• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nov 2, Community Pub Notes

G

Gregs List
list of stuff before ealand opens:
1. finish reducing prices (objects/crafting)
2. set ea-land to paying players only (to open only)
3. add paying player weekly bonus.
4. remove top 100 bonus payouts, move to objects.
5. add player account bank account.
6. add bank kiosk for getting to the player account.
7. fix exploit.
8. economy alert circuit breaker.
9. open doors.
10. fix the login issue that is sure to come.

Merge steps left.
1. get outer zoom added and in place.
2. make map consistent in TC3 and ealand.
3. update standard move script for tc3 and ealand to remove money on the move.
4. open "standard' moves to TC3 from TC for at least 1 week...2 preferred.
5. perform move city data.

standard move is how sims move now from city to city...there will be one modification. for moves to tc3 ealand- simoleans will be removed.
in stratics folks were calling the standard move to tc3 the 'bullet train"

Polly: you mean to ealand greg?
Greg: both though tc to tc3 will be allowed and all others to ealand allowed.

Thelma Jean: Where does BV fit into all this transition?
Stir: BV sims will be able to move to EA-land.
Thelma Jean: All of them?
Stir: thelma jean - that is the plan
Thelma Jean: not just the masters?
Thelma Jean: ok great
Thelma Jean: Thanks

Polly: when BV goes to EA Land will fire go with it?
Stir: Polly - no. at some time in the future ...the distant future we may have free will lots which will have fire.
Polly: thanks and

----------------------------------------------
Changing Stirs replies to Greg (Greg's sim in TC3 is Stir)
Greg: I'm waiting on the move script to be updated (any day now) and normal moves sans simoleans will be allowed from tc to tc3.
Greg: gracie- I don't think we can restrict content to TSO stores (refering to a stratics thread)
Greg: Gracie - reasoning - non-tso players will be disallowed into tso lots.
Gracie Nito: it wouldn't be a good idea anyway. restricting content in non-tso stores tho?
Greg: ...so we're back to not having a TSO store but rather an EA-land store (non-tso)
Itsme: what's a ealand store
Greg: how so?
Shojinko: so there will be tso and non-tso stores
Gracie Nito: no more tso stores. just ea-land stores
Shojinko: okay
Greg: shojinko - look at the "motives" thread in stratics (i think)
Shojinko: thanks greg
Gracie Nito: no restrictions on stores at all?
Greg: the issue is that we could have tso stores (dont see why not)...the problem is it wont be "efficient" for players or store owners so I think they would atrophe. What restrictions on non-tso stores?
Gracie Nito: I thought you just said all stores will be non-tso stores
Greg: that is the million dollar question...
Itsme: so whats the one city going to be called
Greg: I'm saying -- I dont see how TSO Stores can work.
Itsme: ?
Gracie Nito: EA-Land
Greg: in the presence of EA-Land stores.
Greg: we can certainly have both... but in practice only EA-Land stores will remain
Greg: so that is the dilema
?: how is the buy mode going to work
Greg: before we go there...want to finish this...other thing
Itsme: ok
Gracie Nito: just auctions
Greg: well maybe.
Itsme: wont be stores in ealand
Greg: the current thinking there is to auction blocks of objects to store owners and let store owners deal at that level.
Itsme: i own auction site for tso
Greg: then using the auction block and "consignment" block let store owners take it from there.
Gracie Nito: alot of things will get left behind and not ever purchased even by stores. lol
Greg: plenty of fodder for parts

Niki-King: will we need parts to craft CC?
Greg: no
Shojinko: okay, i think understand the concept of the stores now
Gracie Nito: parts of a chair to stick to parts of a toilet?
Itsme: we should have manufactoring plants. where if no one produces it the items then no one must want them. assembly lines.
Greg: widgets
...yep they are cool. hoping to work on them next.
Itsme: widgets?
Greg: "parts of a chair to stick to parts of a toilet?"
Itsme: there needs to be homeowners manufactoring, and retailing.
Greg: there is a design we have which combines objects to make other objects.
Itsme: just like simcity 4
Greg: these sub objecting or widgets.

