• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

nm

• Thread starter Soul Collector
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cannot make others lie. As youve all said so many times. We make our own choices and have to live with them.

Also, who accualy believed me? It was an ongoing joke. Everyone knew I did it.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
grr... forum lawers.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont have the 15 mil. I sold it not to long ago literally to buy cat food and diapers. I have about 3 mil to my name. Orbi if you realy hurting I would donate a million to you. The money never came from Diablow though im sorry to say as its all gone.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cannot make others lie. As youve all said so many times. We make our own choices and have to live with them.

Also, who accualy believed me? It was an ongoing joke. Everyone knew I did it.
Sad to say but I believed you, even defended you - voted against your removal from WCB, said there wasn't enough proof.

So I'm either gullible or I try to have faith in the honesty of people. Either way, shame on me.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Don't beat your self up Vortex... Many of us have been there.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad to say but I believed you, even defended you - voted against your removal from WCB, said there wasn't enough proof.

So I'm either gullible or I try to have faith in the honesty of people. Either way, shame on me.
See now I feel bad.

Sorry chief, kinda just saw it all as an ongoing joke to poke at Diablo for getting a taste of his own medicine.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*shrugs* Roland, you put yourself on "that list".

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See now I feel bad.

Sorry chief, kinda just saw it all as an ongoing joke to poke at Diablo for getting a taste of his own medicine.
I'll take that as a genuine apology. I hope it was. Thank you.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was.

Hey man im a jackass. Simple as that. Ya it started as a joke. Robbing people isnt my thing but Diablo deserves everything he gets. Simple as that.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Roland... I am not saying you will never get beyond this. This is a very forgiving shard.

B

Bruin

As did I.

B

Bruin

At the end of the day -

Diablo scammed Orbi.

Roland scammed Diablo.

What's the difference? Had Roland scammed Diablo in order to return the money to Orbi, fine, but that didn't happen. Roland scammed Diablo and kept the proceeds of the scam for his own personal benefit. I'm not sure how that makes Roland any better than Diablo.

E

Essence of Siege

Re: OT: This place is ran by Shalimar, come check it out...

I get what you are saying but really your analogy does not match what happened.
True, it's a bit of a stretch, so how about this: You admitted what Roland did was wrong, heck he even made REAL LIFE profit off the gold, he admits it himself. So since he is now a scammer, does someone get to scam him since he kept the money he received from Diablo and didn't use it to help anyone Diablo scammed? If someone scams him and gives the money to Orbi or Duke, does that make it justified and would they receive your support? As I said previously, where does it stop?

But Bruin said it best and people got hung up on my analogy: A scammer is a scammer. I don't qualify it with 'justified.' If Roland had turned around and told Diablo he would 'buy back' what Diablo took from Orbi I'd be more inclined to overlook it. Fact of the matter is he did not.

So at the end of the day we still have two scammers. We've also put out the message that we condone scamming if it's done for a 'good' reason.

Finally, do you *REALLY* think Diablo learned any lesson from this? Obviously not, as he went on to Scam Orbi, and as I stated prior, the cycle continues.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't trust Diablo with a sack of crap to take the garbage can, he's a punk-ass pancake who does deserve a kick in the teeth. But a kick in the teeth does not equal a scam for me.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even if id given the gold back id still be a scammer so technically your making it ok to scam if you scam from a scammer and give the gold to people that got scammed by the scammer?

P.S. In all honesty. I realy wish Orbi had posted sooner. I would have loved to have given the money to him. I got tired of sitting on it and needed cash IRL so thats that.

E

Essence of Siege

It was.

Robbing people wasn't my thing but Diablo deserves everything he gets.
Fixed it for you.

That's the problem with what you did, it calls into question what you'll do if you take issue with what your trade partner has done in game.

E

Essence of Siege

Even if id given the gold back id still be a scammer so technically your making it ok to scam if you scam from a scammer and give the gold to people that got scammed by the scammer?

