• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Noob type Question from "old" vet

G

grandpa otis

And I mean "REALLY" old vet
What template is there that would benefit from spending 100-120 pts on magic resist AND I thought I read someplace several yrs ago of some kind of "bonus" for a Bard that had GM in all 4 skill areas??

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1)Mage templates primarily, but really any template that requires consistent use of mana, and what template doesn't, will benefit from resist in pvp. Once it is discovered you are pvping without resist then you will forever be target for mana vamp, but most other effects of resist can be duplicated through other means.

2)Unless I am quite mistaken you are thinking of barding changes as proposed prior to publish 16 being released. Bards never got group effects and to the best of my knowledge never recieved any kind of benefit beyond the bump effect of music skill above 100 to high end mobs in combination with the actual targeted skill being attempted.

Oh, unless you count the use of the firehorn drop which does take ttl barding skill points into consideration when calculating damage, but it is generally considered not worth the cost vs damage for use. Even at 480 bard skill points.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Resist is really only good for pvp imo. Using it on a pvm char just is a waste, and can be countered with pots or other buffs.

G

grandpa otis

Thanks for the replies,
Since the last time I had any "pvp" experience was when my grandson belatedly warned me NOT to turn gray by trying to peek in a corpse along the road and I was "PKed" way back in '99', I guess there is no good reason for me to add resist to any of my templates? No, I think the last time I was "PKed" was a week later when tht "nice" guy GAVE me a really super katana and told me to test it out by whacking him and seeing how it nearly killed him on one blow! Needless to say he got his weapon back while I was hunting a healer :(