• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Now Physically IMPOSSIBLE to get to the Market Town

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Something needs to be done. :(

My suggestions:

- The East/West Dock Parking spots look like they can fit 1 and 1/2 large boats, Increase the gap so two large boats could fit side by side.
- Stretch the end of the docks to form a large T.
- Drop off point only, a place where boats stop, you get on land but cannot move until you drydock your boat.

SirZ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I propose to remove ships from all docks, after some time if owner don't use ship.
Or make a maximum time when the ship is able to stand on the dock.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought they were going to make it so you couldn't bring the new ships in close to shore, forcing you to use a rowboat. If they did this then they could have an area of shallow water where only rowboats sit.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This was not fun circling the emporium at a snail's pace only to find no egress even in a diminutive rowboat. Leave one section access only to floating market with immediate drydock w/ crate feature (items on deck will be put into the crate or deleted if crate is maxed), or let the dockmaster auto-move the boat to an outlying port if you stay too long w/additional transport fees.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To help with the parking spot problem they need to allow marking or a gate system to the area.

It took me 34 minutes last night just to get on the docks.

Time limit the spots 10 min per ship per spot after time is up your ship dry docks to your pack canceling any active fishing quest.

If you log out in this area with a ship up, it dry docks and cancels any fishing quest.

If you can't conclude business in that time your......:sad3::sad3:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
bigger dock or make one end open where you cant enter with big ships just row boats just put pilons in water that are close together around island or one area this way only small rows can get in

Radugast

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont see the problem why people cant mark on the dock town. It just nerfs magery &chiv every time there is a place like this unable to mark and recall.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont see the problem why people cant mark on the dock town. It just nerfs magery &chiv every time there is a place like this unable to mark and recall.
Hehe i think they want to see if we can fill the dock, but the dock is really too small for this big ships and iam with all of you enable recall and gate there and the problems are gone.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The idea that once you dock your boat and get off you have to redeed it is ..

A GREAT IDEA or

MAKE IT SO YOU HAVE TO ANCHOR YOU BOAT OUT IN THE SEAS AND USE YOUR ROWBOAT TO GET TO THE DOCK AND ONCE THERE MUST PULL ROWBOAT OUT BEFORE MOVING.

Both these require you to pull your boat out before you can walk is the BEST idea i have heard for fixing this problem.

The idea to sink them after a time period doesnt work as most fo the people who would grief the shores (and there will be ALOT) will just leave a ghost or somone else on the boat to hold the spot like standing instead of parking.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: The idea that once you dock your boat and get off you have to redeed it is ..

Storms idea seems the easiest, Plonk some piers in the water where the gap is large enough for a row boat to get in only. Have these in a square at the end of the market, That way large boats can park in the spots but the rear of the dock is row boats only.

Would only take someone a few minutes to place these piers.

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have deleted all the boats around the sea market, I have also placed reward givers for all the boats and level 7 tmaps.

Mesanna

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thanks Mesanna I Like my new orc ship!

B

Beastmaster

Re: The idea that once you dock your boat and get off you have to redeed it is ..

Storms idea seems the easiest, Plonk some piers in the water where the gap is large enough for a row boat to get in only. Have these in a square at the end of the market, That way large boats can park in the spots but the rear of the dock is row boats only.

Would only take someone a few minutes to place these piers.
What's to stop larger vessels from simply blocking off the end of narrow lanes they can't get down?

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What's to stop larger vessels from simply blocking off the end of narrow lanes they can't get down?
Good oversight, Missed that. :sad3:

Z

Zyon Rockler

It could be the docks aren't big enough. It might be a good idea to actually make it bigger. Add some spaces for smaller boats as well.

I wonder if it would be possible to have a landing port where boats could overlap each other or had 5 minute timer so that it would decay your boat at a faster rate.

And around the whole dock there should be a timer of no more than an hour I would think. The only problem is, if someone were to lose connection, they would lose everything on their boat.

Z

Zyon Rockler

Maybe they could after so much time have the tillerman of the boat try to sail the boat out to sea by trying to go backwards, forward and just keep moving for alittle while.

