• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] This Month on Europa (April 2010)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Edition 1: April 2010 written by Mapper​

Welcome

This monthly article will wrap things up for the previous month, Missed an event? Read here to catch up on the entire months events. Have a suggestion? Send it to [email protected] it would be greatly received.

EM Event News

Yew was hit sideways by complete surprise on the Sunday the 18th this month by a large party of Insane Dryads and some fiery armies in the form of Fire Elementals. They appeared to come from the region surrounding the mysterious Yew Crypts. Everyone fought off the surprise attack at the Crypts and some guardsmen from Yew saved the lives of several Rangers from inside the Crypts.

On the Thursday the following week Nathan Hawke ordered an investigation into what happened in Yew, We spoke with one of the rangers that was saved from the fires and he said a dragon swooped down on his party and they ran for cover in the Crypts. That's when it began to get nasty. As inflame trees began to fall, blocking their escape from the Crypts. Nathan pencilled in another meeting for the following day, Friday.

Friday arrived and Nathan asked we create a pile of gold and meat to try attract these dragons we knew nothing about. We waited a while and swooping low came several baby dragons, bright pink they were but killed quick. Later their father came along, Called George according to Nathan, Worrying, Anyway. The battle raged on as more large Crimson dragons flew down into the army that had gathered outside the Crypts in Yew.

Finally the battle was won, But with severe causalities on our end, Many people were healed when EM Emile Layne appeared and gated us away sharply into the Star Room. He said it was St. Georges Day and we were to be rewarded! Everyone got a Fire Fighter's Helmet. Was this whole event for St. Georges Day? Or should Yew look at getting some permanent dragon protection? Who knows, But the gifts sure are appreciated as well as the battle practice.

RP Event News

This month was busy for the roleplayer's of Europa. On Sunday the 11th the Duke of Trinsic, Irvyn Middlethorn, Held a garden party in his new house just West of the paladin city of Trinsic.

His house was one of unusual taste, the entire ground floor dedicated to a fantastic garden! Above which was his house, Sandstone of course.

An Easter event was held at the party, Anyone who signed up would be able to search the city for Easter eggs, the person with the most in their basket would win a prize! I was a little reluctant to take part however the lady I was sitting next to grabbed my hand and insisted we partner up and take part. Myself and my partner, Lady Pauline Stoker, Came third in the competition! Not too shabby, We both got a magnificent bottle of Harvest Wine which went down lovely after such a long hunt throughout the city.

The evening was capped off by EscaFlowne of Vesper proposing to Gwen Irima of Trinsic, She happily accepted! A wedding to look forward to indeed. Thank you to Trinsic for hosting the evening!

--------------------------​

Further North now, Vesper hold a Market outside the Swaggers Tavern every Tuesday at 7pm UK Time, I popped along on Tuesday the 13th this month to see what was on.

What a surprise I got! I found the usual stalls you would expect at such a market, Armour and weapon repairs, Petals and enchanted fruits.. But an entire stall devoted to the luxurious leather wears of Mr Flowne! Also in attendance that week were an odd pair of ladies, Selling what I describe as death in a bowl, In an attempt to sway Vesperians off meat and onto Rot Worm Stew I think they may have permanently muted my taste buds. Apart from that displeasure it was a fantastic evening of gossip and browsing, I highly suggest it.

--------------------------​

Staying with Vesper, They held their Spring Carnival on Sunday the 18th, Anyone who attended shouldn't need to be told how colourful and enjoyable the evening was. With kissing stalls, fortune tellers and a whole portable zoo and maze who couldn't enjoy themselves, A perfect family day out.

A huge thank you to Isabella for planning and of course the entire Vesper city, Along with a little magic touch by our EM's, A truly historic event.

Establishment Review

This months establishment I went to review is extremely new, In fact, They were constructed this month! Of course I mean the two brand new outposts now firmly built in the Abyss, Deep below Underworld dungeon.

First of all I visited the one near the Human entrance.

Owned by Lady Vetinari it's been constructed into a lovely deep stone L shape with a treasure room, guild meeting hall, training area and a cosy set of bunk beds for any sleepy traveller. Equipped with a Resurrection Ankh, A crystal portal and a teleporter to Zento it's ready for your use! Lady Vetinari has kindly built it for public use and for the WoY guild. On asking her what she said when she found out she won the house she said "I WON OMG!" and even frightened her poor husband who was in the other room.

You can get to the Human output very quickly by locating this Zento house and using the teleporter inside.

--------------------------

Next up was the Gargoyle house, Near the Cavern of Discarded it's the far more dangerous of the two, The lucky owner? You'll know him as Raistlin on the boards! This plot has a dark story with it. The plot was discovered by the people in the void after they entered the Abyss to explore. They discovered that a mage once owned it who performed forbidden rituals inside, They found the place abandoned and the bones of the Mage on the ground floor. On further investigation they learnt a little about what went wrong, But on request of Queen Dawn are forbidden to talk about it, They were asked by her to look after the plot.

The plot has a Resurrection Ankh in its graveyard and teleporters linking to Luna and the other Abyss house.
Thank you both Lady Vetinari and Raistlin for showing me around your brand new homes, Thank you for donating so much time and money into making them usable for the general public!

House of the Month

April's House of the Month is one I saw last month after a friend showed me, The fantastic Sparrows House of Collectables.

Located just west of Luna you could spend hours wondering this fantastic four story museum! I can't even begin to tell about the best bits, Just go take a look, It's breathtaking.

Events Coming Up in May

There are several player taverns open throughout each week, See the full schedule here to see when one is open.

Don't forget the Vesper Swaggers Market every Tuesday at 7pm UK Time, Outside the Swaggers Tavern near Vesper, Full details here.

Finally we have the the fortnightly ECL Chicken Fight on Monday the 3rd, Monday the 17th and Monday the 31st at 8pm UK Time at the ECL Arena, West Zento.

Note: Any events that are announced after this is posted will be in two places, Either the Europa Forum or the Europa Events Forum. EM events have the tag [EM Event] at the start so keep an eye out!

Any Additional Notices

ECL League Scores

After 7 weeks of deadly battling the scores stand as follows:

5: Cyanide
3 : Spike, Shadow, Frosty
2 : Midnight, BlueBlaze, Spot, Trinsic Steel, Lightning, Nari, Bernie
1 : Lime, ThrobbingGristle, SnotKlap, Nugget, Cerulean, Flash, Moonfeather, Dryad, Eric, Fir, Mixer, Quicksilver

Cyanide is slowly creating a gap between the 2nd best Spike, Shadow and Frosty! We'll see how the league is looking in next months edition.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FANTASTIC article!!!! Like mapper said, the luna teleport tile is public open , so you all can use it (Of course need SA and have finished the quest hehe).

Hope it will be usefull to the community :p and have to thx to WOY guild for the help they bring me with stuff i was missing for the deco. THX A LOT!!!

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations on a fine article and thank you for featuring Sparrows house that was a nice surprise.

It does however only hold half of my collection the other half is in Bobars castle and if anyone likes browsing through stuff like this a rune for it can be found just inside the kitchen area at Sparrows.

I

Irvyn

Nice summary, thanks Mapper :) I shall certainly go and take a look at Sparrow's museum one day, it looks fascinating.