Itsme:commercial industry and homes
Gracie Nito: residential
Itsme: right, couldn't think of the word
Gracie Nito: industrial
Itsme: yea
Shojinko: well, i'm out, time for bed
Itsme: its 2 am here ok
Gracie Nito: light and heavy
Greg: gn
Shojinko: see you all later, good night
Niki-King: nighty sho, tell killer hi
Itsme: lol no we dont need light or heavy just basics. industry supplies
Gracie Nito: sure we do. you think I want my house next to a mega mall?
Itsme: commercial, depends u like to shop
Niki-King: NIMBY
Itsme: i know homes by malls
Gracie Nito: I don't mind living next door to a convenience store. but I don't wanna live next to mega mall
Itsme: its the sims, ur living next to god knows what
Gracie Nito: where do you live Itsme?
Itsme: i know someone here who was trying to run a nazi camp with santa cluses
Greg: actually we want to go there...including "zoning" laws...and neighborhood "governemts"
Itsme: Detroit michigan also got a place in clearwater florida and new yourk
Itsme: well anyways u can hire sims to make things on your assembly lines
Gracie Nito: I might have to change the name of Gracieville to Pleasantville to keep the brothels out.
Greg: lol
Itsme: stir is there going to be wear still
Gracie Nito: has to be wear or there is no drain on the economy for replacements
Itsme: right
Itsme: so hear is wat i think. industry for example take these chairs
Greg: ea-land will not have wear; however, tso in ea-land will have wear. hope that makes sense
Itsme: wat? gay
Itsme: anyways the owner of the the assemle line can hire sims not hire whoever is on the lot. can get to a booth and put together this chair peice at a time each station then the owner can sell it to commercial outlets. which they in return resell to others
Gracie Nito: Is the currency in EA-Land different than the simolean of TSO?
Greg: gracie - currency thus far is simoleans. though it has been debated.

Itsme whats the hot key to see what version your running
Greg: cant remember...anyone?
Itsme: ctrl b

Gracie Nito: And there is a reason of disolving all things "sim" related?
Itsme: serverruntime= no verision
Greg: a few reasons.
Greg: good and bad
Greg: *thinking*
Itsme: so basically theres free accounts and then theres paid accounts
Greg: probably the biggest most positive reason - is the social networking aspects of what TSO is...actually are ideas above
Greg: the sims franchise itself...these social aspects can carry over to other areas including other ea ips, external ips, long tail ips, special intereests...etc.
Itsme: ips as in internet protocols
Greg: intellectual property
Itsme: nvm
Greg: Sims = ip
Gracie Nito: Spore is EA?
Greg: yes
Gracie Nito if all is EA-land i don't understand the intellectual property then
Greg: pretty much the old maxis crew.
Greg: ?
Gracie Nito Sim=simulated person. Ea owns them
Greg: yes.
Itsme: is ur contract with MC donalds up
Gracie Nito: Personally i think the whole world of avatars should be referred to as sims. even in SL
Greg: itsme -in ealand there will be pay montly or pay as you go.
Itsme: no
Gracie Nito: I'm still waiting on that discounted yearly subscription myself.

Itsme: ur mcdonalds, cuz u got 2 food stands with their name on it.
Greg: Gracie - wouldn't hurt my feelings. but there are also other reasons...which i wont go into - some silly some reasonable
Greg: gracie- but in my mind not as good of a reason as trying let folds outside the sims get involved.
Greg: gracie- for some people " The Sims" gets in the way...of their thinking.
Gracie Nito: oh like people with money
Greg: lol. yep. and executives.

lots of talking

Itsme: lmao stir wat do u do exactly with ea
Gracie Nito: Stir is a thinker
Greg: Itsme- I'm the technical director, this is the showing room

F

festrmentmagnet

Confusion.

So, what happends if we have stores now with things we are planning to set out to sale after the merge?
We won't have our stores anymore?

G

Thank you Simone....I have missed your posts from the Pub.

G

<blockquote><hr>

tso in ea-land

[/ QUOTE ]
What?
I was under the impression that TSO would become the core of EALand - Is this saying it will be seperate? Like Fantasyland inside Disneyland?

