• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nightmare instant wild near Virtuebane

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday morning I was doing the roof and as I got near Virtuebane my nightmare threw me off and went wild. It was not during burn you to ash so I retamed it and finished my roof run. This morning I was riding my second wonderfully happy bonded nightmare and as I got near Virtuebane it threw me off and went wild. I am 120 taming and 120 lore and I never dismounted before riding next to Virtuebane. Has anyone else used a Nightmare/Rune Beetle on the roof since the patch?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First question anyone will ask is ....
Did you feed them before you went to the roof?
Even seasoned tamers can forget the nightmare under their tail might need a scoobie snack before hunting...

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yesterday morning I was doing the roof and as I got near Virtuebane my nightmare threw me off and went wild. It was not during burn you to ash so I retamed it and finished my roof run. This morning I was riding my second wonderfully happy bonded nightmare and as I got near Virtuebane it threw me off and went wild. I am 120 taming and 120 lore and I never dismounted before riding next to Virtuebane. Has anyone else used a Nightmare/Rune Beetle on the roof since the patch?
Are you using a second pet and the "all kill" command? Doing this while riding a pet can cause the pet being ridden to loose loyalty fairly quickly... thus if you rode up to it and told your other pet to kill VB, its possible that caused the pet to finally become wild.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
this all since the patch?
ive done Virtuebane hundreds of times and have never had this problem but i haven't done him since the patch.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did the roof twice since the patch, each time with 5 pets... no issues, yet.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
the odds of your NM going wild from a missed command from a 120 taming 120 lore tamer is pretty slim i would think.
you have 99% chance to control a nightmare at 120/120 and you need to miss commands a bunch of times to loose control.
so you would need to land on that 1% like 10 times in a row.

that would be some pretty incredible bad luck.

at 120/120 real i can honestly say i dont ever feed my pets and ive never lost one and i play my tamer a loooooooooOOooooOoooOooOOOOoooot!