• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Noob Question From a Young Veteran

G

I've played UO for about a year and a half, and now I want to add another account. Do I have to go through the 14 day free trial, or is there some other way to do it? Couldn't find anything on the account info page, or the knowledge base. I don't have a new player code or anything. When the trial ends, does it just ask if I wish to subscribe?

G

If you can find a 9th Anniversary Disc, it's sometimes cheaper than the EA price.

I purchased mine from a bulk software seller on Ebay. About $20 I think, with a month of game time, a new account code, and an existing account upgrade code. The extra Upgrade code is nice to have around in case you should acquire an old account, or have a friend return and need one.

I'm always trying to save money where I can. So just another option. *smiles*

G

'true. Or if a friend has a new account code from an upgrade box you could get them to give to you...

G

hehe. Having a, "Young" account, with a Vet account is just plain Wrong. But I did not make the rules. "the Young, Great Lord Sir Noob". I even used to lock skills at 349.9 just to make sure i stayed, Young.

ps: The 40 hour timer does not work, it is a lot longer than that before you lose Young status. The bad part is, when you log in, and it says you have 21 hours left as a Young, You will get NO warning before everything that was just standing there watching you kill that Fan dancer, starts attacking you.

T

Tazar

Be sure to "refer" yourself on the new account so that you will get the referral bonus prize!

C

Cygnas

<blockquote><hr>

hehe. Having a, "Young" account, with a Vet account is just plain Wrong. But I did not make the rules. "the Young, Great Lord Sir Noob". I even used to lock skills at 349.9 just to make sure i stayed, Young.

ps: The 40 hour timer does not work, it is a lot longer than that before you lose Young status. The bad part is, when you log in, and it says you have 21 hours left as a Young, You will get NO warning before everything that was just standing there watching you kill that Fan dancer, starts attacking you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have several characters on several shards that I started and never finished... these characters are now 10 years old and still have the "Young" title. The downside is I don't get the Christmas / Valentine reward (hmm... that's a downside?) but I do still have the Christmas '97 rewards on some.