• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Next Rare Fest

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am just tossing some ideas out there. Can the next event be on Atlantic again? I've noticed with the way gold and transfers it was difficult for many to move things around especially towards the end where many are still stuck there.

I have a proposal:

We have 2 rare fests each year.

One on Atlantic Shard (mainly because Toad Town has an established community and trusted people to help) in June.

The second one in January on an Asian shard. Preferably a shard that is consistent over time with a community to help out as well that's ran by Blend. AT least if we agree on a consistent shard, those of us with shard transfer tokens wouldn't mind picking that shard and will drive cost down and be able to help others out when transferring.

Shu Shu must run the silent auctions. I also propose that since he has ran them for so many times now and never asked for anything that those of us who put up an item for auction to give him a 5% tip off the gross sale of the item. Surely you all wouldn't mind at least doing that for him. Think of it this way, he has essentially brokered from these silent auctions close to 500 billion in rares without a problem.

Just my 2 cents.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know I haven't been involved in the rares side of the game for long, and to be honest Hokuto was my first fest ever, but I think that is a brilliant idea. I usually end up transferring to and from Atlantic at least once a year anyway. (there is just stuff for sale there you can't find on Chesapeake). I wish i could pick a couple shard shields, but seeing as i sold my original account, this one is only coming up on year 12 :(

Anyway great idea!!!

(and yes, Blend, Shu Shu and crew did an OUTSTANDING job. Can't thank them enough for such a great experience)

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Of course I know that First choice ATL for convenience.
It might be good to forward overconcentration.
but my reason I do this is a medium-sized shards
It does not mean to be choosing a shard useful for me
To develop new markets together with get a new, Rares ppl

I do know a person who has a plan for the next festival
This idea should not be interfering with their plans

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Gets out Pencils, notebook, calender and invitations.

Hooks up a red (Bat Phone) to other rares community members.

Calling all Atlantians send a post this way. We now have 12 houses at Toad Town with more than enough room to accomodate a week full of fun, friendship and more drooling.

We would be honored to hold a festival here on Atlantic Toad Town

Last edited:

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gets out Pencils, notebook, calender and invitations.

Hooks up a red (Bat Phone) to other rares community members.

Calling all Atlantians send a post this way. We now have 12 houses at Toad Town with more than enough room to accomodate a week full of fun, friendship and more drooling.

We would be honored to hold a festival here on Atlantic Toad Town
Yup, I agree. We here at Toad Town are honored to host another Rares Fest. Like Queen said, 12+ Houses, many community members and a bag full of enjoyment. We would love to host another Rares Fest on Atlantic :)

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am probably gonna host one this fall on Pacific. I also will be running the silent auction house with the simple rule of no start, reserve or buyout. If your greedy, need not try and register an item. I will be posting details for the fest this summer.

Last edited:

Bon Iver

Stratics Veteran
The members of Toad Town were actually just talking about possibly holding another Rares Fest. I'll have a better window to work with since I'll be home from school during the summer. The only thing we need is full support from the EMs and Mesanna so that we can establish a decent gating system this time. Also since we had complaints about the layout of our Fest last year, we will work on compromising a workable layout (we've added about 4 to 5 houses since). If it comes to Toad Town hosting the fest this summer or even another group hosting it on Atlantic, I will offer my services in any way.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Lineman- we would love to have you come to Atlantic and hold the second silent auction house-as a matter of fact how about a Rares fest with a theme called
War of the Worlds) (shards)
All those festival community members that wanted to hold a festival but had doubts about a week long event and extra hands helping would benefit by each one of us taking a day and holding an event here on Atlantic-

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had been planning on doing this and gave up the idea because of the rampent duping that many denied was happening on these forums. Now that Uo is taking some small actions and it seems there heading in the right direction on duping (although I feel they need to do some mass bannings) I am going ahead with my plans. I have mentioned this to Blend and I believe he is gonna give me a hand. I am not trying to bump heads with anyone and by all means go ahead with your Atlantic plans if you wish. All I am saying is this will happen on Pacific in the fall.

