• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Not Gold Sink but EVAPORATION??? Boooooo!!

• Thread starter imported_ColonelKurtz
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_ColonelKurtz

I would like to take this time to thank someone in the UO Department for the 200 mill in game gold that evaporated from my house with this last week's MAJOR BUST of a person paying to play an online game coded by the people charging said fees.

I understand that they also have a disclaimer that if you violate the rules that they have written for a program that they have written you lose your privileges probably before the membership that the person paid for expires.

I am not a cheater, I am a player. Sometimes I pay RL cash for stuff because I don't have endless hours to spend in DOOM to get arties that make the game more exciting for me to play when I do have the time.

I guess you could say that I am bitter that something I bought was taken away from me and my friend from whom I purchased the items is also out because he is man enough to help replace what I lost.

I am just venting, something that I learned from my wife!

I

imported_ColonelKurtz

Yes, I am upset that gold the I purchased that was directly from my friend(not uowoman or uotreasures, RUMORED to have been involved??? Sorry to either if I am wrong) is gone and now i can't buy some things in game that I wanted to buy.

I have no recourse, but my buddy is making good on it.

I guess, next time, I will be sure to re-deed all of the gold.

A

AlanofCats

Well it isnt hard to make 200 mil. And I know the devs would not randomly torpedo 200 mil just for kicks. So the 200 mil had to have been obtained illegally. In any event this isn't the place to discuss it. The fact that you bought it will drive no sympathy from the boards. Although I commend you for your honesty.

Direct contact with EA is your only course from here on out. There could have been an error and you may get redeemed. But I doubt it. Unless you are honestly just venting...

I

imported_ColonelKurtz

So nobody else has reported gold or items disappearing??

They(EA) have done this in the past when they have busted people duping items.

NOBODY else has access to this account/house.

EA removed BILLIONS of game gold the last big bust

I

imported_Fran Fury

<blockquote><hr>

So nobody else has reported gold or items disappearing??

They(EA) have done this in the past when they have busted people duping items.

NOBODY else has access to this account/house.

EA removed BILLIONS of game gold the last big bust

[/ QUOTE ]

Noone has said anything that I have seen. And yes usually when they do a big bust like that it is for dupes and other items obtained in an illegal way.
So I am guessing if anyone else did lose anything they are not going to say anything since they most likely know how the items were got.

I am afraid you will not find a lot of sympathy around here. But if your gold was all legit,I hope you get a response from EA (however unlikely) and the problem is solved.

And to whoever said 200 mil was easy to get...wanna pass some this way?

A

Aboo

<blockquote><hr>

And to whoever said 200 mil was easy to get...wanna pass some this way?

[/ QUOTE ]Can I add my name to that list too?

I

imported_ColonelKurtz

Thanks for the feedback. I am not asking for any sympathy. I am just using this board to explain my displeasure. I have no reason to lie. I a not a duper and I was not buying from a duper, my buddy has a few stores on a few shards and I buy gold from him all of the time. Hence the reason that people spend their time to have the stores.

I guess the dupers buy stuff with their and resell it. hehe Isn't that Gold Laundering?? Maybe the MOB is online??

deadite

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone with access to your house that could have lifted your gold? Would have been the perfect time to pull a fast one I guess, since you would automatically blame the sting operation and not suspect any of your friends.

M

Mystic_Of_Cats

Everyone knows when you receive gold to recycle the checks, regardless of who it comes from. This is exactly why you take the time to recycle checks. :\

D

DrMcguilicudy

<blockquote><hr>

Well it isnt hard to make 200 mil.

[/ QUOTE ]

BS

G

<blockquote><hr>

BS

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed.

G

So you purchased gold from this "friend" let's call him Mr A
All your purchased was gold, not an account or bags of runics or anything like that?
So you buy this 200 million gold and the next day or so Mr A gets banned and all of his itemz are deleted and his luna house is burned down.
You go look and notice that your gold is gone from your own personal bank boxes on your own personal accounts that are in no way connected with Mr A?
Do I have this right now?

J

jullebuk

Since when is there a dupe? I have been led to believe all dupes were fixed ages ago. This whole cry about duping is getting a tad tiresome

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank goodness I wasn't the only one doing a doubletake on the "200 million gc is easy to come by" comment. 200k is a great (and long-term) haul for me.

G

I suppose it would be adding insult to injury to ask whether your game might be more "exciting" without doom artifacts than with them?

I

imported_ColonelKurtz

No, Mr. A is my friend, he has vendors. I buy gold from him. He is not a duper.

The only thing that I am assuming is that this last batch of gold may have exchanged hands through windows vs. his vendor becuase getting gold from the vendors should be the same as cashing checks at the bank and re-checking the gold.