G

<blockquote><hr>

...and neighborhood "governemts"

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh dear lord, let's not go here again.

G

lol, I agree, government is the last thing I want to see in my play world.

That list has me confused on many things, I get the feeling we'll be a tiny neglected section once all the Big Boys can join in their games. If non tso players can't play with tso players.. I'm so confused. I think I need more coffee, maybe another pot or two

G

<blockquote><hr>

lol, I agree, government is the last thing I want to see in my play world.

That list has me confused on many things, I get the feeling we'll be a tiny neglected section once all the Big Boys can join in their games. If non tso players can't play with tso players.. I'm so confused. I think I need more coffee, maybe another pot or two

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. The more I hear, the less I like. But, I am holding out hope that the final outcome will work out.

N

NightFlyer

TTL

Lord help us if they impliment governments in EA Land. I suppose these devs don't remember (or never knew of) the fiasco and grief of Alpha's SSG. That will surely push this old player over the edge of no return!

Could someone tell me what is so bad about being associated with "The Sims" and "TSO"? I am still very confused over this. "The Sims" is only the top selling game(s) of all time. WTF?

I'm not even going to approach how confused I am on the future of stores at this point.

One more thing while I'm at it ... if there is an exploit in TC3 why is this not being addressed immediately?

G

I would like to see more people have their login issues worked out before pushing anything else into the game (I don't even know what to call it anymore
)

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

Confusion.

So, what happends if we have stores now with things we are planning to set out to sale after the merge?
We won't have our stores anymore?

[/ QUOTE ]

*TTL*

I would like to get a clear cut answer to this question if someone can please? Are we not going to be able to have stores after the merge? Ive been crafting my fingers off so I would have items to sell after we merge, since it will be ages if ever that I have that kind of money again to craft. Please, I need to know if Im going to be able to sell all of the stuff I have stored up or not?

Ugh, a lot of us still cant even log in without major headaches and this needs to be fixed and fixed right before anything else happens. I dont care if I cant get into TC3 anymore, well I do but at this point it just doesnt matter. Id rather see it where we can all log into any city without pulling hairs out.

G

<blockquote><hr>

4. open "standard' moves to TC3 from TC for at least 1 week...2 preferred.

[/ QUOTE ]
What is the advantage to this.... and why do they need 2 weeks????

If everybody moves on their own accord, there will be no need to merge?

To avoid the unavoidable technical problems that are bound to crop up in the merge?

Confused minds want to know.

K

Keep It Real

Moving a sim without property verses merging a sim with property.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Kinda thin, especially when they say they want 2 weeks for it. Seems to me better things can be done with the time. A couple days should suffice.

G

I believe they will be doing the same thing for the production cities....so maybe they are giving themselves some time, for problems to occur?

V

vapd3317

oh by the power of greyskull !!!!!! .... a simulated government for a simulated city????....jumpin jehosephat...im just all a tingle to find the sign up sheet for the underground resistance. (that is before they enact the *simulated draft for the spec ops cheerleader corps*)... those pom poms could be designated as WMD's.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Kinda thin, especially when they say they want 2 weeks for it. Seems to me better things can be done with the time. A couple days should suffice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I honestly can't see why anyone would opt to move to TC3 and lose their property just to be able to do it a week or two sooner. If it's just to test the ability to move, for when EA Land opens up, then at least there is a reason, but I don't see why that would require one week, let alone two, to test it. It would be nice if they would give us a reason for the madness. The last I saw, they mentioned the merge "within the month" I assumed was October, then I saw "within the next month" meaning November. Well with this added time needed to "move people", I want to change my guess of November 14th to the third wednesday of the second week of the next year
It's ok though, I really am in no hurry to be poor. I am also in no hurry to have to change my home to suit the way "they" think the game should be played.

I too, would rather they make it so everyone can log in with no troubles before they do anything else.

C

Creed84

Well we still ahve people saying they cant log to a production city without crashing, or one person has told me that it wiped the game from her computer when she tried to go from TC3 to download for a production city. Is this being done to make people play in TC3????????? Because alot of people can't get into anywhere but TC3.

