• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Now that the "Clean Up Britania" turns ins are out.....

G

RTLFC

I personally would find the Nocturne Earrings quite useful. I get sick of having to constantly carry around or make Nightsight Pots on my Samurai/Swordsman and Macer when i want to go into a Dungeon.

One cool thing they could add to the Snakeskin Boots is add a effect to them where they nullify or lessen the damage you take from acid pools, like the ones dropped by Solens or Kappas when they're wounded or killed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

RTLFC

I personally would find the Nocturne Earrings quite useful. I get sick of having to constantly carry around or make Nightsight Pots on my Samurai/Swordsman and Macer when i want to go into a Dungeon.

One cool thing they could add to the Snakeskin Boots is add a effect to them where they nullify or lessen the damage you take from acid pools, like the ones dropped by Solens or Kappas when they're wounded or killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea on the swamp boots for those acid pool creatures!

G

I was worried that the turnin would produced more overpowered items but seems they have avoided that temptation.
sherry statue sounds good and may explain the regal mousies absence from the castle lately as she was clearly posing for the statue?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Not at all impressed by these items.
I think I would have gave up everything I've collected for 1 item bless deed instead.

[/ QUOTE ]
After seeing the list,I would have to agree... Or to get a Personal Bless Deed back. Wonder what ever happen to the fix for that...

Back to trying fishing and wondering about the last 3 virtues...

[/ QUOTE ]

When they replaced the PBDs on Siege with the new system they should have done the same for all the servers so missing PBDs would no longer be a problem.

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

Can anybody explain to me, what "Sherry the Mouse" is?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Not at all impressed by these items.
I think I would have gave up everything I've collected for 1 item bless deed instead.

[/ QUOTE ]
After seeing the list,I would have to agree... Or to get a Personal Bless Deed back. Wonder what ever happen to the fix for that...

Back to trying fishing and wondering about the last 3 virtues...

[/ QUOTE ]

When they replaced the PBDs on Siege with the new system they should have done the same for all the servers so missing PBDs would no longer be a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
They certainly should have but Mr Tact squashed it with his ego.

Yenji Yasagari

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should have listened to me. Everyone would have been happy with a ninja suit, but nope, the damn knights get another set of armor. Damn knights.

G

I apreciate all the work that has been put into this turn in and event and would like to state plainly that I'm disappointed in the turn in rewards. Anything added into the game needs to be compared against what is currently in the game and the rewards presented don't give much incentive. I would rather this statment considered constructive criticism and not a whine but people will read as they wish.

I

imported_Trebr Drab

<blockquote><hr>

Can anybody explain to me, what "Sherry the Mouse" is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sherry is an intelligent mouse that lives in Lord British's castle. There's an in-game book written by her. If you go to the castle, you can see a few mouse holes, and at times you can see her moving about. There was an event where you could talk to her.

She's basically a witness to things that happen at the castle, rarely though.

I

imported_Trebr Drab

<blockquote><hr>

wow no comments on theses ideas

[/ QUOTE ]

Some good ideas, it's just that we all have asked repeatedly for these kinds of things.

But since you mentioned it here, what better way to reward the realm's heroes than allowing construction of things like basements and gardens?
(Garden's are a problem due to lag issues though, as well as blocking, so that would require special handling and may not be feasible.)
I don't like tying things to IDOCs.
Basements could be so cool. I sent in a suggestion a long time ago that players could buy basement/dungeon rooms, and passages, that they could add together. So you buy a room, you get a floor entrance to place and it give access. You later buy another room, and you get a doorway to place in your first room. They could sell passage ways, too.
And all this could be instanced to the player's house, as well as items. But there may be security issues.

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

While I'm not particularly fond of these rewards, I do have to point out that if they put out anything more worthy than that, people would complain that it was uber and unbalancing.

So I can understand why they downplayed it.

-Galen's player

G

<blockquote><hr>

Basements could be so cool. I sent in a suggestion a long time ago that players could buy basement/dungeon rooms, and passages, that they could add together. So you buy a room, you get a floor entrance to place and it give access. You later buy another room, and you get a doorway to place in your first room. They could sell passage ways, too.
And all this could be instanced to the player's house, as well as items. But there may be security issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuff like that cannot be instanced in UO. CANNOT. Everything has to have a specific space on the map to occupy because of how the game is designed. The amount of coding required to make sure that every single house in the entire gameworld has its own specific space alloted to it just wouldn't be feasible, not to mention the horrific slowdown it would add from having to perform such system checks would be unbearable.

