• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] The Red & Purple Mini Mall - A Very-Very Special Non-Event!

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Red & Purple Mini Mall - A Very-Very Special Non-Event!

So summer is finally here and the horrible winter weather is all cleared up… we still keep our fingers crossed. So many bank-sitters. Foo! How about a little mid-year fun, you say?

All of June… one of the oldest establishments on Atlantic shard, the Red & Purple Mini Mall will be celebrating… “A Very-Very Special Non-Event” and YOU are invited!

You’ll see the front garden of the R&PMM completely transformed to a special theme, “The Jungle Days of Summer”… to illustrate the fun of custom houses, rares, and sugar-fueled creativity. Why? In a world of pure imagination… why do so many seam to fail to just have some fun with their play? How many times have I seen new malls pop up using “Mini Mall” or a color and color for a name? Seems like every 3 months this happens. Well.. I got to talking about how easy it is to just invent a totally new theme and make it work. Hence the seeds of this whole adventure.

Besides the Mini Mall’s front garden being tricked out…

A special non-event event hosted by Hawk of Atlantic. More to come.

We want to share the fun! So… we will be sponsoring a special decorating contest. Player’s choice! 3 Player Vets will be the judges. And yes… we will have PRIZES you can keep!

Player Establishments are WELCOMED to take part in this contest! We all know our malls and rune libraries can not be torn apart for decorating contest or seasonal themes. Now is YOUR chance to really show off your skill in decoration and creativity. Do not go into construction mode! Do some shopping. Or dig around in your storage containers and just make something up.

There is no set rules to your theme… you can pick anything you want to do.

Participants must provide:
1. The name of their house normally.
2. How this house normally functions. (Be it your residence or a mall, whatever.)
3. What the special theme is for this event decoration.
4. The theme’s name.
5. Location. (Tram, Malas, whatever).
6. Submit a picture!

It's that easy! Submissions must be in before June 18th, when the judging will begin.

So… June 1st. Visit the “unofficial” town of Red & Purple and check out the Jungle theme.

Get Inspired and Enter the contest!

C

Calat

Very exciting I Love decorating contest. Few questions I have before I begin. It is only voted on by pictures or do the judges veiw the locations personally? You must leave your home as it is ?. Is it ok to redesign for the contest? Can we have a clue of what the prizes will be,because I just redesigned my home and don't feel like doing it again if I just have a chance of winning a hedge. Are you allowed to use two homes as long as they are next to ,infront of or beside the primary resident? thank you in advance for repling to my questions....

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some answers to your good questions:

1, The pictures are for everyone to see online… we will gather runes so everyone can see in game as well.

2, The judges will visit personally.

3, You can redesign your house or just work with what you have. No need to go into construction mode.

The reason why the mention of Establishments welcomed… establishments require a level of function, if it be access to areas like a library or vendors. With a lot of malls, many vendors are rented out to other players. These vendors prevent any customizing as long as they stand. And it's insane to remove these vendors for the sake of customizing a house or seasonal decorating or a décor contest.

Your question about 2 houses next to each other: Seeing we want to keep this contest fair to everyone, not just the rare few that have houses like that… multi houses will not have any extra edge then a single house. It's all about what you do with the house, if it's a 18x18 or 7x7. No one should be reluctant to enter. Each house will be judged on it's own merit. Not on reputation or history to the shard.

Hint to prize value: Way more then a hedge!!! Good lord! Someone did that? Prizes in this contest will be announced soon, but even the lowest prize will be worth 1 million gold. Higher prices… 10m, maybe more. Maybe way more. *wink* :lol:

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

What's the "theme" or criteria?

I have a house that I would love to enter...the Fortress of Fear...but it's not themed to anything in particular, besides my own fiction that I posted here on Stratics in the story The Fortress of Fear.

This house is the result of the imagination of both myself, and a former player, Mr. Clean.

I think it needs to be visited to really be appreciated.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morgana LeFay (PoV)'s question answered:

There is no set theme requirement other then just having fun with it.

I would suggest you pick a theme that you wouldn’t normally have for your house. For example, with the R&PMM… a jungle will be my theme (I’m not able to complete in the contest), however… we have never had a jungle theme before. You can do horror or passion… or dungeon-esk, fantasy/enchanted worlds… after a movie you love. Go nuts! :) If you even dare… you can make a holiday theme totally off season, like Christmas, Easter, Halloween, National Candy Appreciation Week. End of the contest, put your house back to whatever you would normally have.

By the way… nice house. Can't wait to see it in-game.

Side note: I’ve placed a mailbox at the Church of Candy, that will be for runes for houses submitted. There will be a runebook locked down and books explaining the contest, for people that may be out of the loop, along with an Vendor to catch people’s attention. This will be just at the east of the mall building.