• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] Ninja Stealth Thief...will it work?

AriochATL

Visitor
I made a Mystic-Mage-Thief...never was a fan of casters/ranged and still stands true. Im thinking of switching this up to a ninja stealth thief. Im not looking to solo bosses or take over the world. I want to be able to handle some random spawn if it comes to it. Im just stealing dung rares I have magery for invis and heals when needed. Plan is main heals from from leech and focus attack, some defence with mirror images. I dont have weapons or gear complete yet to test this build but in theory should it work? will damage be enough to keep me alive without EoO, perfection, etc? Of course if I get in trouble just smoke bomb out or ??. with every template its all how you utilize skills/abilities.

steal 120
hide 100
stealth 85
mage 100
tact 115
fencing 120 (swords?)
ninja 120

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
It's a bit redundant. Especially Magery which is serving no purpose (Invisibility on a Hider, Healing but you need to be showing and out of Form to use.)

I would go:

Fencing 120
Tactics 90
Ninjitsu 120
Hiding 100
Stealth 80
Stealing 90
Healing 65
Anatomy 65

With 15 Healing/Stealing on one jewel, 15 Anatomy/15 Stealing on the other, not sure that 90 Tactics is still needed for both moves and think the above is 10 points over so if that's true Tactics could go down to 80 or find another 10 on items. If Tactics isn't needed at all I'd just change it to Chivalry or try to fit 65 on there. Chivalry allows you to Sacred Journey and Hide before you arrive and Dispel Revnants.

I'd go 4/6 casting with a shield. Plus 18 HPR on suit and Human for another 2 HPR. This will give you 60 HPR (6 HP per second) and is more than enough to keep you alive in most dungeons.

With 120 Ninjitsu and a weapon skill you can go in Cat/Dog Form and spam Mirror Images and never die to the majority of the standard dungeon monsters. This way you can auto-defend things to death, it doesn't matter how long it takes as you can't die and aren't using any resources, bandages are just for an additional Healing method, plus Cure while hidden.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
60 tactics and 90 weapon skill is all you need to do both, primary and secondary special moves. The more tactics you have the more damage you will do.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Ah ok.

I forgot to mention, part of the reason it won't work well as a leecher is because fencing has low base damage, that's why I suggest something that doesn't require it in order to live.

Shannow

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Hi,

I have something similar on a char.

fencing
hiding
ninjitsu
poisoning
stealing
stealth
focus

I use a dagger
dog form to heal
poison resistance helps keep me hid.
I use shadow strike a lot.
Poisoning works quite well on some monsters. Not so good on the dragons etc. that cure it.
anyway, its good for stealing rares. Probably no good at pvp, but wouldnt know

Calla Lily

Journeyman
Do you need meditation or focus for ninjitsu or just use mana regen? Do you use cure potions for poison traps, or does Ninjitsu have something to cure poison? Right now my thief (no pvp) has:

Anatomy
Fencing
Healing
Hiding
Stealing
Stealth
Tactics

But people have suggested she take up Ninjitsu with her rogue skills and drop healing and anatomy, so I’m thinking about it.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Most just use Regen as you're able to Hide pretty much whenever you want.

Ninjitsu has an Animal Form (Unicorn) that prevents Poison from floor traps, and some chest traps, however if it's a high level Poison it may get through. You can use Potions, Bandages or Chivalry to Cure (If you have them obviously).

You can also use Forms and Images to out Regen damage. Cat/Dog Form at 120 Ninjitsu gives 40 HPR, you can have 18 on items and 2 from being Human.

Shannow

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Do you need meditation or focus for ninjitsu or just use mana regen? Do you use cure potions for poison traps, or does Ninjitsu have something to cure poison? Right now my thief (no pvp) has:

Anatomy
Fencing
Healing
Hiding
Stealing
Stealth
Tactics

But people have suggested she take up Ninjitsu with her rogue skills and drop healing and anatomy, so I’m thinking about it.
I had anat and healing too once. But once I got my head around the best tactics, I realised i didnt need it.
All you need to do is wear hp regen, mana regen suit
Have 90 stamina so you hit with dagger every 1.25seconds.
I have focus as it enabled me to train ninjitsu more quickly. I'll be dropping it once I make up my mind about taking it higher.
Use lama or wolf form to stealth around more quickly.

Tactics are: Stealth around as wolf, change to human/elf, unequip dagger, steal. Dont worry about running off screen to hide or anything, simply equip dagger and hit the nearest monster with shadow strike special move to hide. Becareful not to stealth too quickly, it sometimes says I cant do that yet, if I'm too quick.
If you get poisoned - change in to a dog/cat and ride it out.
I have poisoning as it helps resist some poisons and cures others more quickly. It is also useful for taking down some monsters with no effort. Just poison them and hide and wait for them to die.