• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] No More EM Sashes?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
At the Governor Meeting tonight on Atlantic, one of the newer governor asked King Blackthorn, played by EM Amaris, if special sashes with Governor titles could be made. While not directly answering the question in the middle of the meeting to avoid breaking character, in the meeting aftermath, Amaris hung around and told us the Mesanna will not allow any further EM Sashes to be commissioned.

Screen shot of conversation is below (apologies on color of conversation if difficult to read) :
Capture.PNG

Not sure if this was already known yet but figured I would post here in case its news to anyone. Sounds to me like Mesanna has put an end to the program of new EMs being able to give out sashes.

Last edited:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
yes, that is correct.
we had asked for her sash ever since she appeared on the shard and was told that.

i think EM Rawiya's was the last EM to get a sash.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really liked the sashes. I keep all of the ones from my favorite EM's. The only thing I can think of that would irk the devs, is people cutting them for cloth. But the solution would be to just make them blessed.

Loriel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I really liked the sashes. I keep all of the ones from my favorite EM's. The only thing I can think of that would irk the devs, is people cutting them for cloth. But the solution would be to just make them blessed.
Not sure how come they would care about people cutting them for cloth as it’s just another fun part of the game. I actually spoke to the Atlantic EM last year and he told me they had put a non recycle script on all new sashes just so they couldn’t be cut which would then obviously solve this “problem” so not sure how come they’ve decided to stop doing them altogether.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I loved the sashes, now they do drop events for their anniversaries, which I find distasteful as only a handful of people get the item.

I spoke with our EM about picking up where our old EM left off doing the Origin Royal Guard but he's not allowed to give sashes for that either anymore.

1708953883373.png

Or things like this (This is on Siege)

It's sad, really and no real explanation has been given as to why that is.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ours saId no sashes when he began. But did not say why.

Also no Britannia Royal Guard pieces of armor after a year of participation.

They were collectable in sash form also.

Bad decision IMO.

Sadie-

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes, that is correct.
we had asked for her sash ever since she appeared on the shard and was told that.

i think EM Rawiya's was the last EM to get a sash.
Cinderella is correct Sonoma's EM Rawiya was the last EM to get a sash and her sash was one of the "non-recyclable" ones that could not be cut up even though it did not come blessed.

After EM Rawiya for the next few EMs that came into the program they stated they couldn't give sashes because the reward thing was broken, or various other excuses. I believe the first EM that commented on it being officially over, and don't quote me on this, was EM Petrichor and he said that there wouldn't be any sashes for him.

My personal speculation is that her sash was a test run to allow the sash system to be continued but more than likely as the trend it seems with some people in the game. Entitlement won out and people E-mailed Mesanna complaining about it not being able to be cut up because it was a color that is otherwise unobtainable if I recall correctly... and as we know from other incidents, people complaining about Oceania getting multiple rewards a month, because the EM was working overtime on his own time without getting paid for it, or many other nice things we had that people complained about. They get taken away because Mesanna doesn't want to deal with complaint emails. Thats just my personal speculation from watching what EM's have said or things that have happened over the past year and a half.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
EM Petrichor and he said that there wouldn't be any sashes for him.
Yes he told us that when he came to LS. Mesannas normal way to handle complaints of unfairness is to end the whole thing. Like taking deco down and memorials.