template leeching mana back in wraith massive damage from wod at the end of the kill, and all the perks in between,
start off on the rat spawn, its the easiest, build your slayer books up, for example - super slayer ( reptile) , specific slayer (dragon) and so on, you can always look on the web for any videos of players doing champs, 99% will be samps, but there may be one out there....... gl