• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

newspapers

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tomorrow. Arc was mostly shut off again for more repairs.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A demonic necklace dropped within the last 45 mins on GL.

But the frequency of ambushes needs increased...

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do u need to get the newspaper first or can you just do the trade quest to try and get ambushed?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A demonic necklace dropped within the last 45 mins on GL.

But the frequency of ambushes needs increased...
Did Skara to moonglow stayed on land as much as I could, not one land ambush. 1 ambush at sea.

Skara to trinsic, no ambush.

Skara to Vesper, no ambush.

I walked around ouside of vesper for as long as I could take the boredom.

No items from the 1 ambush.

Needs turned up maybe a limit added in case they over turn it up...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did Skara to moonglow stayed on land as much as I could, not one land ambush. 1 ambush at sea.

Skara to trinsic, no ambush.

Skara to Vesper, no ambush.

I walked around ouside of vesper for as long as I could take the boredom.

No items from the 1 ambush.

Needs turned up maybe a limit added in case they over turn it up...
I'd double the likelihood of an ambush, and tweak the drop rate up by a few percentage points. It's tilted to the overly grindy at the moment.

Weird thing is, all of my characters who did a trade run while the arc was turned on still, get wagons (when something spawns, which is WAY TOO INFREQUENTLY!). Those who didn't just get regular ambushers.

@Kyronix :lick:

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I noticed some people just siting, running around same area to try to get spawn. I have better chances while running to drop off city. not sure if it helps to go through more open areas or full forested places. I just hope they don't spawn next to housing and stuff disappears like what happened with the gypsy spawns. please don't test at my place lol

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I take the long way....never run in circles trying to get ambushed just to the trades.

Walking from Skara to Yew I was ambushed 9 times...no items though.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is it back on they turned off on PAC

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well I just have this to say to @Kyronix and the team...

WHY!?! Why does it have to be so grindy????

You are already severely limiting us time wise... with this ending FAR too soon... can you not keep these new things spawning????

Secondly .... the time getting ambushers to spawn in the first place is BAD... Sometimes taking 30 to 40 min between spawns... that's TOO LONG.

Finally... the drop rate... in 4 hours of working VERY hard at this I've gotten 1 item... now granted the RNG hates me with a passion but seriously... I have a life outside UO... so does 90% of the players base... come on cut us some freaking slack for pity sakes. This is too much... Not to mention this is only ONE of the things we'll need to be doing..... if it takes this long to do just this I won't have time for any other content and that includes the Halloween crap.... so do you want me to have fun or just be irritated and say screw it???? Because at this point I'm bordering on irritated and wondering yet again why I pay for this sort of irritation.

Honestly.... cut a girl some freaking slack would ya???

I'm sorry but if this is you'alls Idea of FUN new content you all need to have your collective heads examined.

Last edited:

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
i did a lot of these before publish and it seemed to have a higher spawn rate, so it might have been turned down(or this could be a problem with publish), since they were amping up ambushers. I know i was regularly getting 2-4 on long overland routes, 1-2 on shorter overland, and about 1 every 3 "gate" trade routes(where possible).

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Well I just have this to say to @Kyronix and the team...

WHY!?! Why does it have to be so grindy????

You are already severely limiting us time wise... with this ending FAR too soon... can you not keep these new things spawning????
plenty.jpg
You do realize that we have until September 28th to get all the times we need.....that's a month and a half.....that's not enough time for you? They don't expect us to get all the items in a week.....chillax a bit will ya?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
View attachment 70862
You do realize that we have until September 28th to get all the times we need.....that's a month and a half.....that's not enough time for you? They don't expect us to get all the items in a week.....chillax a bit will ya?
You know people work for a living.... we don't have 24/7 to do these quest, t-maps and the 99 other things... I can tell you right now spent most all night long from 2pm tonight till just about 1/2 an hour ago doing those trade quests... spawned 100's of things over and over and over and over and over.. you know what I have to show for it?????

2 lousy demonic necklaces... in 12 hours of grinding... I got 2 lousy necklaces... You think that's good?????
You think I give a damn that this goes on till Sept 28th???????