P.S. In all honesty. I realy wish Orbi had posted sooner. I would have loved to have given the money to him. I got tired of sitting on it and needed cash IRL so thats that.
I'd be more inclined to overlook it, yes. You'd still be a scammer, but in the end you scammed the scammer not for personal gain, but to return what was unjustly taken in the first place. Hippocritical, I know, but if that was your true intention then I would be much more forgiving and honestly probably writing in your defense; but it wasn't, you were just out to 'teach him a lesson' and make a profit off it.

What I find ironic is that you kept the money and used it for REAL LIFE profit, which is the reason people were so upset with what Diablo did to Orbi. Couple that with the fact that you're only now offering Orbi any of your gold because people are suggesting it makes me less inclined to believe your P.S, plus you now have a history of deceit.

See how it just continues to snowball? If given a choice between you and Diablo to trust, it's you every day. But that's a choice I know I'll never have to make.

E

Essence of Siege

He will have admitted his wrong and made it right. Diablo is the one who opened the door for not ever getting his 15 mil back by scamming Orbi.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Diablo was scammed out of his 15M before he scammed Orbi (or at least before Roland knew about it). So you're saying what will happen in the future justifies the present? Or am I reading the script for T4 - Rise of the dbags? :)

And now that Roland has stated he sold the gold for Real Life money, what's your position on it? Is it still justified?

Edit: NVM the analogy part, long day. The debt of debt deal. See above question...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
sorry bud... Go sit with the others.

E

Essence of Siege

Id appreciate it if you wouldnt alter my words.
You're correct, it was poor form, I apologize.

My point is this: Robbing 'wasn't' your thing, but since you did it, it now has become your thing. You unfortunately will be defined by it now. My opinion is that you aren't allowed to say 'robbing isn't my thing' after you rob someone, if it isn't your thing, then you wouldn't have done it.

Honestly, I think you believe what you did was for a good cause as you believe Diablo needed to be taught a lesson. My problem lies in that you did exactly as Diablo did and kept everything for yourself, you didn't try to correct any wrongs he did with what you took from him as per Tib's Robin Hood scenario. You just sold the gold and took the cash which is doing exactly what Diablo did, which doesn't teach him a lesson it just lowers you to his level and gives credence to his scamming.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trust me if Orbi would have came on here saying Diablo robbed him before I sold the gold, orbi would have got it. Do you even realize how much time went by that gold just sat in my bank. I used the money to buy friggin diapers.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're correct, it was poor form, I apologize.

My point is this: Robbing 'wasn't' your thing, but since you did it, it now has become your thing. You unfortunately will be defined by it now. My opinion is that you aren't allowed to say 'robbing isn't my thing' after you rob someone, if it isn't your thing, then you wouldn't have done it.

Honestly, I think you believe what you did was for a good cause as you believe Diablo needed to be taught a lesson. My problem lies in that you did exactly as Diablo did and kept everything for yourself, you didn't try to correct any wrongs he did with what you took from him as per Tib's Robin Hood scenario. You just sold the gold and took the cash which is doing exactly what Diablo did, which doesn't teach him a lesson it just lowers you to his level and gives credence to his scamming.
Yay for Creedence.

[YOUTUBE]ec0XKhAHR5I[/YOUTUBE]

E

Essence of Siege

Trust me if Orbi would have came on here saying Diablo robbed him before I sold the gold, orbi would have got it. Do you even realize how much time went by that gold just sat in my bank. I used the money to buy friggin diapers.
Buying Diapers doesn't make how you got the money better, nor does it really play into the situation. Diablo could be using the converted pixels to cash from his Orbi scam to buy diaper's or putting it in a fund for his sick family member, does that excuse it?

I'm guessing the money rotted in your bank for oh, maybe 4 weeks tops, that's assuming you sold the gold this week. Really not a huge amount time.

So I suppose people should ask you now if you're 'tight for cash this month' or 'Are you low on Diapers' when entering a trade transaction with you? That's what I'm getting out of that statement.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
My first reaction when Shalimar posted the ICQ log was
"WOW, this guy really take the price when it comes to be an ass."

