• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No door on top/roof of Tower, can someone get in?

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make sure nothing is set to anyone can access, and don't place those in siege or fel. All I have to say.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I placed a Tower yesterday, Tower - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia, and did not look closely beforehand but now see that there's no door on the top/roof. Can another player enter the house by 'flying' in some way to the roof?

Thank you for your time and assistance.
What do you mean "there is no door on the top/roof"? If it is a large tower, which is the info you posted the link for, it has stairs to the roof.

Bsrlin

Adventurer
Yes when I walk from inside I can climb interior stairs to the top...but the opening that leads out to the top level (roof area?--not sure what to call it) has no door...so if someone gains access to the very top they could walk in and down the stairs and not be hindered by the regular door at the bottom level, and gain access to interior even if it's set to private. Hope I phrased it correctly.
What do you mean "there is no door on the top/roof"? If it is a large tower, which is the info you posted the link for, it has stairs to the roof.
Thinking I will change house type now, after reading the replies in this thread...not liking the open access from the top. Was tired/lazy when I put it down and did not feel liking building the house piece by piece.

Thank you all for replies.

Last edited:

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes when I walk from inside I can climb interior stairs to the top...but the opening that leads out to the top level (roof area?--not sure what to call it) has no door...so if someone gains access to the very top they could walk in and down the stairs and not be hindered by the regular door at the bottom level, and gain access to interior even if it's set to private. Hope I phrased it correctly.

Thinking I will change house type now, after reading the replies in this thread...not liking the open access from the top. Was tired/lazy when I put it down and did not feel liking building the house piece by piece.

Thank you all for replies.
I see what you were saying now. Sorry, it was my confusion. Someone explained to me how it could be done, too.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Wasn't there something about people standing under a wing of the tower then using a mechanic that popped them up to the roof which allowed them to then enter?

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Isnt there a way build walls doors with masonry skill. It would allow yer seal frank bough such insecurities should yer jellied eel roused to do eit.

ChelseyEvilElf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, yes you can always get into a tower unless u place something unpassable on each of the side tower wrungs. Say like garden beds. Otherwise you walk 4 spaces against the right wall, then 2 spaces to your right. Cast Energy field on yourself, then throw a gate to a place far far away, Walk through said gate, Walk back through gate to tower. Bamn you can see everything in that tower! This is a game glitch,