• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Not sure if we're allowed to talk about this.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it just me, or does uoguide really really suck in comparison to uostuff? Not sure why everything changed over and most of the information is lost or impossible to find.

A

Alex the Gray

same here- I used it often, and it had pretty good info

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

January 2 - Snowball Wars are now active on the Winterland test center

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on people...with headlines such as the one above how can you *not* love UO Guide???

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know where I can find good info on fletching kits and enhancing bows?

N/M, found it.

G

I was under the impression that eventually the content would merge? Or is that not happening now?

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought it was supposed to as well, but they must be taking their sweet time about it.

G

The content is going to merge. but UOguide has a crappy user interface, compared to UOstuff.

G

Keep in mind, both uoguide and uostuff were player projects, hosted by, and the web design done by 2 different players. The person who created and supported uostuff quit the game, and rather than just pulling the plug, offered the content to the person maintaining uoguide.

I agree, the uostuff site functioned MUCH better in terms of locating information as a knowledge base. It was a straightforward search engine presentation, and the articles simple and easy to navigate, and appeared to be a quick and easy to use wiki in terms of adding and finding info, which is what you want in a wiki.

Perhaps uoguide will improve as it absorbs the considerable info that was contained on uostuff. JCtheBuilder seems pretty open to feedback concerning his site, perhaps you could PM him some suggestions on what you think would make the site more functional. (He requested such feedback in a thread when he began the project from what I recall).

-Skylark