Meanwhile.... Honey I'm going to be spending several days in that time driving to and from the Party.... I'll have to work 40+ hours every week, take care of a house and family and everything else humans do including eating, sleeping and taking a **** every now and then.....

After 12 hours of grinding I think I know exactly how this is going..... BAD.

And pin a rose on the ass of anyone getting more drops than that... because THIS is how my luck in this game is and I"m not the only one who has that kind of bad luck..... I'm FED UP with them gearing this damn game to the people that get 45 drops in a hour..... the rest of us DO NOT.

Even if I had gotten something from EVERY spawn... that would be a pittance. I'm sorry but grinding 12 hours for 2 items is NOT FUN. NOT.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
.....12 hours is quite a long time.....maybe wanna take a break? Get some fresh air? Sitting in front of a computer for 12 hours straight isn't very healthy.

Honestly I've gotten 4 maps, a trapped soul and some dried incense....but I know that I have time.....a month and a half seems like a reasonable amount of time for me....and to be honest? It will probably take me that long to get all the stuff others are getting...because the RNG hates me too lol....but I don't stress over it....do a few trades....take a breather.....do a few more...if you stress over it, it just makes matters worse, you know?

I to have real life stuff...you know? As we all do....so don't ~grind~ for 12 hours.....I did a few trades earlier....got nothing....got up....went outside....took the garbage out....came back..did a few more...got nothing...made dinner.....did dishes....came back and did some more...still got nothing....well I'm getting resources and pinks and I got a healer's guild sign which was cool....

Ah anyway..it's just me I guess.....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
.....12 hours is quite a long time.....maybe wanna take a break? Get some fresh air? Sitting in front of a computer for 12 hours straight isn't very healthy.

Honestly I've gotten 4 maps, a trapped soul and some dried incense....but I know that I have time.....a month and a half seems like a reasonable amount of time for me....and to be honest? It will probably take me that long to get all the stuff others are getting...because the RNG hates me too lol....but I don't stress over it....do a few trades....take a breather.....do a few more...if you stress over it, it just makes matters worse, you know?

I to have real life stuff...you know? As we all do....so don't ~grind~ for 12 hours.....I did a few trades earlier....got nothing....got up....went outside....took the garbage out....came back..did a few more...got nothing...made dinner.....did dishes....came back and did some more...still got nothing....well I'm getting resources and pinks and I got a healer's guild sign which was cool....

Ah anyway..it's just me I guess.....
again pin a rose on you..... most people haven't been that fortunate.... and I doubt that's going to change. It is NOT reasonable given how much stuff there is to do... there is getting stuff from the island off Skara Brae, the mine near Minoc, the T-Maps and a 1/2 dozen other things AT LEAST and this is while preparing for the trip to Virginia and a million other things... .... IT IS NOT A GOOD DROP RATE AND YOU KNOW IT! QUIT KISSING UP FOR ONCE AND REALIZE THAT THIS IS NOT FUN!!!!!

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
> Walking from Skara to Yew I was ambushed 9 times...no items though.

My experience was similar, especially the "no items though" part.
Here's an idea, Mr. Kyronix, sir. Item for each and every ambush group.

Too much grind. Not enough reward. Run through the calculations of how many items per hour you want a reasonably diligent person to get, and then change the mechanism so that a reasonably diligent person will actually get that many items. Oh, and then quadruple that, because your idea of "reasonable" is unreasonable (e.g. "recent Doom Gauntlet").

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I walked Yew to Vesper 4 times, Yew to Britain 4 times, Yew to Jhelom all the way to the Beach past the Shrine of Honor at least 3 times, I can't count how many times I went to Trinsic, the only mission I didn't accept was one to New Magincia... I'm not ever doing a water based one again... that's insane... AND I do mean WALKED... ON FOOT... slowly... to try to encourage spawn...