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I had been planning on doing this and gave up the idea because of the rampent duping that many denied was happening on these forums. Now that Uo is taking some small actions and it seems there heading in the right direction on duping (although I feel they need to do some mass bannings) I am going ahead with my plans. I have mentioned this to Blend and I believe he is gonna give me a hand. I am not trying to bump heads with anyone and by all means go ahead with your Atlantic plans if you wish. All I am saying is this will happen on Pacific in the fall.
Yes, if you need me.
I will Hundred Percent support the there.

however Period of adjustment will be required,
Plan PAC and ATL
any way...This year is a great year !! :)

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
This Sage wanders the various lands of Sosaria... No preference on location just happy to the community getting together at one. :)

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well there could always be a summer Atl fest and a late fall Pac fest. I am not trying to steal nothing just something I have wanted to do since Pac got screwed from a devious player a few years back.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know im not a huge collector but this is the way i see it.
I play Atlantic and while it is convenient the rares fests are supposed to be something a little special, so worth a little extra effort to get to and worth travel complications. Having it on a less populated, cleaner shard is the better choice in my mind simply to eliminate the everyday scammers, griefers, price gougers, resellers, and as a breath of fresh air.

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets have one on Catskills! I feel atl allready gets enough in this game. Show some love to a smaller shard. Catskills needs hugs to! lol...
Even Mesanna hates us, we still have not gotten our 2012 Mesanna world tour and its allrdy almost the 2nd month of 2013!

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pac is not up for debate. I am simply going to do it and I am not looking for permision from anyone here. If someone wants to have one on Atl and Cats, by all means go ahead. Its funny how over the years I have watched people argue back and forth where fests should be when all it takes is for someone to just step up and do it. If anyone does not like the idea of a fest on Pac in the fall it is really simple, do not show up.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pac is not up for debate. I am simply going to do it and I am not looking for permision from anyone here. If someone wants to have one on Atl and Cats, by all means go ahead. Its funny how over the years I have watched people argue back and forth where fests should be when all it takes is for someone to just step up and do it. If anyone does not like the idea of a fest on Pac in the fall it is really simple, do not show up.
I actually agree with this 100%. I actually WANT a Fest on Pacific and I know Lineman is fully capable of making it happen. That being said, if people wish to have one on Atlantic also, Toad Town is fully capable in doing it. I feel 2 fests a year is fine, actually more would make it overkill. The members of Toad Town are more than happy to host another one for the people of the Rares Community, we have so many Dedicated members, many are members on these forums. We have Queen Arya, Yible, Bon Iver, Rowan Elizabeth, and myself. That's just people who have stratics accounts, we also have about 7 other people who are not stratics members. That being said, If you guys want a rares fest on Atlantic. Toad Town can surely Deliver it. Up to you guys to decide. :)

Last edited:

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran

I would welcome a Rarefest on Pac run by Lineman. Maybe he can get the word out to Gunga Din and make that SOB come back and start playing again. :beer:

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would welcome a Rarefest on Pac run by Lineman. Maybe he can get the word out to Gunga Din and make that SOB come back and start playing again. :beer:
Yes Gunga is a cool cat and I would like to see him return as well

Bon Iver

Stratics Veteran
I will happily help where ever it is needed. Instead of just saying you'd like to have a Rares Fest, let's see it! I think everyone should have an equal shot so write up your proposals and send them in. If Atlantic does get the June spot, then I will be ecstatic.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually agree with this 100%. I actually WANT a Fest on Pacific and I know Lineman is fully capable of making it happen. That being said, if people wish to have one on Atlantic also, Toad Town is fully capable in doing it. I feel 2 fests a year is fine, actually more would make it overkill. The members of Toad Town are more than happy to host another one for the people of the Rares Community, we have so many Dedicated members, many are members on these forums. We have Queen Arya, Yible, Bon Iver, Rowan Elizabeth, and myself. That's just people who have stratics accounts, we also have about 7 other people who are not stratics members. That being said, If you guys want a rares fest on Atlantic. Toad Town can surely Deliver it. Up to you guys to decide. :)
My main thing I want to do is try and make this something were new collectors have a shot at items. That is why I am gonna make silent auction have no starts, reserves or buyouts. There is nothing more frustrating than seeing some cool items with a reserve of 500m. It is time to bring this fest back to the community. And if no one wants to put items into the auction I will supply the items from my own collection. I dont think it will come to that though as I know allot of people who still are in this game for the community and not to fatten there pockets. I will never run a auction again at a rares fest with reserves. Time to try and make this a special event again.

