• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Not sure where to begin

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I have a wonderful "sister" who is a good lumberjack, minor, tinker, and a fair blacksmith.

I've been wanting to try out this imbuing thing for a while and thought today might be a good day. I've read the uoguide and checked out Stratics a bit.

Keep in mind that I've NEVER done this before nor talked to anyone who has.

I do have an extra character slot but I'm not OVERLY excited about creating a gargoyle. I will if it makes this WAY easier. Otherwise, I will put this skill on my little sister Robyn.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Some people would suggest to train on a human or elf and then transfer the skill to your gargoyle to save time and materials while training. 120 imbuing scrolls come very cheap if you combine lower ones with scrolls of binding. That means you would need two of those imbuing scrolls if you train on one character and later on use it on another. And you will need a soulstone or a soulstone fragment.

As for using the skill later on... maybe you can keep one character slot empty for a while *just in case* and until then use an existing elf or human to use the skill? So you gather your own experiences? Some people are still too lazy to acquire enough loyalty to be able to use the Queen's Soulforge. The later grants a bonus on imbuing and that means you will fail less often, ultimately you will save imbuing ingredients by using the Queen's Soulforge. Gargoyles who don't use the Queen's Forge are at a similar disadvantage like an elf or a human. Some people think that is ok, others think it is not. You only lose gems and magical residues / enchanted essences / relic fragments. As far as I know you won't lose essences and the rest on failures. Some people don't care much about that. Probably depends on how often you will use your imbuing talents after training.

To sum it up: if you personally do a lot of imbuing and want to save as much ingredients as possible, then you should go gargoyle and get enough loyalty so that you can use the Queen's Forge. If you don't mind losing a little more imbuing ingredients you might as well have imbuing on an elf or a human.

Last edited:

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It also depends on your finances, I have Imbuing on my main crafter who is elf as its easier when making things to be able to just make and exc wep/armour/bow/carp/tinker then imbue straight away, I don't use the soul forge as its more hassle unless you want to lug all your resources around for what your imbuing to the forge so I do it at home. I don't want him to be Garg as its hassle when you need a beetle

Again I'm not bothered about the resources wasted being elf and Imbuing at home as i don't worry about that small amount I'm loosing but to others it might be a lot of gold.

I herd now the best way to train is collect all loot of mobs and unravel it till you hit the lvl you can't gain anymore, then you will have a fair stack of essence and residue to skill up with, or back when it came out you would bur things, I think dagger was cheapest back then and unravel it and skill up while getting the mats to skill up.

Scrolls will be easy as you will get enough mats from what your imbuing then unraveling to hand in or just buy 50 relic frags off someone, less chance of getting a runic then handing your own essence

Thunders

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is what I decided to do: it made sense to let my blacksmith work on this skill since she is the one who repairs armor for the other sisters. I'm not in a huge rush so as my mage is working on her mysticism skills, she keeps all the minor and major magic items she's getting and brings them home for the blacksmith to unravel into essence. So yes, we bought a soulforge for the house. Looks nice on our rooftop garden. :)

Thank you guys for your suggestions.