F

Fayled Dhreams

uhhhhh ... by:
"I guess you could say that I am bitter that something I bought was taken away from me and my friend from whom I purchased the items is also out because he is man enough to help replace what I lost."

"I have no recourse, but my buddy is making good on it."

Your saying ... he's NOT giving the money back ... to make it "right" ... right?

Sounds like a "stall" at this point ... to me .. Not enough "info" to buy in on your side.... at the moment... sorry.

"So nobody else has reported gold or items disappearing??"
As in "stacks of millio checks"?
no ...
Rubble ... a while back ... yeah ... a few ...
A few reports of problems locking stuff down ... a few ... again ... awhile ago ... before the House burnings ...
On the whole though .. NO ... no wide spread reports of any "Mysterious Disapearings" ...
ONE report of an "innocent" vendor getting the blackrockflames deletion ...

As others have noted ... it "disapearing" ... sometime after (not clear from your post) sometime after The Day of Destruction ...

not enough data to LINK the two events ...

Contact EA with a query ...
or
get your money back ... from your "friend" ... you MIGHT ... EA CAN'T ... wont ... wasn't a "supported" or "as designed ingame exchange" ...

You go on to say that no-one else had access to your account ...
If true ... more likely you created the dissaperance... or got hit by a bug ...*shrugs* bugs happen ...
<blockquote><hr>

The only thing that I am assuming is that this last batch of gold may have exchanged hands through windows vs. his vendor becuase getting gold from the vendors should be the same as cashing checks at the bank and re-checking the gold.

[/ QUOTE ]
BIG assumption ... not supported by any other reports ...doesn't make sense on its own ... much less as a "cause" of/for "your" 200 millio "poofing" ...

Was it on 2 packies ?(100 each)

FoF
"So, what with all the exploding houses in Luna, I'm a bit worried about my own stuff. Should I be?"

Not if you're not cheating! We're dead serious about banning people who violate our Terms of Service, but we are also committed to careful research and thorough investigation. If you're in danger of getting your house blown to smithereens, trust me, you know about it.

There is one caveat, though (isn't there always?) If you have a vendor on another person's house, and that house gets blown up, your vendor will also suffer a gruesome fate. Vendor contracts are buyer-beware - make sure you know the reputation of that Luna vendor you're about to tie your name to, and be cautious if you don't know them personally. Customer Service will not restore a vendor lost in this manner, nor will they reimburse for losses.

Now ... where was the 200 million that you "Lost" ...

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I guess you could say that I am bitter that something I bought was taken away from me and my friend from whom I purchased the items is also out because he is man enough to help replace what I lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying that when your "friends" house was burned down, he got on another account and gave you what you bought?

Seems like draconi missed some

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Dang I suck at making gold. The most I've ever been able to accumulate is 24 mil and I've been playing for 6 plus years.

G

<blockquote><hr>

No, Mr. A is my friend, he has vendors. I buy gold from him. He is not a duper.

[/ QUOTE ]
For this example lets assume I do not care if your friend dupes or not.
Secondly, I will repeat my specific question in a different way.
You say you purchased 200 mil from Mr A. Is this correct?
The said purchased gold checks have somehow disappeared.
Where were said Gold Checks?
What else do you purchase from Mr A?
How is your account associated with Mr A's account?
Does/Did Mr A have vendors at your personal house on your personal account?
What do the vendors have to do with the gold?

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you sure your account security is not compromised. This would NOT be the first time that someone just loses bunch of gold after getting hacked.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

I would like to take this time to thank someone in the UO Department for the 200 mill in game gold that evaporated from my house with this last week's MAJOR BUST of a person paying to play an online game coded by the people charging said fees.

I understand that they also have a disclaimer that if you violate the rules that they have written for a program that they have written you lose your privileges probably before the membership that the person paid for expires.

I am not a cheater, I am a player. Sometimes I pay RL cash for stuff because I don't have endless hours to spend in DOOM to get arties that make the game more exciting for me to play when I do have the time.

I am just venting, something that I learned from my wife!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would show sympathy for you, but all my tears were exhausted on the people whining that taming in PvP shouldn't be nerfed.

Get over it. You dealt with a known cheater and took the risk.

Wah.

M

Meldurh

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Dang I suck at making gold. The most I've ever been able to accumulate is 24 mil and I've been playing for 6 plus years.

[/ QUOTE ]

12 millions here,playing on DF since the shard exists,of course with breaks,
all in all I think I played about 5 years activly.
I didnt care much about gold,there were times I spent days in the Cyclops dungeon or at the Demon site in Ilshenar where I simply didnt pick
up the gold.

And to the thread starter,you bought gold for rl money ? Booh,lame