I spent hours... even going back and forth trying to "coax" more spawn... sometimes walking from one bridge and back on the way from Yew to Vesper 2 or 3 times getting more things to spawn... sat on a few logs for a few min waiting for more things to spawn... got rewards over 150K for killing so much spawn.... yet I got 2 lousy items...... and both identical... both on the first mission with a new character... I did even try using my Luck tamer hoping that would get more walking from trinsic to Britain and Trinsic to Minoc and Vesper and Yew.... but didn't improve things at all... nor did using my first tamer who has built trade missions up all the way...

And they think this is FUN??? And we will want to keep doing this day in day out till the 28th of Sept??? I'd rather /wrists... seriously this is NOT FUN. Epic FAIL IMO.

Fun for people who are actually getting an item every once in a while.... but for the rest of us doing dozens of missions getting NOTHING it's NOT FUN.

Sure the pinks are "ok" and it was nice to get the warrior sign... but you know I was getting those before while building Yew's coffers for the stupid Buff I DON'T EVEN USE...

This is supposed to be new exciting LIMITED TIME content.... it ought to act like it's LIMITED... it shouldn't be damn near impossible to get.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think I'll wait and start this when all the problems have been sorted out... I don't want another grindfest! :(

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Even to further emphasize how Craptastic this feels...

Had I spent my 12 hours playing Gumballs and Dungeons on my phone I could have found at least 5 new gumballs completed countless space missions, probably even advanced my Gumball ship, most likely would have gotten half a dozen golden pots and twice as many gumball pots... could have advanced at least 4 or 5 of my gumballs, probably started a new dungeon map... and more...

If I had played No Man's Sky for 12 hours I could have discovered at LEAST 10 new planets or made 70 Million units farming... Probably could have bought and found me a new Freighter at that rate as well... discovered 100's of lifeforms as well as cataloged 100's of rocks, plants and such as well... could have found and established a new homebase... discovered countless secrets of the Atlas... and other things in that time...

Had I played Skyrim I could have completed dozens of dungeon adventures probably learned 4 or 5 new Thums... and found new awesome pieces of armor...

But the main thing about all those is it would have been FUN and it wouldn't have felt like a GRIND...

Whereas I had my hopes up for "new" adventures in UO... instead I did the same old thing that has been in UO for several publishes now.... and got 2 "new" items in 12 hours... Doesn't feel too productive...

And Yes I could have done dishes, cleaned the downstairs, mowed the lawn, ridden a bike, weeded the weed beds, washed my Jeep and cleaned my room... and been more productive...

For Pity Sakes @Kyronix, @Bleak and @Mesanna!!!!!!! GIVE ME THAT REASON TO LOG IN AGAIN AND ENJOY UO!!!!!! ..... Not excuses... and not disappointments and for GODS SAKE not another Fing Grind!!! MAKE UO FUN PLEASE!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jesus calm down
Jesus is calm.

Malagaste, on the other hand, while a bit excited, has excellent points. @Larisa sure this will run for another 4 weeks, but in that 4 weeks time more and more stuff is gonna be added. So the time for this will be divided up accordingly...with less time devoted to this particular part of it, thats why it seems so important that this gets the jumpstart on everything else, because it *seems* the items gotten by trades will be needed to get something else down the road.

Forget the wagons and stealing crates already. Just put the drops on the regular ambushers up the ambush frequency, and double the drop rate currently in use.

And maybe next time, a bit of internal testing?

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is getting odd, ok very odd. What do you guys think the issue is? All I wanted was the neat new newpaper. I am much too game lazy to do quests.
It is no secret that my fanness is gone BUT I have no doubt they are seriously trying to fix this. It will work eventually.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is getting odd, ok very odd. What do you guys think the issue is? All I wanted was the neat new newpaper. I am much too game lazy to do quests.
It is no secret that my fanness is gone BUT I have no doubt they are seriously trying to fix this. It will work eventually.
Considering you say your too lazy to do the quests and I did them several times yesterday trust me when I say this will NEVER work at the current pittance of a drop rate... the only thing this is going to do is piss off a lot more players and make them want to quit... New content LIMITED content ought to be FUN not a BORING GRINDFEST.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dunno getting the items period is a PITA ... not to mention getting things to spawn... I walked around 45 min trying to get something to spawn on a few trips... nada...