Unless you meant in KR. IN KR, it could probably be possible thanks to how they reprogrammed it.. the whole "dark knight challenge" is an example of that. But in 2D? Saying "it just isn't possible" isn't near descriptive enough.

And don't say "then they could just make the space underground beneath our houses". That brings its own hellish set of problems. Of course they could always do it anyway, but then it would be your decision to risk all of your aboveground locked down items every time you went down there.

If you people are going to complain about the rewards we ARE getting (which are mostly more useful than what we'd be turning in... the previous invasion's weapons and rubble being the exceptions), then don't offer your own suggestions that are thouroughly impossible to implement and act like it would be as simple as rehuing an apple.

K

kennykilleduo

Pretty lame list , but i'm quiting...Question where is all the great imaginations (item bless deeds , phoenix armour , housing tiles , even gold dumps, ) of our Dev team are they getting soft on us , These are items Sims would like....

B

Boobus_Apollon

<blockquote><hr>

Oh and by the way, our hope was they would write is some sort of accord with the ophidians, some sort of peace treaty and a means of reparation for Ricardo's theft of the scion. The hope was sending food to starving ophidians or something along those lines would lead to peace, similar to the peace one can forge with the solen. It doesn't look like this will be the case but this was our hope and this was why we collected and stored the ophidians items.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully agree with you. The "turn in" seems to be more like something we call a "pflichtübung" - say, you only do something since you someday promised it to do and don't wanna be called a liar (parents know this situation very well *smiles*). I always thought that uo will be successfull if and only if they would adress that field that wow and others lack at all: an evolving world, driven by events that keep changing and shaping it. In this world, a turn in would have been something like a cornerstone of an event, with meaningful rewards tied to the event where they dropped. As I understand this turn in, I can't see this tie.

Following the "greed" post, it would mean that anything should be given to anybody just because someone is playing uo. I do like the fact however that there are lots of items out there I will only get if I will be very lucky doing IDOC's, since they were given out in the past and are part of the history of this game already. So if I wouldn't have - for any reason - been part of the ophid invasion, and did not get snake skins, it would be fine for me not to be able to get snake skin boots - because I simply wasn't there. And if I dumped them at some point to stuff my house with rubble or whatsoever - I made the descision to dump them, and I am responsible for losing them. I don't see why an berserkers scythe should be rewarded with snake skin boots, I simply don't see any link between these two, sorry.

viper of flames

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree but it's not about greed as one may think,It what the rewards are for protecting the Lands we love so much.The kind is going to reward us with what?
Oh my Lord Thank you for a pair of boots.What my Lord i have to give you all the magic gifts I took off the monsters to get this boot.

Yes you fool give me 50% of your loot over the last few years and I will give you a pair of boots. M'Lord can you give me something to remember the event that I fought so hard in and almost lost my life?

hehe you know what i mean make the rewards worth wild for us .Im sure i will get what ever they give us and be happy with:)

Who knows the rewards are not out yet and we are blowing steam hehe so forgive me and maybe they might have something up thier sleeves.

I

imported_Trebr Drab

Crysta, thanks for the info, but I am not yet convinced. Maybe you can convince me yet, though. (And as pointed out, relax, this is just conversation at this point, even if the complaints have grounds IMO)

Don't we have instances in 2D now? Fel and Trammel is the biggest example. My suggestion was that they make one room, somewhere on the outskirts of the map, to use as that first basement room. And then instance that room for each player's house that adds it on. It's a simple code that almost every game uses now. Yes, they still need the hard drive storage space to keep everything separate per house, but as far as the map goes, I don't see an issue there.

And I must point out, that old excuse that things aren't possible only goes so far these days. We are more knowledgeable these days. These are, after all, computer programs, and anything is possible. The only restrictions are mechanical and bean counting. There are no restrictions on possibilities outside of those two things.

G

Tram and Fel aren't instances.. they're completely seperate maps.

As for the rest.. I don't think it's possible. The problem is, every instance has to occur on the map, it can't be some instantly generated pocket dimeonsion with how things are set up with the game (if that were possible, it would have been done for the ML peerlesses). If they were to have a space like that, it would most likely only allow one or two players at once into it in the entire server, otherwise the houses would overlap each other and cause major problems, and it wouldn't be possible to hide the houses from those not in them.. so far as I know UO can't do that.

