• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No Moongate on Haven

K

kantoska

So I have spent an hour trying to find the moongate on haven, but cant seem to find one!! Help?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Some people did corrected files for UOAM, since the creator no longer supports it.

If you search around, you can find them, but we haven't been able to get "yes" or "no" answer as to their legality (the most important part of it is a simple hex-edit or two of the UOAM program, but such changes are against the letter of the UO Pro license that UOAM operates under, though well within the spirit intended for the program). The actual location markers on the map, though, are perfectly legit (so if one wanted to, one could change the markers in UOAM with the old map - just overlayed on old Haven so that the terrain no longer matches).

D

Dragonchilde

Yeah, I'm having the same problem with the .zip.

Thanks for the links, Petra!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IIRC, the changes to the .exe were to allow UOAM to build the maps from the UO folder, using the new map names/locations.

So, if you get the maps from a zip like that, make sure to never have UOAM "rebuild" the Trammel map.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those files are from my pc. I apologise for the screwed up zip file. I've now replaced it.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So where do we extract these? The UOAM folder or a UO folder? Thanks for posting the .zip!

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there an easy way to edit the file so that the old points no longer show? I have both the old and new Haven points on my map. Also is there a file that adds the names and points to the Tokuno Islands?

Thanks

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't seem to get this to work. I've downloaded Petra's files, as well as the ones from Fileplanet and extracted them into my UOAM folder. The New Haven labels will show up fine, and the common.map works great to get rid of the old labels, but it's still the same (wrong) map. I've followed FilePlanet's instructions to go into the Trammel map settings and click ok to rerender the maps but still no good. The actual bmp files are displaying the correct (new) New Haven... UOAM just doesn't display them.. it still displays the old map files (which were overwritten by the new ones.) Any suggestions? Thanks!