• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] The Hunt for One-Eyed-Pete's Treasure Resumes!

A

AngelMhor

I have scoured Britannia and now can barely keep my eyes open. Oh key where for art thou key.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can i add to all that if you do find the last key, it will have a letter 'P' on it like the one next to the chests in the den.
I say this due the the 'funny person' thats been putting keys in chests around Britannia.........

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The shipyard only happened today, thats why we couldnt get any further on the clues ;)
Grats on the bounty Slayvite!
Now only one chest is still locked at Pete´s hideout.

What was that about the shipyard? I´ve been away the past days, and now am clueless.
There´s a new picture hint? Passwords?
*scratches head*
Can someone please enlighten me? :bowdown:

T

thelust6

Im not going to reveal to much because theres likley still people figuring it out for themselves who'd like to do it that way :p in fact ill just pm ya :p x

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok i give up. My brain can no longer cope with that last clue.
It seems i'm not alone thou as all the other clues were solved within a few hours of being released. This one on the other hand is around 3-4 days old now.
I think its just because that clue can be read in so many different ways, Ambiguous i think the word is.

Any chance of a Hint, Before the Demons from the next 'secret room' over tunnel thru? :thumbsup:

S

Seasseragh

It should still be on, no-one reported finding the last key yet. Pete´s cave is on Bald Isle, about 50 steps north of the pirate´s hut. Say "dig" on the northern tip of the "dune".

I hope they leave the access to the "shipyard" intact (pretty please?).

T

thelust6

If you give *a bottle of ale* to one of the three pirates next to Nelson the parrot on Bald Island, a conversation will act out with Nelson giving you directions from the hut to the spot where you say Dig to enter the cave as well.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
William has now docked his boat East of the hut where the 3 pirates are, Talk with him and he will have a conversation with you about the next part. But dont rope me into telling you what item he wants ;)

T

Tane Darkbane

Once you get to that point, sit on the grass and say where you are-

interestingly enough a 'point' is an outcrop of land into the sea,

also set in stone could refer to the virtues which arnt complete yet.........

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

*grins* and in 4 days time when your still wording that sentence into everything, you'll be where i am. Now where did i put that straight jacket...... :D

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Also the, 'name where you are', as opposed to 'say where you are' .. which makes me think you have to name the area, which would probably mean its an area with no name, so not a shrine.

Someone please figure this out soon so I don't keep coming back to it, its driving me crazy!!!! :confused: :coco: :stretcher:

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel like smashing my face repeatedly on a brick wall trying to solve this.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got it!! Of course it's so simple.......oh wait, we don't have pink elephants on a candyfloss island in UO. :coco: :mf_prop:

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
God i even had a dream of solving this riddle last night, and woke up to be utterly dissapointed. Its taunting me even in my sleep!

T

thelust6

Hm..shall we try and pool ideas together?

This virtue is not set in stone

- Could mean one of the three inactive virtues; Honesty, Humility or Spirituality? (Just so happens if you take each of these shrines in Trammel, they form a sort of triangle with Bucc's Den at it's centre - where one key was found)

- Possibly a place related to the Virtue's shrine? - Compassion is the only shrine in Trammel not set in stone (small island in the middle of compassion Desert with trees surrounding it) (However Honestey in Illish' is the only one thats symbol (open palm) is not set in stone paving)

- Chaos Shrine? - It's an ankh and a tile, not part of the current virtue in-game virtue system.

- I personally thought it might have had something to do with humility - Each Virtue has a representative town - in this case Magancia (Pride), which being destroyed is no longer the embodiment of Humility? Lore states New Magancia represents Humility? Associated profession was that of a Shepherd, they sit on grass :p (also it's the only virtue to be missing an anti virtue dungeon)

- Linked to the Virtue quests? I checked this out, there pretty simple to do, no luck though, only Honor gives a reward (a purple chalice goblet) that could be described as it's symbol - a chalice

- Near a shrine that is located away from mountains? (Not set in stone) - that'd only be Valor (depending on your judgement). Any other ideas?

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not set in stone - set in water or earth? Floating? Wood? On an island? Something about its status?

Stone elementals - something to do with other elementals? Fire water air eles?

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Compassion is the only shrine in Trammel not set in stone (small island in the middle of compassion Desert with trees surrounding it) (However Honestey in Illish' is the only one thats symbol (open palm) is not set in stone paving)
I didn't think Humility shrine in tram was set in stone either, theres only grass around, not even any stone pavings.

Also, what about Spirituality? Its set in a type of stone, marble, whereas all the others that have stone around them, are actually labelled stone.

S

Seasseragh

Humility has four stone pillars, but that might still "count". Spirituality is elevated over a pond, so set in water and/or air?