I have to say, after reading this thread, I really feel pity for you.

You are like a noto PK, you do not have the balls to go red so you kill/rob everything that won't give you a count.

In my eyes, noto pk's are the scum of the shard, even worse than the reds.

E

Essence of Siege

As my final comment on the topic, this is been a bit of a heated thread and through it all everyone has pretty much kept a level head and it hasn't devolved to a name calling, mud slinging postfest.

And Roland, you've been taking a lot of heat and still explaining your side of the story in a reasonably calm fashion. While I may not agree with what you did, you've certainly earned back some respect for how you've handled yourself.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Buying Diapers doesn't make how you got the money better, nor does it really play into the situation. Diablo could be using the converted pixels to cash from his Orbi scam to buy diaper's or putting it in a fund for his sick family member, does that excuse it?

I'm guessing the money rotted in your bank for oh, maybe 4 weeks tops, that's assuming you sold the gold this week. Really not a huge amount time.

So I suppose people should ask you now if you're 'tight for cash this month' or 'Are you low on Diapers' when entering a trade transaction with you? That's what I'm getting out of that statement.
I did find the last paragraph humorous and understand your point. I see alot of people say if Orbi got the money that would be a good place for it. Im just saying, I didnt go buy myself a game code or even *addiction of your choice here*.

Still Funny the way you put it though.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My first reaction when Shalimar posted the ICQ log was
"WOW, this guy really take the price when it comes to be an ass."

I have to say, after reading this thread, I really feel pity for you.

You are like a noto PK, you do not have the balls to go red so you kill/rob everything that won't give you a count.

In my eyes, noto pk's are the scum of the shard, even worse than the reds.
Ask anyone who knows me knows im a jackass, but ive never been one to be dishonest past a joke. Diablo had it coming.

Your analogy is good. Well it would be if I were a repeat offender.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ask anyone who knows me knows im a jackass, but ive never been one to be dishonest past a joke. Diablo had it coming.

Your analogy is good. Well it would be if I were a repeat offender.
I don't hate you, I hope you have learned from it.
About "Diablo had it coming", he is a kid and you did not help him find the right way, you may even be the reason he choose to scam Orbi.
Beating is not the right way to raise a kid, it will only make a violent grownup who will beat his family
Your actions against Diablo had a bad effect too I fear.

I hope you will earn back your respect.

I will leave you in peace now.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not going to judge anyone. Not my style. :)

I can relay a true happening regarding one player I knew on Chesapeake pre trammel. He was a *kid* in that he was under 18 barely under 18. There was a lot about his spunky feisty personality a lot of players liked about him. *This was pre trammel*

He began scammin folks and cheating in game. Many tried to tell him things to try to set him to do right, self included. He had so much potential he really did. And he did not listen to any of us.

EA actually banned more than one of his EA UO accts. He would come back rapidly on new accts. Everyone knew or would figure out whom he was though even on new accts.

There were some that tried to teach him a lesson kinda like you tried to maybe do. Those attempts failed. And there were those like me with some MOM complex trying to steer a kid right hoping someone with so much potential would listen to her..once to make better rl choices for his life in or out of games.

Later on he vanished entirely from the shard. Come to find out sadly, from his rl relatives whom also played on that shard, that he got those new accts. to use after his own were EA banned, by...stealing customers credit card numbers at the rl resturant he worked at. He ended up...rl serving time in the rl state penitentary. :*(

Even I tried to talk reason to the boy...whom once he became a legal adult, did something in the end that caught up with rl him, that the RL cops and the rl law would not permit.

Sadly...he chose his own path regardless of what many of us tried to do to prevent him from going to hell in a handbasket of his own making.

Soooooooo keep that other kid in mind...some times nothing anyone does pro or con will prevent a kid from going down a path no one wished they would have chosen for themselves to go down.

Locked up in some state penitentary prison...for years now, for Credit card fraud which all began with simple scammin in a game online called Ultima Online.

