• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) "not enough memory" can't log in

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't log into Siege with one of my accounts since a couple of days.
If I try to log in I get past the character selection screen and even see the "Entering Britannia" message. The next thing I see is a pop up telling me this:

"There is not enough memory to continue execution. If you do not have virtual memory enabled, this could be the problem. Otherwise, you may be low on disk space, or may need to increase the ammount of space allocated for virtual memory."

I have more than enough disk space and haven't changed any of my virtual memory settings...

I have been able to log this char in a couple of days ago without any problems.
I can log in other characters on other shards (same account) without any problems at all.
I can also log into Siege with other accounts.
On my other computer I can log in without problems. It's only on this machine and only my Siege char that has this problem...

really strange...

Has anybody ever experienced something similar, or maybe even found a sollution?

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it was long ago but something similar to this happened to me. I logged into my account that I was having the issue with another shard and then paged a GM(I know I know.....Im just say this is what I did). when the GM finally showed up he said they now know what account it was on and asked me the shard I was having the problem on. he got me unstuck at that point and I have been able to log in ever since. if not I would private message a EM and see what the suggest as a course of action. that's all I got, I hope that helps. good luck!!

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had this issue one time when i logged out next to a Tower full of Glacial Staves. had to log on to another character and page the GM like Igg Said. i got that same message.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Which client are you using? And, when was the last time you restarted your machine?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Yer stuck in a pixel vortex. Rebooting the flux capacitor with 1.21 jolt of electricity must be performed by a GM...

;)

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
thats a jiggawatt not a jolt, sad that bo remembers that

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Which client are you using? And, when was the last time you restarted your machine?
I use the classic client and I restarted my machine right after I got the first message and a couple of times since to make sure nothing else was using up all my memory...

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it was long ago but something similar to this happened to me. I logged into my account that I was having the issue with another shard and then paged a GM(I know I know.....Im just say this is what I did). when the GM finally showed up he said they now know what account it was on and asked me the shard I was having the problem on. he got me unstuck at that point and I have been able to log in ever since. if not I would private message a EM and see what the suggest as a course of action. that's all I got, I hope that helps. good luck!!
I'll try my luck with the GMs then. Seeing how I live in Europe I fear my chances will be slim and none to actually see one though :-/

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had this issue one time when i logged out next to a Tower full of Glacial Staves. had to log on to another character and page the GM like Igg Said. i got that same message.
Since I can log in on a different machine I will try to log in on that one and log out somewhere unpopulated...maybe this will solve the problem. *shrugs*

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Try install EC and login with that client, and move char

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try install EC and login with that client, and move char
I already moved the char by loging in with my other computer. Didn't help.

The problem only exists on my ultrabook and only on Siege Perilious...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I already moved the char by loging in with my other computer. Didn't help.

The problem only exists on my ultrabook and only on Siege Perilious...
ok then it must be the desktop files, that is damaged. If you copy the char info from desktop files from other computer to ultrabook, it may work. Evt seach for your account name in your document folder, then go to the Siege folder, copy the folder with char name to ultrabook. I'm at work, so I don't have more correct info

ok home, this is where my char files are placed for Classic client:
C:\Users\Freja\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data\<Account name>\Siege Perilous\Freja

You may want to backup your macros2d.txt first.
The Multicache.dat file look heavy, maybe that's the one, that make you trouble

There are one option more, right click the folder with your char name, choose options, and then the tab for previous versions and gendan one that worked

Last edited:

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't log into Siege with one of my accounts since a couple of days.
If I try to log in I get past the character selection screen and even see the "Entering Britannia" message. The next thing I see is a pop up telling me this:

"There is not enough memory to continue execution. If you do not have virtual memory enabled, this could be the problem. Otherwise, you may be low on disk space, or may need to increase the ammount of space allocated for virtual memory."

I have more than enough disk space and haven't changed any of my virtual memory settings...

I have been able to log this char in a couple of days ago without any problems.
I can log in other characters on other shards (same account) without any problems at all.
I can also log into Siege with other accounts.
On my other computer I can log in without problems. It's only on this machine and only my Siege char that has this problem...

really strange...

Has anybody ever experienced something similar, or maybe even found a sollution?
This will occur when the client is unable to open a file or it can not allocate enough memory to open a file. Please check your the folder settings and available memory.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Did ya ever get this fixed? I hate to see old timers like you have issues... sometimes they just give up.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Didn't really have the time yet. I will post once I got this figured out
While posting this I realized: Hey I do have time now!

so here's what I did. I went to the char's folder just like Freja described and simply deleted it after making a backup copy. Well that was all. Now I can log in with that char again! yay!

Thanks everybody for your advice!

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While posting this I realized: Hey I do have time now!

so here's what I did. I went to the char's folder just like Freja described and simply deleted it after making a backup copy. Well that was all. Now I can log in with that char again! yay!

Thanks everybody for your advice!
YAY!! gold star for freja!!