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Shu Shu must run the silent auctions. I also propose that since he has ran them for so many times now and never asked for anything that those of us who put up an item for auction to give him a 5% tip off the gross sale of the item. Surely you all wouldn't mind at least doing that for him. Think of it this way, he has essentially brokered from these silent auctions close to 500 billion in rares without a problem.

Just my 2 cents.
I gave him a tip when he delivered my gold, and he told me he had not gotten any tips. I was a bit surprised, I definitely hope that others will send tips his way, as it is not easy moving all the gold around and spending all that time running everything. Not a bash on anyone, perhaps in all the excitement, it just never occurred to anyone to send a tip his way, maybe some will rectify that ^_^

Last edited:

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My main thing I want to do is try and make this something were new collectors have a shot at items. That is why I am gonna make silent auction have no starts, reserves or buyouts. There is nothing more frustrating than seeing some cool items with a reserve of 500m. It is time to bring this fest back to the community. And if no one wants to put items into the auction I will supply the items from my own collection. I dont think it will come to that though as I know allot of people who still are in this game for the community and not to fatten there pockets. I will never run a auction again at a rares fest with reserves. Time to try and make this a special event again.

I def love the idea of no reserves Lineman. I used to have a decent sized rares collection back in the day. I had tons of server births, chess pcs, afew silverware, wigs, wash basins, brush, afew cards, and abunch more. But I took about a 5 yr break so lost most of it when my houses fell. Just got back about a yr ago and trying to get my collection back up. I miss my 2 full phoenix armor suits so bad =(..

And I have to say the reserve prices on most of the items at the silent auction were crazy high. It def makes new or returning collectors get a little turned off when just about every item had a reserve of 500 mil.. Reason why I didnt actually transfer over to the fest with any gold to shop... A good portion of the items there. I actually seen sell in these forums 2-3 months before the auction at a fraction of the reserve they had..

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
gets my vote...i think for non atlanticans .....then atlantic is everyones 2nd shard

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im game, sounds like fun

and um yeah..... im back had to take a mini vacation from the game. :) did ya guys miss me?

yardman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lineman... Glad you are running the Pac fest, we got a bad rap from a few years before and need to get our rep back In Pacific.
If you need any help let me know I will be setting aside a few Pacific bases rares and others to help the auction with no mins or BO.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps 2 Official Rares Festivals a year and then we could add monthly Rares Meetups? They could be like mini-Rares-Fests. No opening ceremony, fewer events, fewer vendors, less items in auction. Just something to kick around. This would give people the opportunity to hold an event without having the huge amount of stress involved with running the entire show.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My opinion is whoever wants to host a rares festival should just go for it and post the details. Those who are interested will go, and those who aren't won't. This doesn't need to be difficult, just post the details and let the cards fall where they will. I'm all for Atlantic and the Asian shards hosting every year, but it really doesn't need to be a yes or no from the community. If a festival is smaller, it isn't a bad thing. Festivals shouldn't be all about the profit, but about the community getting together. :heart:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
lineman,
i would be honored if i can help in any way you need me for a Pacific festival.
Just push the button ;)
greets
Ron

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lineman,
i would be honored if i can help in any way you need me for a Pacific festival.
Just push the button ;)
greets
Ron
Sounds good, its aways off yet but I will be needing help for sure. Thank you for offer