• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Watch Your Step

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wandering on Sakura this weekend I was in for quite a surprise. Upon entering a ruined garden near Ter Mur I missed a step and landed in quite an interesting location.

Just one screen away from Narvey Night-Eyes.

So let it be known, Be sure to watch your step when entering a house you don't know, or you might find yourself taking an unintended trip.​

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Wow! Talk about convenient.

Could someone hook me up with a house that drops me into the center of the Abyss? Running is such a chore! :p

LadyKeroOfAtl

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a house on Atlantic in Malas that has a teleporter to one of the two houses in the Abyss. It drops you near the pixie mini champ spawn. ICQ me and I can get you a rune

I've just never seen anything quite like this before. [The 'Hole']

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of the two houses on Baja, one of them (the one by the pixie spawn) has a teleporter. They have a small house that will take you to the house teleporter, by yew gate (tram). The other house doesn't have one, sadly.

The hole is neato, I think I read about them before, they take you some distance away right? Pretty clever to set it up in a house where it will end up dropping into the underworld. =)

LadyKeroOfAtl

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The house that had the hole was in Ter Mur in the spot to the east of the Royal City where there's the stairs up to the two small house plots.

Just stepping on the hole dropped me into the room with Narvey, The bigger hole in the dungeon shown in the first screen shot brings you down to the wolf spiders.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is that hole a drop item?...or just a bug ?

Im guessing its a persons house.....

Would like to have that at my place in Tram....be kind of handy...

LadyKeroOfAtl

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been asking around, but haven't really gotten an answer about where the hole is from.
It's on one of the Asian shards, they tend to have different items then us sometimes but I'd love an item like that.

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings everyone,

That is what we are going to call a Server Birth rare. In other words those rocks were not made heavy when we went live with SA and players were able to pick them up. It was soon fixed therefore only a few people have them. They should only work in houses on Ter Mur.

Hope this answers the mystery of this item.

Mesanna

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna ill trade you my cake on got on GL..I survived your Rushian roulet for that hole..hahaha...

Seriously would be nice to have even as a 13 year vet reward...

Or trade for cake and cookies??

G

Gallica

Access to the Abyss is easy on Oceania. Both houses in the Abyss were won by members of the EOB guild. Each house has 2 teleporters, one links them both and the other links them to the outside world, with entrances in Luna and Ter Mur. We made them accessable to all as well, it seemed the right thing to do.

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's awesome! The house deco is really pretty too. Whoever owned that house did a really nice job.

War Wizard

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of the two houses on Baja, one of them (the one by the pixie spawn) has a teleporter. They have a small house that will take you to the house teleporter, by yew gate (tram). The other house doesn't have one.
they both have one.... the other is at Jinx's house, front steps

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of the two houses on Baja, one of them (the one by the pixie spawn) has a teleporter. They have a small house that will take you to the house teleporter, by yew gate (tram). The other house doesn't have one.
they both have one.... the other is at Jinx's house, front steps
Oh nice, I ran thru that second abyss house but never found one of those teleporters in it. Yay, stealing made easy(ier).

L

Lord Urza

Gosh that would be great to have, I do 3-10 navrey a day, and really hate running down to her. Very nice! :thumbup1:

Y

Yalp

Oh nice, I ran thru that second abyss house but never found one of those teleporters in it. Yay, stealing made easy(ier).
Both Baja Abyss houses have teleporters. The one for the Pixie Spawn area is in the small house to the north of the Tram Yew Gate. The one for the house near the Ratman Spawn is on the steps of Jinx's Luna Vendor House.. it is the house that is right behind the Luna Stables when running east from the teleporter. Teleporter tiles have been in place since the houses were given away.