• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Normal Colored Hiryu No Taming or Bush Needed

Turles (UHOH)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I was going through old accounts after making enough gold an Ive come upon a Hiryu take doesn't need any taming to be controlled or transferred any idea why or what it might be worth. thanks in advance.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You sure this is an "old" hiryu? It may be one of the rewards from the Ant Queen, they do not take any skill to ride. Color of the hiryu will determine this.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hit it with an ai, or a flamestrike and see if it dies in one hit, or animal lore it and check its hit points and resists. It defo an ant queen reward imop, never heard of such a thing

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is this a hiryu, or lesser hiryu? can it be ridden with no bush, or just controled. all lesser hiryus used to be able to be controlled with no bush. not sure if they still can be.

could you post some screenshots of the stats? or at least list them?

Turles (UHOH)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
http://oi63.***********/11ltws4.jpg

Normal colored Hiryu. 1 control slot. (Not sure what it looks like in EC, I don't use it. Normal I would assume)

I am aware of the Sakkhran Bird of Prey (posted below of the 4 colors).

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiryu Hiryu - Hunter's Guide - UO Stratics
Taming Notes: Requires 4 Control Slots.
Stats drop when tamed.
Hit Points Minimum: 900
Lesser Hiryu Lesser Hiryu - Hunter's Guide - UO Stratics
Taming Notes: Requires 3 Control Slots.
Stats drop when tamed.
Hit Points Stamina Minimum: 400
I think you will find out it is just a renamed Sakkhran Bird of Prey. Its stats are no where close to either Hiryu

It is 1 control slot, and a normal color (none of the 4 listed). It isn't a Sakkhran Bird of Prey unless then made un-colored ones and no one else bothered to mention it or put it on UOGuide. I agree it isn't a lesser (now anyways) but somewhere along the line it had to of been and got changed or something? Idk.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trade it to someone and lets see what the System says it is.

IDK what you mean? That could be easily doable though. Trade it to someone who has more than 2 control slots and 0 taming. If it the window comes up, then it is what the picture says, right? IDK what you are insinuating about the seller exactly.

Turles (UHOH)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
http://oi63.***********/2w4mzw5.jpg

This is the screenie from my end. (sorry about horrible quality. Did it quick)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hiryu.jpg
System says it is a Hiryu and as you can see I have a blue bug taking up 3 slots and the system would have allowed the transfer. Also you can see that I have 0 Taming and Bush. I would call this a one of a kind pet for any collector out there collecting unusual pets.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe someone can help out with a price check now lol. Thanks @Lord Frodo for assisting in the confirmation.
Keep calm and check its stats!! Donkey stats exceptionally taking 3 slots!

Thats what a normal lesser hiyru looks like:

Your dunkirue got 109hp, and it will die to one or two lightnings, bad dex not sure if it can even run :p

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I remember a time after SE launch when pets lost hit points when they crossed a server line and would not get them back. I wonder if this one could be a result of that bug? ... and maybe the control slots auto-dropped as the hit points got significantly lower???

That would be my best guess...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keep calm and check its stats!! Donkey stats exceptionally taking 3 slots!

Thats what a normal lesser hiyru looks like:

Your dunkirue got 109hp, and it will die to one or two lightnings, bad dex not sure if it can even run :p
Look at post # 7 and 15. We all know what it looks like but its stats and control slots do not show as a Hiryu of any kind and the simple fact that post #15 shows that the system would allow the trade with me having no Taming or Bush to control the pet and seeing that I already had 3 control slots taken by my BUG proves that it took 2 or less slots to accept this pet. If this were a normal Hiryu or even a Lesser Hiryu the fact I didn't have enough skill or enough slots open would have denied the trade to begin with. You can rename a pet anything you want but the system will always show you what the pet is and give you a lore page on it and you can see the system said it was a Hiryu and not a lesser Hiryu. This is one of those UO head scratchers that is going to take a DEV or someone that has one to explain.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Collectors are weird! i dont see any use for this at all, i would simply release it and skin it if it were mine

Turles (UHOH)

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well one last Bump 350mil obo need gold to turn on other accounts come on guy help a guy out while buying a very rare pet to add to your collection.

Last edited:

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
350m rare pet? U mean useless bug and 0 benefit? Absolutely nothing good about hue or stats with horse hit points, somebody please kill me!