• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No Dismount Macro

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only way I was able to do this was to single click myself to set myself as the target and then hit a macro to "use selected target".

Also the left control button sucks ass.

Thirdly no equip last weapon macro.

Fix those and I'm sold.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ohhhhhh :) I'll hush up now and go see if anyone's talkin' about flowers or candles or sumpin :blushing:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only way I was able to do this was to single click myself to set myself as the target and then hit a macro to "use selected target".
Lynk, can you provide a step-by-step breakdown of your UO or UO Assist dismount and remount macros and whatever other macros you use in combination with them? That information may be helpful to the engineers to come up with new macro and/or action options OR provide an explanation of the best way to accomplish what you are trying to replicate in SA.

Also, how many weapons do you usually carry while you're out PvPing and are they one-handed or two-handed? Someone else may have come up with some alternatives for the equipment swapping situation.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The biggest advantage of UOAssist is it allows you to "Use Item" and set a specific value for a macro.

For UOAssist you just record double clicking yourself while on mount. When you push it it will dismount you. For remounting you record a macro of double clicking your mount.

I was able to make a 'mount' macro in the SA Client by using "Select Nearest Follower", "Use Selected Object". The only issue with that is if I hit the macro while in war mode I attack my horse (and it isn't good practice to attack a dreadmare while pvping). The macro really should be Go To Peace, Select Nearest Follower, Use Selected Object.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to make a 'mount' macro in the SA Client by using "Select Nearest Follower", "Use Selected Object". The only issue with that is if I hit the macro while in war mode I attack my horse (and it isn't good practice to attack a dreadmare while pvping). The macro really should be Go To Peace, Select Nearest Follower, Use Selected Object.
In actions under the combat section, they have three actions, war/peace, war, and peace so this should be easy enough to do right?

C

Cloak&Dagger

In actions under the combat section, they have three actions, war/peace, war, and peace so this should be easy enough to do right?
I am not completely sure, considering how well SA handles most things, if it would be as quick or as smooth as just "mount/dismount".

O

Old Man of UO

Also the left control button sucks ass.

Thirdly no equip last weapon macro.

Fix those and I'm sold.
I'm not sure what you mean by "the left control button sucks ass." Details?

As far as your other two comments, those are good suggestions that I hope you supplied in the feedback to EA.

O

Old Man of UO

It doesn't work all the time.
AHH... KR does that too. Now I understand what you meant.

In KR, I have the Hide macro as Ctrl-H, and Invis Self as H. Sometimes when I press Ctrl-H it casts Invis instead.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And I know it's not my keyboard, I used the same hotkeys that I do in 2D and it is unreliable.

That's a pretty big deal to me, along with the other 2 issues.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it's easy enough to do.. thats why I did it and it wasn't in my list of issues that need to be fixed.

Why post this as a question?

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it's easy enough to do.. thats why I did it and it wasn't in my list of issues that need to be fixed.

Why post this as a question?
Excuse me for misunderstanding your previous post. I thought you just had the macro without the peace option and were asking how to do it without attacking your nightmare. When you said "The macro really should be" I thought that was a request for a feature or something. I phrased the post in the form of a question because I thought perhaps you had found a problem with the "Peace" action.
Didn't mean to offend in any way.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a bit temperamental. You have to be sure to push ctrl then the other, not both together. I learned, after several unfortunate accidents, to push the keys with a rocking motion so that I got the order right, but then I'm a bit simple like that.

O

Old Man of UO

It's a bit temperamental. You have to be sure to push ctrl then the other, not both together. I learned, after several unfortunate accidents, to push the keys with a rocking motion so that I got the order right, but then I'm a bit simple like that.
There is one thing that everyone should be aware of because of this, and something I learned from "experience" using KR with this same behavior. Be careful of which macros and spells you bind to similar keys.

Example:
Poison Spell > Current Target bound to P key
Great Heal Spell > Current Target bound to Ctrl-P key

If you want to heal yourself using Ctrl-P and it doesn't register the control key, you will poison yourself instead of healing.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Especially if you don't have the macros set up to go to a cursor. I noticed many of the spells will default to 'Stored Target' and you have to convert them to go to a cursor every time.

O

Old Man of UO

Especially if you don't have the macros set up to go to a cursor. I noticed many of the spells will default to 'Stored Target' and you have to convert them to go to a cursor every time.
By the way, if you haven't already figured it out (or those who haven't tried yet), you can use that for emergency recall to the bank, home, or other safe spot. You just set up a recall/sacred journey spell and use your rune book as the stored target.

Recall > Stored Target> Rune Book with default location saved