You have to realize, all of the other games out there are 3D.. the maps aren't nearly as hardcoded as the tile based stuff of UO.. this is why we have to have a complete map redrawing whenever they want to change a minor part of it; they literally can't redraw just one part.. they have to do it all, which is why they're so rare for us. Other games could add in a temporary map somewhere not even in the game world for such a thing, but for UO to do that there would have to be a complete map patch for each one that was made. Or at least, that's how I understand it.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

This I think will be the first of a few hand-in sessions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see a couple of paths here, and perhaps I am being a bit mentally myopic, in what I see:

IF this is only turn in session...lame. But, if it is, then we can get rid of some of the mulitude of stuff we have acquired. That would be good.

IF this ISN'T the only Turn In Opportunity - Then I feel we should know this, with full confidence, so that we DON'T turn in everything we got, just to find out that "The First Of" really DID mean "The First Of...With Several More Chances and Different Items Coming".

IF this isn't the only turn in, how many might there be? Will items change? Get Better?...Tokuno was WAY better than this, both for Deco and useability...Real Dyes...Carapace...Kasa...etc. AND the event was FAR easier to farm, and get teh Good Stuffz. The Dark Traders/Haven trade in was WAY better, for useable and high end goodies...I would have a very hard time with the initial Trade Ins being the ONLY ones...

Anyway...bottom line for me is that I will not be trading in heavily this go around. I will trade in for some of the stuff, but I certainly will not empty my house.

*Crosses Fingers On The Perception*

I

imported_Trebr Drab

Well, the map is on the player's comp, but everything else is streamed to the player from the UO server. So, although the items are on the players comp, the player sees an item laying somewhere because the servers send them that info, and they see it.
So, you take this one room, plus any other room/passageways built on the big map, and when entered the player gets a code reference that tells him what gets sent to him as far as places items (including players that happen to be there), and that's what he see.

In games like WoW, they have lots of instances. Each instance is based on a player or group, and shows what's in their individual instance. This is why a player can leave an instance and go back and see MOBs that he's killed, or not re-loot a chest that he's already looted.
In this case, this reference code is based on the individual player house. Anyone that enters sees what that instance had locked down, or dropped items that haven't decayed yet, or players already there.

Yes, there'd be a costly addition for server space, as more and more houses got these "basements". But it would be a very attractive thing to have.
And again, I can see where there might be security concerns due to some quirk in the UO code. That's always a question that any outsider would reasonably have.

I

imported_Lucretia

Not just in reply to Connor, but to all that are whining...

Are you guys ever f***** happy?!?

All I read is "Jeremy when, Jeremy what". Jeremy answers and all I read is "whaa we don't like that timing, whaaa, we don't like those items". My god people give it a rest and enjoy the game.

Flutter had a point. I too am surprised Draconi does anything for us anymore. Hell, I'm surprised Jeremy even answers anymore. No matter what is said the response is always WHAAA WHAAA WHAAA. This place has turned into romper room.

I

imported_Trebr Drab

People have every right to voice their concerns. You call them complaints or pissing n' moaning, fine, that's your right to piss n' moan too.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL, this is one of those rhetorical questions, isn't it?...la

I

imported_Trebr Drab

<blockquote><hr>

Turn-in Item Idea:
Gloves of Trammel pilfering.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are just never friking happy.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's best for rewards like this to stay on the low end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then what's the point to them?

Even if the Knight armor was all 70s with nothing but some extra hit points...it would still be lousy.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Turn-in Item Idea:

[/ QUOTE ]

I likey!!!...la

G

<blockquote><hr>

Turn-in Item Idea:

[/ QUOTE ]
Oooh oooh!!! :

Katana of murderer statloss!

*nods*

viper of flames

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Not just in reply to Connor, but to all that are whining...

All I read is "Jeremy when, Jeremy what". Jeremy answers and all I read is "whaa we don't like that timing, whaaa, we don't like those items". My god people give it a rest and enjoy the game.

Flutter had a point. I too am surprised Draconi does anything for us anymore. Hell, I'm surprised Jeremy even answers anymore. No matter what is said the response is always WHAAA WHAAA WHAAA. This place has turned into romper room.

That comes with the job like it or not

[/ QUOTE ]