• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ninjitsu skill gain

• Thread starter imported_Hawkeye_Pike
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

Hi fellow Ninjas,

my skill gain seems to be stuck at 68. I've been using Focus Attack, Backstab and Shadow Jump for about 3 hours now and didn't gain any skill. I heard about skill lock bugs 6 years ago (you had to page a GM to get it fixed); is this still an issue? Or is it normal that skill raises THAT slowly when getting near 70?

D

davebobbit

i used shadow jump up until around 78, then put on a +ninjitsu ring to allow me to do ki attack. Then when my actual skill was high enough to do ki attack i took off the ring and got to 100 with ki attack and death strike.

So to answer your question, shadow jump should work as far as i know... my gain rate was about 1 gain every 5-10 minutes though when constantly using the skill with high mana regen items on. It is damn slow...

L

lysarius

<blockquote><hr>

Hi fellow Ninjas,

my skill gain seems to be stuck at 68. I've been using Focus Attack, Backstab and Shadow Jump for about 3 hours now and didn't gain any skill. I heard about skill lock bugs 6 years ago (you had to page a GM to get it fixed); is this still an issue? Or is it normal that skill raises THAT slowly when getting near 70?

[/ QUOTE ]Your skill is too high to gain from focus attack and you will not gain very often from Backstab. Stick with shdow jump until you can use ki strike and/or deathstrike. Also make sure you are not stuck at your total skill cap (700+ depending on the age of your account)

G

Okay I glad someone posted this because I'm having the same issue but it started at 70. I use Ninja skills in Combat regularly like Mirror Image ,Hide and Focus Attack but for the last 3 weeks I haven't raised one bit in Ninjitsu !!! I have made sure that I have skills that can be lowered as my skills are at 700.This is obviously a bug of some kind. I logged a call with UO help and they suggested I log an official bug report..not sure if anyone thinks this is a good idea ...but this is a frustrating problem . Any ideas ?

G

Okay I feel really dumb but I reread some other posts and have started using Shadow Jump and guess what ???My Ninjitsu is increasing ...so obviously my skill was too high to be increased by just Mirror Image and Focus Attack

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

Arrr, your information helped a lot! Shadowjump actually brought my Ninjitsu skill up to 92. However, no skill gain anymore at this point. I'm using Ki Attack and Death Strike like a madman, but I only get 0.1 or 0.2 skill points A DAY. Heck, I assume the skill is supposed to raise slowly at high levels. But that slow? I wonder how people ever get to 120...