• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

not right not fair

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um... I'm sorry, but I I don't really see the issue? It isn't as though that cave is the only place to mine in game.

And considering all the EMs do just to provide us with some entertainment, I don't feel it fair to cast blame because it might have accidentally inconvenienced you for awhile.

Take a deep breath, and try some other locations. It's just a game in the end, no need to get so upset over it.

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it not a cave, and if you know anything it one of the oldes places in game, it was set to the old minning rule where the vain are the same, only way done there is by run and the fishing down there is old fishing too and Name a place in game were you can walk out of with 1400 or more in peter in a hour,

Okami

Visitor
So the changed the mining veins to match the rest of the game? Pretty sure an EM can't do that.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you considered writing to the EM directly? Given that Foremast is located among the areas used by EMs for their events, it's more than likely that he doesn't know the history and regular usage of the area, and he probably just assumed it was another random cave. I doubt it was an intentional slight. I'm sure if you (and others concerned by this) sent him an e-mail requesting that it be cleaned up after whatever event purpose it's being used for is done, it would facilitate the area being restored to normal.

Gabriel Drachen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
He usually cleans up after he finishes an event anyways. I wouldn't worry too much about it. On the subject of the changing ore, I've mined that location for years and it's always rotating different ore types in locations. The thing is the less it's mined the less it changes. So if any ore spots changed that may be my fault and some of the script miners I've run across in there on occasion haha.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
it not a cave, and if you know anything it one of the oldes places in game, it was set to the old minning rule where the vain are the same, only way done there is by run and the fishing down there is old fishing too and Name a place in game were you can walk out of with 1400 or more in peter in a hour,
Run along the walls north of the Sprituality moongate, hitting the pickaxe about every 8 steps while you run, and you'll get 1400 saltpeter an hour

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you considered writing to the EM directly? Given that Foremast is located among the areas used by EMs for their events, it's more than likely that he doesn't know the history and regular usage of the area, and he probably just assumed it was another random cave. I doubt it was an intentional slight. I'm sure if you (and others concerned by this) sent him an e-mail requesting that it be cleaned up after whatever event purpose it's being used for is done, it would facilitate the area being restored to normal.
he should of know @Lord Bytor ran in the Dark lady aka @Mesanna down there, she talk him for bit about the place

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mare is being passionate about down there. It was and has been a very useful place over the years. No One Likes Change. The dock is now gone along with several of the lock picking chests in the eastern side. You could easily GM lock picking down there and the chests had gold and decent loot at times. I know there are other place for saltpeter but the spawn rate and amount down there was off the hook.

Yes, I did talk to Mesanna down there as she was checking the place out. I was mining at the time. I had asked her if she was going to block it off and said no, now that she knew people used it. Even though it was a Global Event Area across all the shards it was a place that many of us used. Hopefully all the deco and new walls, rocks and etc will decay in time after the Event and we can all use it again. :)

EM place or not, it has served Catskills and it's people well for years and hopefully will remain after. I hate to see useful places fall to the wayside. It is a part of Cats history.

Lord Bytor

Slightly Crazed
Reporter
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay folks, The Dark Queen just got back to me and let me know ALL of Dram's stuff down there will decay. No timeline on when it will. I would imagine in a few weeks. The Dock will probably not come back along with the lock picking chests with some walls and of deco that is gone. I can hope it will but more then likely it will not. I am just glad to hear it will be useful again down there shortly :)