• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Upcoming Patch Info

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

I'm Not impressed at all with these turn-ins. In some cases, the items being turned in are of much greater value than the ones that would be recieved.

A customizable shirt? no thanks
Ear rings with nightsight? cool if you are not ELF or dont have magery
Royal Brit Guard Sashes? can't even see it under a robe
Alacrity Scrolls? somewhat useful, but not original at all
Sherry the mouse? a personal town crier. No thanks
Snake Skin boots? 2% poison....Mabey if it was 2/2/2/2/2
Knights armor? THE WORSt OF THE LOT! a suit with 42% resist and a whopping 6 Hit Point inc. 120 magic resist gives 44% across the board.

In summary there is nothing there that I am really excited about or will find useful to enhance My PvP or PvM experience. Would it be so bad to actually give useful items like the tokuno turn-ins? Those rewards were actually USEFUL

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah...if this is the complete list of turn in rewards then its an absolute freaking joke. I am hoping this is just part of the list and they will add to it before the publish. It never says that it is a complete list, so hopefully it won't be.

As you said, I'd rather keep some of the items than get the turn in items.

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Faction size limit and load balancer removed: individual factions can grow to any size. Previously capped at 200.

Multiple characters from the same account may join the same faction

An account cannot have characters in different factions on the same shard

Removed 30 day character age requirement

“Young” players cannot join factions

“Young” players will be removed from guilds that join factions

One vote in faction elections per account

Only one character per account may run in the elections

Quit time reduced from 7 days to 3 days

Resolved issues with ghosts using stairs

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just plain insulting. If this is the type of attention players can expect for factions, I'd rather the clueless designers and developers would forget they existed and go ruin something else.

All you did was amplify the problems that already exist in factions...there is only a single bugfix in that whole list, and no improvements to the system.

You finally proven to me what I've suspected for a long time - I shouldn't pay your salary because you don't deserve it. These changes are terrible. They always say things have to get worse before they get better, but in the case of UO they just keep getting worse...

I would encourage anybody who is hanging onto their account hoping for change like I am to cut your subscriptions and forget about the game. It's time is past.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you dont like it leave.

What you forget is the majority of players of this game could give a crap less about factions. They are trying to up the numbers of factions in order to justify putting any time into them at all. If no one really cares about factions then you have no real arguement that they should spend any time on them at all. If they cause more people to care about factions through this promotion of them then you will be better off because they can then justify spending actual development time on them. If you want to leave then go find a better game...have fun in boring long grindfests where you can raid the same dungeons 300+ times to get one item you actually want.

G

I am officially done looting plane swords &amp; shields. What lousy rewards. At least I will be able to grow cocoa trees.. oh wait...

*shakes head*

A

Avalonia

<blockquote><hr>

The Devs are doing a great job, you people need to get off it and see the big picture :

Factions got an update, granted maybe not flawless, but that's what input is for, don't just sit there spouting off how "oh you ruined the game, this is just bad" , explain it in black and white, and do it repeatedly, and you'll get your point across.

As far as the turn-in .... YOUR OUT OF YOUR MIND, if you think they should release stuff as powerful as EM items... the Clean Up Brit was always about momentos, and just cool stuff in general...

Not about changing the game to suit your uber-needs.. I mean really, were you even around for the last one? This is rediculous to see so much crap being spewed towards the devs for not releasing over-powering items, or things with rediculous mods/graphics.

Get real and become remotely appreciative, because like it or not Jeremey, the GM Dev (name escapes me) and the small crew that they actually have are kicking ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a huge difference between picking trash off of the ground and spending countless hours and huge sums of gold to get items that are actually BETTER than the items you get from turning them in for points. This is a huge issue that should be addressed.

No, these items should not all be better than current artifacts. However, they should be on par with some of the better minor artifacts at least, and if you want to argue that they should be bonus items that are more about just sprucing up the game through collections then EVERY item should be a house add on of some sort or a house deceration. I believe a lot more people would rather make their house look pretty then their toons at this point. I do plan on getting a Sherry Mouse statue...but it sure the hell better be able to be turned off when they hook it up to the town crier system unless they decide to actually impliment usefullness into that system.

A

Avalonia

Just thought of something...

You know all those dark wisps chests that people left on the ground to get turn in items for those awesome items that they thought were coming...

If this is the full list of turn in items then I think you could easily make the arguement that the chests were worth more than the turn ins.

G

you are kidding right?

About the sherry the mouse statue? Oh I going to get one, why not, it will look cool in my house. But as far as it working? Does anyone actually believe that it will work correctly? My guess, it will be used for the next 2 or 3 events, then they will annouce that it is not working as well as they thought it would and remove the ability. Like many of the system they have put in, unfinished, bugged, frustrating to the playerbase.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

If you dont like it leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...sorry if I didn't make that clear...I am closing all of my accounts as soon as the subscriptions expire.