Sadly, he would not/did no listen to any of us, he felt he was just.. being invincable and.. COOL. :(

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
QueenZen

I don't buy this "one time a loser, always a loser" idea, I believe there is hope for everyone.

In Denmark we ask the question, why did the guy end up like this and what can we do to help him find the right way.

Sadly thing changes and the US way bleed over to Denmark too and we start to see moe violence and crime in Denmark as an effect of a change in the way to handle young trouble kids.

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not going to judge anyone. Not my style. :)

I can relay a true happening regarding one player I knew on Chesapeake pre trammel. He was a *kid* in that he was under 18 barely under 18. There was a lot about his spunky feisty personality a lot of players liked about him. *This was pre trammel*

He began scammin folks and cheating in game. Many tried to tell him things to try to set him to do right, self included. He had so much potential he really did. And he did not listen to any of us.

EA actually banned more than one of his EA UO accts. He would come back rapidly on new accts. Everyone knew or would figure out whom he was though even on new accts.

There were some that tried to teach him a lesson kinda like you tried to maybe do. Those attempts failed. And there were those like me with some MOM complex trying to steer a kid right hoping someone with so much potential would listen to her..once to make better rl choices for his life in or out of games.

Later on he vanished entirely from the shard. Come to find out sadly, from his rl relatives whom also played on that shard, that he got those new accts. to use after his own were EA banned, by...stealing customers credit card numbers at the rl resturant he worked at. He ended up...rl serving time in the rl state penitentary. :*(

Even I tried to talk reason to the boy...whom once he became a legal adult, did something in the end that caught up with rl him, that the RL cops and the rl law would not permit.

Sadly...he chose his own path regardless of what many of us tried to do to prevent him from going to hell in a handbasket of his own making.

Soooooooo keep that other kid in mind...some times nothing anyone does pro or con will prevent a kid from going down a path no one wished they would have chosen for themselves to go down.

Locked up in some state penitentary prison...for years now, for Credit card fraud which all began with simple scammin in a game online called Ultima Online.

Sadly, he would not/did no listen to any of us, he felt he was just.. being invincable and.. COOL. :(
So your saying that Diablo is gonna get to be someone's prison pancake:).

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not buy it either, cuz I can see potential often in some of those whom maybe labeled *the worst* by many other folks eyes. And some folks just have to go down them harder roads, to learn from their mistakes too and when they DO learn, they often become even better human beings than those that maybe never had gone thru lots of wrong chocies taking em, to hell and back. ;) Heck I know some folks do not believe in Him, but if God gave up on everyone whom has gone astray...we would all be in a world of trouble ! :)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can hope not. That one kid still bugs me cuz..yeh he did not listen to me ...either. And I have done a lot of work rl with troubled teens over the years, and sometimes ya feel ya saved this one or that one...but ya never forget the ones that slipped away. I always wish I or someone, coulda maybe helped them see the light, so they'd not self destruct or end up in the state pen. :(

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its these pleasant thoughts that keep us going.

Sorry QZ. By the time I was 17 I been out of the house 2 years and knew better than to screw with people or i was gonna get mine.

I also quit doing drugs and commiting petty crimes cause I knew once I turned 18 I didnt want to goto jail.

Although it is just a video game and Diablo is probably just ****in with us cause he can.
Id do it to him. = )

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I also quit doing drugs and commiting petty crimes cause I knew once I turned 18 I didnt want to goto jail.
The noto PK analogy did fit better than I knew :(

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL you jerk. I play a red in game just because of noto pks for christ sakes.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
LOL you jerk. I play a red in game just because of noto pks for christ sakes.
It was an analogy.

If you quit your crime of fair for punishment and not because you feeled bad about your crime it's like a noto PK killing everything that won't give him a count.
Look like you feel, if you can't be punished for it, it's ok to do it even when someone get hurt from your actions.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ture enough. Ive been called apathetic often enough in life.

At the same time ive fealt enough guilt id rather not do some things again.