• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ninja (mirror image) question......

A

athlon

If i have, lets say, 2 mirror images up, and have 100 ninja skill, is the following correct?

- If the creature hits me, i will have a 90% change of deflecting the hit to one of my mirror images?

- If one of my mirror images has ANY amount of damage deflected to it, it disappears?

- I will deflect any kind of damage to the mirror image. If a creature hits my with a magic arrow, breath fire or melee attack, any of those can be deflected?

I am a little confused on the mirror image ninja ability and just want to learn more. If the above is correct, it would appear to be much more useless against anything that casts spells, but great against melee creatures, like say, the Hiryu.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

No, the divert calculation is your skill - 30. At 100 skill your diversion rate would be 70%.
At 120 it is 90%.

Yes it (one of them) dissapears on successfully diverting.

No it only diverts melee not spells, not breath.

It's actually still very useful against casters providing you have enough casting and mana to cast again. The only thing that makes it not work so well is if your fighting something with bleed, or using hit spell on your weapon. Otherwise it works well against anything.

Check out my reply in this thread http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=1484
It has more detailed information on why Ninjitsu is awesome in PVM.

A

athlon

Thank you very much! Very helpful!

One more Q, what if your poisoned?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Being poisoned doesn't stop the regen but will break the divert faster depending on the level of poison. Depending on what your fighting Unicorn form prevents you from being poisoned. Plus if you go 4/6 casting with Chivalry you can just use images and the Chivalry heals/cures/rc.

I personally use 4/6 casting, 110 Ninjitsu & 65 Chivalry on several characters on different shards. I'd go 120 Ninjitsu if I had room for it and could be bothered training it that high.

The reason I'm 110 is because that gives me 100% success at mounted forms (llama & ostard, as well as everything below them). The reason I'm 65 is because that gives me 100% success on sacred journey/heal/cure/remove curse/consecrate & I can still use divine & enemy of one.

A

athlon

If im in vamp form (for HP leach) and am fighting dreadhorn, and he poisons me, each time i take poison damage from his lethal poison, would that wipe out one of my mirror images?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

No, you can't divert poison ticks so it wouldn't kill them from that.

Also his poison attack only affects things that are hitting him, as the images can't they shouldn't get poisoned.

Staying poisoned will break the divert quicker.

A

athlon

No, you can't divert poison ticks so it wouldn't kill them from that.

Also his poison attack only affects things that are hitting him, as the images can't they shouldn't get poisoned.

Staying poisoned will break the divert quicker.
What is 'divert'?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Divert/Deflect.

You divert attacks to your mirror images.