<blockquote><hr>

What you forget is the majority of players of this game could give a crap less about factions. They are trying to up the numbers of factions in order to justify putting any time into them at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there were a lot of people who cared about factions. That was before AoS decimated the system and the smart people left because they knew the game was fubar'd. I was one of the foolish ones who held on to hope that, regardless of their consistent failures, the team would eventually turn around and make the game worth playing again. I was admittedly wrong.

You should continue telling everybody to leave if they don't like it, it's going to be a lonely world soon. Hell, it already is a lonely world. Enjoy your solitude.

I

imported_Fran Fury

<blockquote><hr>

Are cursed Doom Arties part of the turn-in?

[/ QUOTE ]

It does have cursed artifacts listed on the turn-ins so I would guess yes.

G

I read the posts in this thread, and I'm disappointed with some of the responses. Everyone seems to think the rewards are not worth the time and effort it took to obtain the turn-ins. All I can say is get over it. Anyone who lost over 100k insure (net) at any one of these events, individually, needs to build a better suit or get some help from mates. I usually make maybe 24k in Moonglow each day, maybe 8-20k a bank trip, depending on the char. Most of the time, I don't even loot gold because I don't have room anymore. I'd rather save a scythe than another 60,000 gold. I truly don't understand how people are dying so much, or feel the need to claim their loses publically, as if EA should feel sympathetic for poorly skilled gamers.

We don't need uber PvP items flooding the game, so modest mods are fine. I use the "Transparent Heart" right now, but will gladly switch over to "Nocturne Earrings" once they are in game! Out of my 13 characters, only three are elf. Human's JOAT is so underrated. It might be fine to fit a 70s suit with night sight for PvM, but the Nocturne Earrings are a boon for any human PvPer looking for a tweak. It could be considered an Elf nerf, perhaps, but then, humans still do not have all of the cool armor types elves can equip. There still remains the issue of night sight not even working properly at champ spawn regions and in the gauntlet, of course. Those bugs need to get a fix one day. Much easier to reequip earrings than an armor piece, though, since there is no loss that way, to resistances, and other mods.

The shirts and the sashes are both a bit underwhelming, I agree. The sashes are disappointing because they nerf the old sashes. I think the sashes aren't a very good idea unless they are going to be hued a specific faction color, with appropriate faction name plates. Otherwise, I think a commemorative Statue for each major event would be a much finer idea (like the Lizardman statue near West Brit Bank ;P...but not that one).

Scrolls, boots, sherry, and the knight set are all cool, to me. I mean, the knight set might be less cool than phoenix armor, but, why does everything have to be more than aesthetically pleasing? I mean come on. It's bad enough stealthers got the virtue armor set. Perfect resists, all blessed. Bah.

Anyway, my point is, why it's cool to want, want, want, it doesn't help the game any to add crazy items. The people who complained about the limited bug list, however, I agree there whole heartedly.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will the shirt and the RBG Sash be blessed on Siege? If so, no big deal really, as there are no properties on them. I was just wondering.

I agree with whoever suggested the slogan for the shirt (I turned in my junk and all I got was this lousy t-shirt). That would be awesome!

I

imported_Cyrah

Where is the part please that it says HOW all of this will help rebuild Magincia?

As for new toys, I am sad to say I was sucked in after reading "Sherry".

Does it make up for some obsure trick about cake? Well not yet. !!!!

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
where did it say we were going to rebuild magincia?...i know they said we could save it fighting the rift guardians..but other then that i dont remember ( other then peoples speculations) anyone saying we were going to be rebuilding magincia....would be kewl if we did though

I

imported_Lariat

<blockquote><hr>

Just a thought here but why commas just in checks?

[/ QUOTE ]
I had the same thought. Hopefully they just worded it a little unclear and they'll be in vendor prices and item stacks as well (or at least vendor prices).

G

For me, vendor prices is the biggest issue. I'm half blind and sometimes miss how much 111111 is. *laughs* I usually have to count the numbers to make sure.
I'm glad I asked Dermott to fix it in KR, he did a good job there, but we aren't getting much feedback about KR lately.

G

Can anyone give me some info on Invalis’s Burchete please? I've never heard of it, is it a new item in the event?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

Can anyone give me some info on Invalis’s Burchete please? I've never heard of it, is it a new item in the event?

[/ QUOTE ]

See This Thread

The Inavlis Burchette was put in during the Ophidian Invasion. Cute little story behind it too. Silvani used to call the Bardiche's *burchette's* pronounced like Machete when she was little so the dev's put in the Inavlis Burchette (Silvani Spelled Backwards)

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Anytime Odin