• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] Now that I have my suit, what good is Bushido

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that I have my HCI maxed out, and get critical damage with each hit of Armor Ignore, that I can nearly chain.... what good is bushido anymore. yeah I have a higher chance to parry with a two handed weapon, but Lynk sure has the one hander figured out with a shield.

I rarely if ever use Lightning Strike, and the times I do use it, I figure I could get away without it....

Any real use for it, or should I put another skill in it's place that I could use... say healing, or resist, or basketweaving...

Mirt, Lynk, Obsidian, anyone else feel like chiming in, we all have very similar templates.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Momentum strike and whirlwind. Bushido lets you do momentum strike and it directly ups your whirlwind damage. Honor also still helps as some monsters mana pool is a bit low to rely on leeching and bushido comes in nicely there. If you have parry the one handed parry with pots is great. Also confidence is a great boost and a properly timed and used evade can save your life in a big way against champs. Additionally it does keep open some things in regard to specials and the mana reduction points.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
lets not forget that with the new luck changes bushido/honor can boost your luck by up to 1000 points also in pvm this can help a lot in wrong/shame

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do use whirwind and momentum strike on occasion, add that to the other spells, or abilities that I use from time to time, and I say bushido is a keeper. My template works well as is, so as they say in Sunny Florida, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You need Bushido (perfection) to do max damage vs monsters that haven't a slayer or Fey slayer type (the most of peerless for example).

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lets not forget that with the new luck changes bushido/honor can boost your luck by up to 1000 points also in pvm this can help a lot in wrong/shame
I do like this, and my character is broken, he's got permanent 750 luck on him, I don't know if I used the luck statue and it never wore off, but it's always there, and I don't wear luck items. I just hope that 1750 luck is high enough to get some better goodies. Earned up 62k worth of gold killing miasma last night and not even one treasure chest.