• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No new ridables?

U

UltimaSword

Did they say no new ridables in SA? that is disappointing hopefully they will have some cool new pets though.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope there aren't any gargy only pets coming out. But I wouldn't be surprised ;)

I don't mind a lack of mounts, as long as we don't follow the trend of 5 slot uber pets, I'll quite happily ride an ethy or frenzy alongside whatever comes along. Or run if it comes to it. But the non-taming community is so anti tamers with strong pets that I sincerely hope EA have the sense to not land us with another uber pet. I vote for modest but cool. Maybe even a new pack critter, or 2 slotter.

But what I really want is a big cat, ideally rideable in memory of Cathat :) I think that would be cool and well deserved. And if we got a 1 slot pack cat rideable I'd head up my cat pack in style heh.

Wenchy

S

Sarphus

If you had wings, would you go around riding on things?
Good point :)

I hope there aren't any gargy only pets coming out. But I wouldn't be surprised

I don't mind a lack of mounts, as long as we don't follow the trend of 5 slot uber pets, I'll quite happily ride an ethy or frenzy alongside whatever comes along. Or run if it comes to it. But the non-taming community is so anti tamers with strong pets that I sincerely hope EA have the sense to not land us with another uber pet. I vote for modest but cool. Maybe even a new pack critter, or 2 slotter.

But what I really want is a big cat, ideally rideable in memory of Cathat I think that would be cool and well deserved. And if we got a 1 slot pack cat rideable I'd head up my cat pack in style heh.
Well. One of the new summon spells is a 4 slotter and the other is a 5 slotter. Fortunately, you need 3 skills maxed out to fully capitalize on those 2 summons, so I think they will be pretty balanced.

I'm hoping the new tameables will be balanced too. Of course, the balance of those lies on us. We have to speak up during the beta if something is out of whack.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah i wish they would bring out some new 1 slot pack animals. I've had my pack of 5 hellcats for years and i love them to bits, so much more fun to hunt with etc. But i'd like other cool pack animals too. I wish lava lizards had pack bonus, i'd get a pack of them straight away!

If they do bring out a big pet though! Would be cool to have a 3/4 slots like big king kong gorilla pet :p

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mmm pack monkeys... now those could have some fun special attacks lol. Stealing fruit from players, throwing said fruit back again... I'm sure there's plenty more ;)

Wenchy

H

Hungry Cheetah

they should make something that can pair up with the fire steed, that might make them a little more worthwhile. something along the lines of a deamon type that could be ridable.