• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

not able to stay logged in on Official Forums

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone else unable to stay logged into the forums? I cannot post or even IM Mariah. i log out whenever i go into a topic and i get "permissions error" when going back or trying to post something. Any setting i may have changed to do this?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Anyone else unable to stay logged into the forums? I cannot post or even IM Mariah. i log out whenever i go into a topic and i get "permissions error" when going back or trying to post something. Any setting i may have changed to do this?
Well if it's still letting me in..

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Took me four attempts to log in properly this morning, not sure what was up but I logged in 3 times and I wasn't able to see what was new. The fourth time it seemed to work. Maybe just be some kind of glitch.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It finally started working last night. I didn’t change anything it just stayed logged in one of the times I clicked on a thread and has worked since

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It finally started working last night. I didn’t change anything it just stayed logged in one of the times I clicked on a thread and has worked since
I'm having the same issues this morning. As with most things UO owned/operated I figured there is just some issue that will "work itself out" at some point... or maybe it won't and they finally shut everything down. Either way I'm cool with it :D

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I was unable to log in there for last like half year. Lately succeed but this trouble is all because of Great fireWall. And some sites / banner up forum using. Can be your provider troubles too ( like they blocked one of things forum refer to )

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't worry about it ... I've never once logged in to that site.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I always get logged out over there as well not sure why never do here. I sometimes don’t pick up my iPad for months and it’s logged in here

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think it's something different. I logged in, and was "in". I went to one of the pages and was logged out again, several times back and forth. So I clicked to log in again, and was logged in, without having to reenter my account OR password information. Something is very odd there.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
the website has been down for a little while now
I'm still having problems logging in; same as Keith describes where I enter my credentials and "sign in" but soon as I click a thread it tells me I need to sign in again. I click sign in and it signs me in without entering credentials but as soon as I try to post or click another page it acts like I'm not signed in.

Is there as way to "sign out" manually?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still having problems logging in; same as Keith describes where I enter my credentials and "sign in" but soon as I click a thread it tells me I need to sign in again. I click sign in and it signs me in without entering credentials but as soon as I try to post or click another page it acts like I'm not signed in.

Is there as way to "sign out" manually?
Yes
1674304089315.png

gwen

Slightly Crazed
This is what I am getting on my phone every time and I was getting it on my laptop for last 6or so months. Just recently managed to log in on laptop.

It is like half of request to server is lost somewhere on the way .

Attachments

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think it's something different. I logged in, and was "in". I went to one of the pages and was logged out again, several times back and forth. So I clicked to log in again, and was logged in, without having to reenter my account OR password information. Something is very odd there.
Pretty much exactly what happened to me, now I can't log in at all, apparently a security issue, not sure Russians are that interested in UO but who knows... :eyes:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It works fine if tell it to stop warning you. Can also log off and on.

Only 1 new post since yesterday, so u not missing anything.

I made a thread telling them. But, I assume they would notice when they try to access the site.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think this happens every year at this time. Their SSL certificate expires and they gotta get a new one.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I guess auto renew isn’t an option :)
Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. Typically if you get your certs from the same place you get your domain, it's easy to auto renew because they can verify ownership of the domain easily. If you choose to use a different Certificate Authority for whatever reason, you often have to manually change out the certificates, update your whois info, and prove ownership of the domain. There are a few ways to do this, some are easier than others.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya and I’m sure They don’t even know if they’ll make it another year so why both ;)

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The timing is convenient as well :eyes:
After putting out the newsletter that’s going to piss a lot of people off and they don’t want a lot negative remarks on the “official” forums.

I think I just saw a UFO

:shots:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The timing is convenient as well :eyes:
After putting out the newsletter that’s going to piss a lot of people off and they don’t want a lot negative remarks on the “official” forums.

I think I just saw a UFO

:shots:
Either way it's embarrassing..i know paddy cakes it's the weekend...but we live in work remote world and seems like they've had months off

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Eh, I'm supposed to do some stuff for my boss this weekend, but she didn't ask me until after 5 on Friday. It can wait until Monday.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its the Certs. They didn't renew them. I checked they're with GoDaddy.com. Geez its not even that hard.

Where I work we have 100X more cert and other security stuff and we always renew on time.

Most browsers and security software now days is auto configured to block websites with expired Certs.

This just another example of Mesanna's [SARCASM] Outstanding Leadership Abilities[/SARCASM].

Can you imagine if where I work did something like that and people couldn't check their bank accounts!
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can you imagine if where I work did something like that and people couldn't check their bank accounts!
In all fairness, there's quite a bit of difference between accessing one's bank account and accessing a forum where people go to whine about a 25 year old video game. I thought that perhaps this might be a good weekend for some folks to take a break from their whining, but nah... they just skip all the warnings and send their account passwords anyway.

And before I am corrected, and for people's information: It is not necessarily unsafe to interact with a website with an expired certificate. The traffic is still likely being encrypted, there is just no way to verify that communication is not being intercepted along the way. It's probably fine, I wouldn't do it, but if whining about old video games is that important... yeah, it's probably fine.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In all fairness, there's quite a bit of difference between accessing one's bank account and accessing a forum where people go to whine about a 25 year old video game. I thought that perhaps this might be a good weekend for some folks to take a break from their whining, but nah... they just skip all the warnings and send their account passwords anyway.

And before I am corrected, and for people's information: It is not necessarily unsafe to interact with a website with an expired certificate. The traffic is still likely being encrypted, there is just no way to verify that communication is not being intercepted along the way. It's probably fine, I wouldn't do it, but if whining about old video games is that important... yeah, it's probably fine.
Except you can't sign in so now i have to whine twice as much here .

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Well said! :hahaha:

I was just going to post "I wonder how many people bypassed the security warning". It's probably fine to bypass the warning but to your point I'm not really in any hurry to read the posts so I'll wait until everything is squared away on their end.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well said! :hahaha:

I was just going to post "I wonder how many people bypassed the security warning". It's probably fine to bypass the warning but to your point I'm not really in any hurry to read the posts so I'll wait until everything is squared away on their end.
I don't worry about it because I don't have an active account right now.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have active accounts, but I refuse to ever post on that forum...

First, because I'm sure to get banned from stating the obvious as they don't like to hear it...

Secondly, because I'm not about to praise and treat them with kid gloves because they are too overly sensitive to handle truths... And can't take criticism. Not my problem... theirs.

And finally ... honestly... I don't think they really even read their own web forum... barely... they certainly don't bother posting on it for much of anything... I've played many, many, many other games... none of which are this horrible at communicating things to their players base save maybe Ubisoft with Horse Haven and their complete denial of any wrongdoings... and ignoring people who have problems they refuse to acknowledge... and I quit playing that game... just not dealing with that.

IMO if they don't step up and start treating players better they could lose them... however, they seem to know that most of what's left of the players will stay no matter how awful they treat them or how horribly they do their "jobs"... as in doing the absolute barest of minimum to keep going.