• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Notice of Extended Maintenance Down Time

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
On January 27th, 2017 we'll be taking Stratics down at 10 am EST for an extended Maintenance period. During this period the following is planned.

• Establishing a Landing Page for Stratics at the "Stratics.com" address.
  • Moving the forums and by association the wiki to stratics.com/community and stratics.com/community/w/ respectfully.
  • Numerous updates to various components of the site.
  • Addition of new components designed to support and complement the new Landing Page
  • Due to new standards by Apple, and Tapatalk, Stratics will be re-instituting SSL in order to prevent potential disruption of usage for users on mobile and other iOS devices.
Due to the necessity of shifting around sections of the site, the extended down time is needed in order to assure a clean backup of the site, in the event of complications so service can be restored without loss of data. Because of this the maintenance time my take upwards of 12 hours in the event a complication arises.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you going to break all of our links to pages inside Stratics?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
All URLs are going to change, so yes. You should be able to modify your saved links, changing them from stratics.com/threads/notice-of-extended-maintenance-down-time.382121 to stratics.com/community/notice-of-extended-maintenance-down-time.382121. (I'm not 100% sure that's what the final URL will look like post-changes, hence my waiting to change the hard-coded wiki links until after this part is done.)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Are you going to break all of our links to pages inside Stratics?
All URLs are going to change, so yes. You should be able to modify your saved links, changing them from stratics.com/threads/notice-of-extended-maintenance-down-time.382121 to stratics.com/community/notice-of-extended-maintenance-down-time.382121. (I'm not 100% sure that's what the final URL will look like post-changes, hence my waiting to change the hard-coded wiki links until after this part is done.)
Brian has it right with this one, and that is the planned URL change. Unfortunately with what we're doing and how things are going to be tied together there isn't a lot of options. Any URL from outside of Stratics say from Imgur or Photobucket won't be effected, nor should images uploaded as attachments to posts. However a link from one thread to another will be effected, and either the original author of the post or one of the Mods, or Admins should be able correct those.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Brian has it right with this one, and that is the planned URL change. Unfortunately with what we're doing and how things are going to be tied together there isn't a lot of options. Any URL from outside of Stratics say from Imgur or Photobucket won't be effected, nor should images uploaded as attachments to posts. However a link from one thread to another will be effected, and either the original author of the post or one of the Mods, or Admins should be able correct those.
TY Not the answer I wanted but it is what it is. Will we be able to get to the old SKILLS, HUNTERS PAGES?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
TY Not the answer I wanted but it is what it is. Will we be able to get to the old SKILLS, HUNTERS PAGES?
Oh you mean the uo.stratics.com and uo2.stratics.com those aren't changing at all, they'll still be available as they are.