• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

No advanced warning given, but Buc's black market no longer functioning

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ouch. I saved enough for a few statues.

I could see the beacons and crates going away now. But they should leave the pirate for a while.

wow that is really messed up, so your telling me that a person who farmed 20 million points wasted his entire playtime cause now he cant buy anything? and with no warning? what about the new players who just came back to game and hadn't had a chance to try the event because of the halloween/thanksgiving/christmas events and now will never get to enjoy the content cause it was removed and without even so much as a warning, and whats even worse is the question was asked of the devs a while back and one of them specifically stated that it would NOT be going away, I would look for the post but I don't know how to go about it.what a way to slap the players in the face.

\
actually I found the post it is on the UO forums discussion/comment/34468/#Comment_34468

halfway down the first page Mariah states that not all of the content was going to go away that some of it was permanent etc there was a lengthy discussion on it that led me to believe that after all the holiday craziness I would be able to enjoy the content and get me some tritons, or other things that I may have wanted, I guess I was wrong

Last edited:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wow that is really messed up, so your telling me that a person who farmed 20 million points wasted his entire playtime cause now he cant buy anything? and with no warning? what about the new players who just came back to game and hadn't had a chance to try the event because of the halloween/thanksgiving/christmas events and now will never get to enjoy the content cause it was removed and without even so much as a warning, and whats even worse is the question was asked of the devs a while back and one of them specifically stated that it would NOT be going away, I would look for the post but I don't know how to go about it.what a way to slap the players in the face.
You realize this could be and most likely is a bug right?

IF that is the case then I apologize I am a newly returned player and I am not used to UO Bugs, but in other games that I have played over the years I have never seen an entire series of content "PAID CONTENT" included just up and disappear, I understand the concept that part of the event was the paid for content like the ships themselves and the pirates, but I wasnt aware that the actual Black Market vendor for which the whole High Seas content revolves around was not permanent. MAYBE we will get lucky and it will get fixed, IF NOT then I forsee tritons becoming like Banes where the returning player has no hope of ever owning one unless they fork out hundreds of millions of gold.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IF that is the case then I apologize I am a newly returned player and I am not used to UO Bugs, but in other games that I have played over the years I have never seen an entire series of content "PAID CONTENT" included just up and disappear,

World of warcraft had this very same issue today: A bug caused the rated PvP season to end unannounced + early.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think it's a bug, as i recall the debate, the beacons would stay for the city turn in points, but most of the rewards would go away.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Going to agree with @Dot_Warner and @Promathia. This is just merely a bug as Kyronix has stated, i believe numerous times, that advanced warning would be given. I have faith the dev team will fix this issue once they return from vacation.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the devs are still on vacation, it's probably a bug.
It danged well BETTER be a bug!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hours upon hours of gathering chests and accumulating during the whole time and now I can't redeem my points? Ridiculous!

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just turned in some crates and, while the Pirate took them and told me I had x points, he has nothing for sale.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Year ended and the vendor was a content for 2019, somewhere someone set a date in there to end at end of year for some activity that ended the vendors sale list.