Nurse Miss Maude

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about 15 minute parking meters? You have to pay to park at the dock. Only for 15 minutes and only once per hour. If you miss picking up your boat, it dry docks. I would say it would decay...but...I know I've had my isp drop and it's been 24 hours or longer before they got it fixed.
I'm all for any sort of timer, as long as no boats are lost. Maybe if you miss your pick up you and your boat gets jailed. LOL
I think making the ability to recall or gate there is only part of the solution. There is the issue of not being able to bring your boat around to get the quests. Last night not even a row boat was able to get to market.
I am really loving the new boats, recipes, the fishing all of it, gotta end on a positive note! LOL

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After an encounter with a coupla players today, a thought occurred to me about this. They were under the impression that if they left their old boat there, they could recall in. When I told them that wasn't possible, they happily dry docked it.

Something that can be used in conjunction with other stuff maybe?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm... There is already some code for dismissed vendors and their goods with 7 days timer.

So it would be nice to "park" boat with all content automatically after 1 hour of inactivity at nearby area. You must pay parking fee to dock master NPC to recover boat.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I still say you all need to make the market double the length ... and I'm thinking you might even consider making it double length and adding two sides to form a T....

I can say for a fact that the market will be clogged for months by boats that just remain there forever.

I mean and I don't want to make you think I would do something like this because I wouldn't but if each character can have a boat... I could block the entire thing myself with 50+ characters sailing there and getting a big boat. Just saying... some people are extremely bad greifers and play this game only to bring others misery. I can see this is seriously going to be a choking mess...

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still say you all need to make the market double the length ... and I'm thinking you might even consider making it double length and adding two sides to form a T....

I can say for a fact that the market will be clogged for months by boats that just remain there forever.

I mean and I don't want to make you think I would do something like this because I wouldn't but if each character can have a boat... I could block the entire thing myself with 50+ characters sailing there and getting a big boat. Just saying... some people are extremely bad greifers and play this game only to bring others misery. I can see this is seriously going to be a choking mess...
Make that 378 boats at the market, thats with 2 accounts and there is 27 servers. The griefers are gona love this if it isnt fix PROPERLY and you only have 12 days to do it. I say properly as in not just a fix that wont fix it and with then have to be refix next patch and then the patch after........

One way would be to make them rubberband like when trying to walk into someones house thats locked, the code must be there for that so the big boats cant go in that area but the row boats can just like being friended to a house kinda thing, plus make the area they cant enter huge and the dock huge.

Or like someone else metioned, make it like a vendor youe renting, after 10 mins the boat goes into his pocket like your items do into the vendor house sign and have 7 days to pay a fine and collect them or they go poof.

Thunderz

Nurse Miss Maude

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the area around the market could still be blocked by parking all around what ever perimeter is established. Still making it impossible to get to the dock even with a rowboat.

I'm now thinking that a public moongate ON the dock with it added to the town list, expansion of the dock, a timer of 15 minutes for the quest area (this way you could at least drop your boat and get the quest...sailing away might still be an issue), so making the quest available by foot on the dock, toggle quest items.
Let's see what else....oh yeah making the new items available throughout on all npc vendors to keep prices reasonable.

If the cluster issue isn't addressed before release, only the large guilds will have the advantage.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im talking make the boundry area HUGE so you would need like 4000 boats to block it off!! That would take some time but still do able with trial account.

Thats another one DONT LET TRIAL ACCOUNTS HAVE THE NEW BOATS that would get messy with so nerd with to much time to go place that many rowing boats on the dock and log them out!!

Thunderz

Nurse Miss Maude

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You would only need one account to purchase boats. Old style boats could still be used for blocking. LOL
There is a way around everything, BUT let's hope whatever solution is made that it's difficult or very very costly to get around it.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why not just use your cannons on any boat blocking your access to the port? (I play on siege so i guess this is mostly relevant to us, but still maybe make it so ships that havent had a player on them for 10 mins or so can be sunk by other players)

O

Old Man of UO

... DONT LET TRIAL ACCOUNTS HAVE THE NEW BOATS ...
Pretty sure that, at least at this time, Trial Accounts can't have the new boats or High Seas content. They have to purchase the booster pak.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, there isn't any way to fix the dock unless there is a perm. moongate or if people can mark. If you create a space, it will be filled.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the problems wouldn't even exist if around 50% of the player base weren't being lazy and selfish and the other 50% could learn how to park :p

V

Voodoo990

What happened to the 20 min timer? Thought that was implemented already. I just spent an hour going around the market, it is completely blocked again and I didn't see one ship get moved out.

Z

Zyon Rockler

Maybe something like the way the stable works. Have like a boat master and a ship lock where the boat comes in, once you get off the boat it auto stables.

Then, when you're ready, you go to the dock master and replace your boat.

Maybe they could have any dock section where you pull in your boat, work like this. So, basically, unless you're on the boat, it is dry docked.