But both have plenty of grass around, since at least a general area has to be identifiable I did expect a place with little grass... which would make Compassion a perfect candidate, but *sigh*...

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even when I test a spot I am not turly sure I am doing things correctly.

Is it:
*sit on grass* (adds name of where I am),
*sits on grass* (adds name of place I am),
*sit* on grass* (add name of place I am)
Or as some have been doing sitting on a chair they brought with them and adds the place where they are.

Or non of the above.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have totally run out of ideas now - I have tried all i could think of at the shrines with no success like everybody else.

It also occurred to me that it may not actually be a shrine. The clue mentions Virtue but nothing about a shrine. I have just reread Lord British's book 'Virtue' in the hope it might mention a point but alas not. This virtue is certainly not set in stone it is a book. I have also tried at 'Virtues Pass' the bridge in Britain and at the 'Hall of the Virtues'. Nothing.

So thats it for me I give up.:cursing:

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even when I test a spot I am not turly sure I am doing things correctly.

Is it:
*sit on grass* (adds name of where I am),
*sits on grass* (adds name of place I am),
*sit* on grass* (add name of place I am)
Or as some have been doing sitting on a chair they brought with them and adds the place where they are.

Or non of the above.
Hehe, thats what I tried.

But then you told me about all the others you've mentioned above so I tried those too.

Honestly, I have no idea what is right, I just guessed and tried anything that I thought of .. no clue if you need to emote sitting on the grass, or say that you are - or even if you need to include any of the other words in the riddle, 'point', 'grass', 'name' or 'where', or any of the others.

It could be any variation :(

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It also occurred to me that it may not actually be a shrine. The clue mentions Virtue but nothing about a shrine. I have just reread Lord British's book 'Virtue' in the hope it might mention a point but alas not. This virtue is certainly not set in stone it is a book. I have also tried at 'Virtues Pass' the bridge in Britain and at the 'Hall of the Virtues'. Nothing.
Or if something is not set in stone it could be seen as an unwritten law. So not a Virtue we have a shrine for, like patience for example (sorry could not resist useing that as an example).

I am not sure if the 2 lines space is a clue that the point is a distance away from the first location we travel too.

T

Tak

Thought about patience too, inside the triangle there could be farmers, which are patient?

And not to forget GM's strange sense for humor..other word for grass? *cough*
Couldnt find anything interesting there, except a book about Virtue (did we read the same book? xD).

Compassion would be the shrine if you take two spots and draw a line.
Nothing.

Valor isnt set in stone and there is a sweet grass spot. Nothing.

gnnnaaa...please dont stack riddles!! Its hard enough to find that place, but then you still need the right words? Thats frustrating..lol
The yard is lovely btw :dunce:

T

thelust6

Alas I didn't pick up the trail where the old Ankh of Sacrifice was in Old Haven either! *marks potential place from list*

C

cheerful

Wouldn't it be really really funny if the EM's said 'Oh, we forgot to add something to the clue, our bad'

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since its meant to be running until the 31st I guess it makes sense to have a stupidly difficult last clue :D

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if this has any relavence to the clue, but in the Treasure den each server up their are 2 cakes on the floor. They cant be picked up, but can be eaten (probably why they dont last long) One is at the top of the stairs and one is just outside the little plot.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the Virtue part of the clue, i'm leaning towards Castle Blackthorn.
It has a little garden out front and is an Island aswell.

But again i've tried all sorts of words and no luck.

T

Tak

I like the idea that "Virtue not set in stone" is a book.

I bet EM's pay money to EA for the fun they have:/
What a sadistic bunch of....:D

D

delped

Hi alls.. I have been following the thread, have been in the hideout and looked into all the areas mentioned here and talked to William at the boat, but i can't seem to work out how to get pass the wood entrance.. and find the last riddle.. could someone plz help me out..

ps i may have clues you dont as i too have scoured the land and seen some things

A

ArchStanton

THIS VIRTUE is not set in stone.

THIS VIRTUE is therefore open to change

THIS VIRTUE rearranged becomes REVISIT HUT

worth a try :)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since we are only a couple of days from the end of this event and i truly want this clue solved now.
The pile of wood at Pete's hut, stand there and say 'shipyard' that will get you to the clues underneith.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just went to revisit the pirate hut, ran away from the Ancient Wyrm that's presumably left over from a treasure hunt nearby!

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anybody tried revisiting the hut in Buccaneer's Den where the first key was found?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Roll on Monday when we may finally see what the last clue ment, theirs a hole appearing in my wall where my head keeps hitting.

D

delped

Hi alls, what happened with this event on monday, was it solved?

T

Tak

East of Yew there is a river, looks like a chalice?
In Buc's Den that water plants look like a heart?

*bashes head on keyboard*

Nutting!! :wall: