• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] YMCA Road Trip!

• Thread starter Kimi_Mori
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

Kimi_Mori

<div style="text-align: center;"> <h1>A <span style="text-decoration: underline;">Yew Merry Center for All</span> Road Trip!</h1> </div>

As we gathered at the YMCA, many of those already there quiet early, awaiting another much anticipated road trip to the historical past of Sonoma. Finally we see the lady of the hour arrive, Dor! With "<span style="font-weight: bold;">Hails</span>" shouted from all about she is greeted and returns this greeting as well to all there. As we sit awaiting the arrival of late comings, we chat for a bit regarding the recent meetup where Dor relayed some exciting news regarding the Event Moderator's; <span style="font-weight: bold;">Dor: "</span><span style="font-style: italic;">I have an announcement to make, Upon direct (and very public) inquiry to Darkscribe, he said that EM contracts will be renewed in April</span><span style="font-weight: bold;">". </span>That news went well with all there as many cheered to hear the return of the events and our beloved EM.

<a target="_blank" href=http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/sonoma/sn-YMCA-Road_Trip-II-KM1.jpg>
</a>With a look around to be sure we were not over heard Dor tells all present of our destinations tonight. <span style="font-weight: bold;">Dor:</span> <span style="font-style: italic;">I think that I may safely relay tonight's destination,</span> <span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">*knocks on wood* </span><span style="font-style: italic;">Tonight shall be Yew. </span><span style="font-style: italic;">From Kender's Forge to the Lighthouse </span><span style="font-style: italic;">and all points in between.</span> <span style="font-style: italic;">I anticipate little trouble. </span><span style="font-style: italic;">However </span><span style="font-style: italic;">this is Felucca. </span>Finally it was time to be off. Dor had passed runes to Yule B Sori, and with instructions from her we all gathered outside on our mounts for our first stop of the evening.

<div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: left;"><span style="font-weight: bold;"><a target="_blank" href=http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/sonoma/sn-YMCA-Road_Trip-II-KM2a.jpg>
</a>Dor:</span> <span style="font-style: italic;">This establishment was placed on New Year's Eve, 1997, and is believed to be the oldest forge on the shard. Kender himself was legendary and was either the first or the second Grandmaster Blacksmith in this land. He'd a vendor named Patterson who served him well and faithfully for years. First, outside of the Empath Abbey upon the lawn for several months! Many shopped there and re-equipped with his quality armor and weapons right outside the abbey.</span>

<span style="font-style: italic;">He then moved back here and then to the roof of the YMCA where he not only conveyed smithed goods but served as a messenger as well. He was linked to this shop and would warn any at the YMCA of impending trouble coming from the south. What happened next was devastating to Kender and to several others as many had known Patterson over the years. One morning he disappeared and although a wide scale search was mounted throughout the land he could not be found some time later (too late) his remains were discovered and they were transported to our next destination (Yew cemetery).</span>

</div> </div> It is hard to believe that we were even in Felucca tonight, for not a single Red was seen this evening. Normally at least one or two would drop by the YMCA to chat, at times there has been even more, yet tonight they were strangely gone.

<a target="_blank" href=http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/sonoma/sn-YMCA-Road_Trip-II-KM6.jpg>
</a><span style="font-weight: bold;">

Dor:</span> <span style="font-style: italic;"><big>The second from the left is marked, as you see. Patterson was buried here with great pomp and ceremony. I attended the ritual which also saw several dignitaries and citizens. Kender was inconsolable and never was quite the same, thereafter. One of the persons in attendance at that funeral was Lady Birmingham, whose last home we shall now visit.</big>

<a target="_blank" href=http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/sonoma/sn-YMCA-Road_Trip-II-KM8.jpg>
</a>
</span><big><span style="font-weight: bold;">Dor:</span> <span style="font-style: italic;">This used to be a hunting lodge until Bree redecorated it. She had her original laboratory in Caendryl (as some of you saw last week) but then moved here. For the more quiet atmosphere to continue her studies. I don't know if you examined the flasks without but some of them are quite interesting as well as some of her research papers. [She was] an Alchemist who dabbled in the arcane as well as metaphysical, darn it the writing seems to be smudged on this black vial.</span>

</big>
<div style="text-align: center;"><big>
</big>

</div> <big>

</big><big>
<span style="font-weight: bold;">

Dor:</span> <span style="font-style: italic;">as advertised this was a good place for small meetings. I attended a council of war here once long and long ago! There were some orcs who were minions of an evil one they had established a fort nearby and made forays into Yew. Onward to the Court of Truth!

</span><span style="font-weight: bold;">And with those words a gate was cast and soon we are standing outside the Court of Truth.</span><span style="font-style: italic;">

</span></big>
<div style="text-align: center;"><big><span style="font-style: italic;">

</span></big>
<big><span style="font-style: italic;"></span></big></div> <span style="font-style: italic;">
</span>
<br style="font-style: italic;"> <span style="font-style: italic;"></span><span style="font-style: italic;">
</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold;">Dor:</span><span style="font-style: italic;"> I don't know how many of you read the </span><a target="_blank" href=http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=6481114&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1>background</a><span style="font-style: italic;"> that I posted. At that time Junin Pince was led as a captive. My own necroLyte tried to help them but was arrested for his efforts. Junin Pince was led in chains from Britain(?) to this jail past the YMCA. I remember watching from the roof. The royal guards were merciless. The courtroom was packed we all sat, rapt day after day. The jury was here [*</span><span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">with a gesture from her, she points to an area</span><span style="font-style: italic;">*] witnesses were paraded and grilled. It was a very lengthy process and few left with any love for the prosecute. Twas an awful thing to watch and many of us suspected graft, at the least. The prisoners were held in the jail.</span>

With those words Dor led us through the stone passage to the the prison.

<span style="font-weight: bold;">Dor:</span> <span style="font-style: italic;">This is where all state prisoners were held but some found a way out. </span><span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">*grins* </span>

With a smile upon her face Dor led us on a brisk walk from the 2nd floor to the first floor through several secret doors, that with a easy push, opens to passages that the guards would normally be, yet were all strangely absent as we took our walk.

<span style="text-decoration: underline;"><a target="_blank" href=http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/sonoma/sn-YMCA-Road_Trip-II-KM11.jpg>
</a>
</span>Soon we fine ourselves walking on green grass and not stone pavers, fresh air with no dust greets us as we exits from the prison. Dor cry of "<span style="font-style: italic;">Freedom!</span>" shocks me for a moment. Yet have we traded one prison for another as the prison is still on an island, the only way off through the passage that is over our heads or is it?

As we follow her to a secret room, an portal is revealed to us that leads us to a passage under the island. This passage leads to the last place that is guard protected in the lost lands, [besides Delucia and Papua], the Lighthouse.

<div style="text-align: center;">

</div>
Thus ends our tour tonight. We all had a great time, and I hope this report can give you an idea of the fun we had last night. With a small exception, when Yule and Gypsy dueled on the roof, no one was injury during this trip. And we all made it back safe and sound.

Thank you Dor for a wonderful tour tonight. This road trip was a great success. And many thanks to all, [new and old players] that were there tonight, your many questions and comments during the tour help.

<span style="text-decoration: underline;"></span>

D

Dor of Sonoma

Thank you for this report. *smiles*

I had an excellent time, and would again like to thank all of those whom attended for contributing to a great evening.

We hope to see all of you on the next Road Trip!

S

shivan

Thank you Dor, for being one of the keepers of our history...

Sonoma is so rich with history of days past. It is a shame that so few players today know of it. No one wanders the lands like we used to, discovering interesting things. Of course, there isn't much of that in Trammel and Fel is just too dangerous these days.

I'm also glad the "killjoys" (you know who you are!!) did not show up this week. Hopefully, now that they understand it is a historical expedition they will leave us alone and alive.

We had a good turnout. Perhaps next week will be even better.