V

vapd3317

I saw this movie....they tried to get everyone in one place so they could take over everyones minds all at the same time.....invasion of the body snatchers !!!!....STAY AWAKE !!!!...DONT FALL ASLEEP !!!!...OMG OMG OMG....*runs frantically screaming*

C

Creed84

Well I am not going to worry about that till I see the pods

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I saw this movie....they tried to get everyone in one place so they could take over everyones minds all at the same time.....invasion of the body snatchers !!!!....STAY AWAKE !!!!...DONT FALL ASLEEP !!!!...OMG OMG OMG....*runs frantically screaming*

[/ QUOTE ]

That movie, so-called "fiction," was filmed, er, documented in San Francisco...which is really near EA headquarters...

K

Keep It Real

::runs in circles screaming THE END IS NEAR THE END IS NEAR::

V

VivieAnna

I also would really like to hear what the plan is for current stores in production cities. Should we be stocking now before the move, will we be able to sell the stuff we have stocked after the merge? Will our stores still be able to sell, or will stores as we know them be obsolete? I am very confused on this issue also and would love to know how to plan for the move. No need having my store stocked if I wont be able to sell stuff OR sell stuff back. TIA

F

festrmentmagnet

<blockquote><hr>

I also would really like to hear what the plan is for current stores in production cities. Should we be stocking now before the move, will we be able to sell the stuff we have stocked after the merge? Will our stores still be able to sell, or will stores as we know them be obsolete? I am very confused on this issue also and would love to know how to plan for the move. No need having my store stocked if I wont be able to sell stuff OR sell stuff back. TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple"> </font> I really hope we get a good, solid answer to this question. It's important for store owners to know what is going to happen to them and their goods after the merge.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Considering everyone is bringing everything with them in the merge, including the kitchen sink. I expect stores will not be selling much for awhile after merge. Eventually all objects in the catalog will become obsolete because everyone will want custom made objects. Stores will still operate as they do now, only with a few adjustments to the way they purchase objects we currently have in catalogs. I suspect being a "non-tso" type property, greening will be not necessary while in stores, similar to the way residential lots currently work. No skilling or money making objects will be available for use in stores, either.

F

festrmentmagnet

No skilling objects can be used by stores?
That is really messed up.

K

Keep It Real

It ain't your momma's TSO anymore. It's....................sumthin..........not sure what, but it's sumthin, but hey at least you still have your sims?/avatars......... kinda.

F

festrmentmagnet

I'm hoping since Gracie says "suspects"...that the part about stores not being able to use skill objects is not a for sure thing.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I'm hoping since Gracie says "suspects"...that the part about stores not being able to use skill objects is not a for sure thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

I am hoping that skill and money objects will get a reprieve from being condemned only to skill or money lots.

I am all for giving skill or money lots an edge, in terms of efficiency and payouts. In all the time I've played this game I've skilled and made money in dedicated properties, and also at my own home. Without being able to skill or make money at home, it will cut down on options for those players who stay on their property in order to keep it functioning.

I think dedicated properties will always be attractive. Especially if they provide incentives for group participation. If I want to socialize, I would certainly choose a dedicated property type to join in the activity. On the other hand, if I want to stay home and try to attract visitors to my place, why should I be cut off from activity? In real life many of us learn and work from home. This game, which is a "sim" life, has always allowed for that -- and I hope it will continue to do so.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Without being able to skill or make money at home, it will cut down on options for those players who stay on their property in order to keep it functioning.

[/ QUOTE ]

There has always been limited options of "doing something" while staying home to keep a non-money or -skill house open. I hope this doesn't mean there will now be less to do. No wonder so many store owners hide.

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

I would like to see more people have their login issues worked out before pushing anything else into the game (I don't even know what to call it anymore
)

[/ QUOTE ]

'That Game' LOL! Exactly - they need to fix these log in problems before anything else. What's the point of expecting people to pay a subscription if they can't even log in to play it? Talk about frustrating lol..

I have sims in TC with properties. Since I don't want to lose my houses, I'm not moving to TC3 until the merge forces me to. But at least it's an option for the homeless lol..