• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No macros on logging in - becareful

Shannow

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Just logged in.
Had to tick some box about accepting terms
Once on the game, screen had reset, skills list too and all my macros had vanished.
Rather dangerous, depending on the safety of where you logged out.
PS 2D version
havent tried another char/acc yet, but guess the same will apply for all.
Can't wait to redo my mystic mage macros grrrrrrrrr

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I had the same thing happen just close the client and restart computer and everything was fine again. I couldnt get it to save new macros at all.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had numerous characters do the same thing yesterday and today.

I logged my main in yesterday and even the desktop was wiped out. Totally blank.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Fairly sure that's all stored locally. What did you install that screwed with your files?

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
They applied a erver side patch yesterday but didn't announce what they did - someone ask for clarity

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know it's all stored locally. Doesn't change the fact that I logged in my oldest character to nothing but his paperdoll and backpack.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Mine was a few days ago, was going to do a shrine and tried to add some emergency macros but they couldnt save and then client crashed. But after computer restart it was all back to normal.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is something I learned many years ago, simply Copy/Backup the EA Games folder in your My Documents folder every so often. That has ALL your settings, certainly from a CC perspective.

On that, if you create a new character, for those that do, simply copy the Desktop.uos and the Macros.2d to your new characters folder and the screen layout and the macros will be the same as the character you copied them from.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
They applied a erver side patch yesterday but didn't announce what they did - someone ask for clarity
looks like they wiped TC.
I copied a char over to TC, when they asked for feedback.
That character isn't there now.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've logged that character in twice today to get BODs. Nothing irregular about either time. Logged in, collected BODs, logged out.

Logged in to get BODs again to a blank desktop.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if it still happens, but one time when I logged in I accidentally got a space in the middle of my account name. It recognised the account and logged me in, but my pc didn't. I had no desktop.

Something to try if it happens, log out totally and re-type the whole thing, account name and password.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
this would happen to me after some kind of up date or patch/pub. when I logged in to a char that lost all macros and the pulled out spells, I learned to revert my computer. I would only lose one chars macros/spells, if I didn't revert and logged in other chars, they also would lose their macros ect… this happened with classic client.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
this would happen to me after some kind of up date or patch/pub. when I logged in to a char that lost all macros and the pulled out spells, I learned to revert my computer. I would only lose one chars macros/spells, if I didn't revert and logged in other chars, they also would lose their macros ect… this happened with classic client.
Happens to me all the time, I found if I properly log out and use "quit" instead of xing out it happens far less.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone found a fix to this yet? Just this past week it started on my pc also. Only it's every time I log in now. Any help?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
well add me to the list.
just had this happen on my 2nd comp that i use as my slave comp.
was my primary account on my primary player.
logged in and just like Zane above i was greeted with a black screen devoid of all my stuff.
thankfully i run the same templates on every shard so i just dipped into the folder and copied over a mirror of another shard for that template and i was off and going.
but, question is why is this randomly hitting?
since this is happening to people on a increasing basis i would have to think this is a bug.
has anyone submitted a ticket for this yet?